Welcome to the forum

9am Sunday Club Run - steady ride navigators, 35-45 miles

Comments

• Now then, i am down to take next Sundays club run (28th).

I wasnt planning on racing then but not having had much of a race last Sunday with a puncture i am toying with riding a central league at Hillingdon.

Is there anyone who can take my place on Sunday to look after a club run? Its no great fuss for me either way and im happy to do club run duties if no one else can, just thought id ask :)
  • I'm happy to take this ride, Tim.
  • James, thats very nice of you but apparently the cx race has been cancelled :(

So ill be out on the club run. Weather looks good at the moment so i might bring out something retro.
  • Enjoyed that. Thanks Tim
    (Oddly, everything seemed a lot flatter than it was the last time I rode it!)
  • I am unlikely to be out on Sunday after a full day in Baldock. Is there anyone to look after a club run? Anyone can do it.

The route i would have suggested is Shepreth , Fowlmere over the 505 up to Heydon and Chishill then take the left at the bottom of the hill on the lumpy road to Langley, keep turning right until you get to Nuthamstead then left into Barkway. From there various routes home.

Just under 40 that, although fairly hilly but does use the super wiggly road into Nuthamstead which always makes me smile.

Anyway upto whoever is out but just thought id offer a suggestion.

Weather looks far better on Sunday as well.
  • Tim, I'll take the ride this Sunday, I'll post a route up at some point, but it will probably be different to above as I don't know that route too well. There will be a new member (Libby) along too (form and cheque in the post)
  • Hey. Big welcome to Libby! About time too
  • Thanks Luke, thats great and of course choose your own route. Have fun Libby!
  • edited October 2014
    I'll be down this weekend so can take the steady club run if you like Stef. as I notice you are down to take this. Will sort route and distance dependent upon the weather. Hope to see lots of you this Sunday 9.00am.
  • Geoff - actually that would be great, thanks. i have an annoying chest infection (man flu?) that i was hoping would go away but its not, so i am doubtful.
    if i recover i will join you.
  • o.k.Stef. sorry to hear that. Hope to see you. Maybe I can work it so the club run goes to the top of second hill climb and cheer on contestants...We'll see.
  • I'll take next Sunday (19th). Will look out a route during the week.
    Susan
  • Thanks Susan. Have a good one. We had a steady ride to Fowlemere past Chapel Hill and on to the Eversdens past Bourne and Longstowe. We had a largish group of very capable riders who wanted to go a bit further. Four broke off at Longstowe as they had to be back by 12noon. As it happened we were on schedule and got back for 11.48 but guess that would have been tight for Tim who had to get to hitchin. Was great to see Daniel Green staying with the group because we averaged 16.5 for 44 miles. Was a flat ride but a good clip for a youngster. Chapeau Daniel. Won't be down for a bit so happy cycling everyone.
  • Thanks Geoff enjoyed the ride :-)
  • pleasure Tim...hope you made it in time :-)
  • hope you have a good ride with Susan this Sunday 19th everyone.
  • Hi
    Let's go north, up to the Gransdens. See you in the morning.
    Susan
  • We went to the Gransdens via Croydon Hill, which felt fine, until I realised we had a tailwind. There were five of us today, me, Olly, Vic, Jamie and George. Very blowy everywhere, ended up doing 35 miles at 15mph. Hope that poor bloke seemingly knocked off his bike at the Gransdens junction, just after Gamlingay, recovered (emergency services were there).
    Susan
  • anyone out tomorrow??
  • edited November 2014
    Just Skelders, Daniel and I followed 4 others led by Carmelo out as far Tempsford where they turned North and we split off for a two bridges like route as far as Ireland/Shefford where we split with Skelders finding his way back to Hitchin and Daniel and I headed for Letchworth.
    A pleasant ride with weak November sunshine and the roads never quite drying enough to lose the fear of slippage.
    We finished with 43 miles at 15.5mph. Just perfect for Slovember.

Thanks for the company Skelders.
  • Enjoyed it Pete, hope Daniels toes warmed up! Will try and get Henry to join us next time(footy fixtures permitting!)
  • No CX for me tomorrow as i need to be home for lunchtime so ill be around for a steady 40 mile club run. Probably the Barton, Comberton, bourne route.
  • Folks, the weather looks a little more sensible tomorrow and i am around for a club run.

40 miles max 15/17 ish and i was thinking of heading out up bird hill, not been up that for ages.
  • Tim,
    Is that 9.00 or 9.30 meet?
  • Thats 9.00.
  • Excellent. See you there,
  • Thanks for the great ride, Tim for navigating and Alex for the spare Tube. Sorry to hold everyone up with the run of punctures - I will put the kids to work on the duff tubes to earn some pocket money!
    Cheers
    Iain
  • No worries, Iain. You were fast! Reckon you should get yourself down to club-night at the Tuns and show 'em how it's done
  • Again no worries Iain.

Enjoyed the run out, thanks for navigating Tim!
  • Not club riding tomorrow, heading into deepest darkest Essex to the inlaws.

If you want a club run someone needs to put their hand up.