Welcome to the forum

Ride the Olympic Velodrome - 20th December

2»

Comments

• Bryn - that's fine, see you there.

1 or 2 places left i think.
  • Not having been to the track before, do we need to get there before 12 to book in, get bike and shoes sorted etc or does that all get done as part of the 12-3pm slot? Just trying to figure out which train to get tomorrow.

Vicky
  • We have track time from 12 till 3 so best to get there for 11.30 to get bikes and stuff sorted.
  • Forgive me for possibly a stupid question, but what's the nearest tube/overgrown station or the best way to get there from the kings cross line?

I can't see any 'how to get here' section on the website...
  • plan your visit

By rail

Nearest station/tube: Stratford / Stratford International

Lee Valley VeloPark is a 20 minute walk from both stations.

Stratford station is served by:

Underground: Jubilee and Central Lines
    Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
    National rail: Abellio Greater Anglia for services to Liverpool Street and Essex and East Anglia
    London Overground services
    Stratford International station is served by:

Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
    National Rail: Southeastern High Speed 1 services to St Pancras International
  • MC - shame you cant make it, enjoy your Christmas shopping!
  • Things to remember.... helmet, shoes, bike (unless you are hiring), gloves, kit- shorts/jersey/arm warmers maybe, and something to pull on to keep warm when you are not riding
    water bottle, energy bar/snack, money, camera.
  • Running late. A1 come to a complete standstill
  • I am at a loss as to how it has taken me until today, which is over 27 years of riding for cycling clubs, to realise that this form of cyclesport is so much fun.
    Wow - I am proper buzzing after this afternoon!

Thank you to Andrew & Stef for arranging today. Put my name down for the next session.

JRVM
  • I would like to thank Andrew and Stef for such a fun day. I will definitely be looking forward to the next sessions.

Thanks,

Vicky
  • Awesome :)

Last time was a revelation for me, about just how good a bike can feel on a perfect surface

This time was more brilliant, for the added thrill of moving around and within a group. Thanks everyone
  • Brilliant day out! loved it!

Stef- all paid up as well but not sure I inserted the reference properly. It might just come out as CCA….

Thanks again for organising.
  • Richard T - 18:13 - 2nd =
    Vicki. - 19:20 - 9th
    Tom. - 18:44 - 4th
    Steve G. - 17:44 - 1st
    Pete. - 19:56 - 10th =
    Jamie. - 19:00 -7th =
    Alan. - 19:56 - 10th =
    Alex. - 18:13 - 2nd =
    David. - 19:00 - 7th =
    Tim. - 18:93 - 6th
    Jenny. - 20:32 - 13th
    Dave W. - 19:81 - 12th
    James. - 18:62 - 5th
  • Fantastic fun and a really good workout too. Thank you for organising and I'll definitely be looking out for the next one.
  • Thanks for organising, it was great fun.

Dad had a go at taking a few photos but insists it's harder than it looks so there were few worth sharing

• another great session, really enjoyed today, especially the formation/stacking exercises.
    good to see so many there and really getting stuck in.
    all down to andrew getting us the track time - thanks. will definitely be there for the next one.

for those who asked reminder of how to pay:
    cost £24 for the session plus if you are hiring a bike £10, plus shoes £6.
    bank transfer - Cycle Club Ashwell, sort code 20-41-12, acct no 20382167 - please put reference VELO and your surname.
  • edited December 2014
    Pictures and a pdf from the "fast group" at the Velodrome.
    Let me know if you'd like any of these.
  • Great pics!
    Thanks Tim, thanks Brynd and father of Brynd