Welcome to the forum

9am Sunday Club Run - steady ride navigators, 35-45 miles

Comments

• I think Tim is away Sunday so I will lead a ride.

Strictly tarmac this week!

Mark.
  • Cant get out tomorrow morning im on football duty :( so if anyone wants a club run please come up with a route and post here.

Ta
  • Iexpect to be down for Sunday 15th March so am happy to take a steady 9.00am club ride 35-45 miles at 15 mph or so. Speed and distance depending on who turns up for the ride.
    drop a note here if interested.
  • just a reminder folks..........easy pace club ride tomorrow...9.00am the three tuns.
    All comers welcome. 35 miles or soat 14-16 mph. Whatever suits those on the ride.
  • Well, we did 35 miles at 14.5 so job done. Good to see Vic getting back to riding after knee trouble and Sophie Lewis and dad Matt out..was expecting Sophie,Holly and Paul P. out but guess other things intervened. I will always do a club run when down. The club NEEDS this slower group ride for newbie members who won't do the longer distances and higher speeds, also injured riders regaining fitness who don't need the stress of trying hard to keep up. Hope someone else steps up to do a regular slot. The routes are on club site and it's an easy thing for anyone to take it on as well as good fun.
  • Cant make it out tomorrow, im on football duty. If there is anyone else who is willing to look after a club run post here.

Ta.
  • edited March 2015
    Stevie and I will be out tomorrow so will lead a ride.
  • Hope you all had a good ride. Beautiful weather up here so went out for a hilly 30. Still using my heavy winter bike so looking forward to a lighter bike in a couple of months.
  • Looks like there is a fast ride out tomorrow is there anyone who wants to look after a 9.00 club run?
    Im hoping to ride a summer CX tomorrow so wont be out In the morning.

Ta.
  • I've got a route into the north wind for 40 miles or so. I'll be there with my Daniel at 0900. All welcome.
  • Hi Folks,

I should be out at 9.00 for a club run. 40 ish miles. Looks like it might be a bit damp to start.
  • Im unlikely to be out tomorrow, probably at football and weather looks a bit grim. Anyone else out?
  • edited May 2015
    Im away this weekend but the weather looks ok for Sunday. Post here if you are looking for a club run, hopefully before heading up to the grass in the afternoon!
  • Away again this weekend! Post here if you want a 9.00 steady club run.
  • Yes 9 working for me I have to be in Ashwell for 12 so a cheeky 40 would work for me... Also back just recovering so don't want to end up back on the the meds again
  • Hi all, Tim is indicating possible booze induced debilitation in the morning however we might be able to tempt him with a cheeky 35-40 to blow the cob webs away.. Any takers?
  • I might be persuaded if the weather is good...........oh dear :(
  • .............Light Rain! That is good for a man with a notable selection of bikes.

I need to get out at 9 to get some miles in either way. Will head out from Tuns if others are about and head through stepple so you can pick us up at Litlington Church if you are sufficiently sober

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/uk/36-hour-weather-forecast/united-kingdom/east-of-england/ashwell-hertfordshire
  • Oh-no Moist!
  • Those who stayed in bed made a wise decision.. Wet and windy and a hard last 10 with no lead out train!
  • Lots going on this week. Anyone around for the Sun/9am?
  • Im not around this weekend, but im sure there will be some out. I think Dan was looking to be out at 9.00.
    Dont forget if you get to Letchworth between 12.00 and 12.45 you can have a blast around the crit course!
  • will do a 9am that loops south and back in to Lethchworth
  • extra h their in Letchworth..
  • Hi All. Is the train coming through Langford this morning?
  • Sorry Pete the blue train set off to Watton at Stone and looped up to Lilley before the 4 of us split at letchworth with Strappy and Jane's pace doing for Dan and I. We came back in to Ashwell on a neat 49miles at Ave of 16.6. Lots of roads with new chipping on them but no punctures and also a really well drilled train down from Whitwell to Lilley shortly after redirecting two cyclists who were so lost, they were actually off their map! Eventful run!
  • Sorry Jess, Dan - don't like spending any more time than I have to on that main road, so I pushed on with Strappy. The Letchworth Festival was already buzzing at noon and I got my quick spin on the circuit

Yes, a good pacey section to Lilley. The only improvement I'd suggest is adding a bit more blue to the train - get that Dan signed up and wearing the jersey!
  • Lots on again this weekend.. Will meet at tuns for a father's day 50ish if anyone is up for it
  • 3 confirmed do a small blue train will pull out at 9am.. Heading via Langford to the Clappers I think unless the weather goes wild
  • 6 for the road this morning.. Dwindled to 4 as strappy's obsession with hills took over! That said, fast ride with 52 miles at 17.6 and Dan taking the sprint!