Welcome to the forum

9am Sunday Club Run - steady ride navigators, 35-45 miles

124»

Comments

• Weather will be a factor tomorrow. Will call it 1st thing.

Anyone definitely out 4 the 9am?
  • I'll be out tomorrow.

Planning to do about 50 - 60 miles, probably Duxford, Saffron Walden, Linton, Gog and Magog.

Mark.
  • I am still in the pub but could be convinced... If weather very bad might push run till afternoon
  • With so many folk in France, 9am turn out might be a bit low. We have 2 confirmed so happy to do a 9am run if numbers demand otherwise I am thinking we might combine with 9.30. Views??
  • 9am is on. 40+ at 16/17. Likely out to saff Walden
  • Ok so on what proved to be an extremely wet ride despite no rain ? in Ashwell 5 of us set off to saffron Walden for timely cafe stop to at least squeeze the water out of our gloves! Thanks to John for picking up the tab!

49.8 miles at 17.2 for the stragglers , I am sure the break away trio will have been closer to 18 by the end.

Thanks
  • Im hoping to be out tomorrow, looks like it could be pretty grim from about 11.00 so probably not a very long one, maybe head south to Cromer, Bennington and back through Buntingford and see what the weather is doing then.

40 miles max, likely less if its chucking it down.
  • Hi,

Stevie and I will be out Sunday. To make the most of the promised fine weather I will design a 50 mile route that includes stopping for coffee and a huge slice of delicious fruit cake at Hare Street.

Mark.
  • I'm gonna go early on the 6.30 blast out to St Ives ... Enjoy
  • 5 out to Sandon, Buckland, Barkway, Anstey, Brent Pelhamp, Furneaux Pelham, Hare Street, Wyddial, Buntingford, Nasty, Ardeley, Cromer, Slip End and back.

Great weather, excellent company, superb cake, top ride, thanks everyone.

Final stats were: 2 Coffee Cakes, 1 fruit cake, 1 chocolate cake and 1 fruit scone.
  • Yet another excellent ride.

Felt like the most comfortable 50 miler i've done (the fruit scone obviously did the trick).
    Lovely route,tea break, sunshine and company.
    Also, great to try Stevie's carbon boardman (defo on my christmas list...)

Cheers,

Ruth

P.S I owe Mark 2 teas and a fruit scone :)
  • Now those are the kind of stats I like!
  • Stevie and I out again tomorrow.

45 ish mile route, probably going east to Great Chesterford.
  • Should be out at 9am.. I need to try the beetroot shot to see what all the fuss is about so i will either be on fire or just have pink wee! Either way that is a Sunday morning right there!
  • Where the bloody hell did you all go.. Seems the wedding double decker split us up on the littlebury road... Chased you back but Bob and I never got sight of the peleton again! Was it the beetroot or the expresso or both who knows! Back via Great Chrisall and Reed by 12.20..
  • Sorry Jess, I waited at the junction but you had steamed on out of site so I assumed you would turn right at Wendons Ambo and see us on the B road. We carried on through Littlebury Green and then up to Great Chishill. I think we were back by about 12:15pm so you were only just behind us.

9 out to Meldreth, Foxton. Newton, Duxford, Ickleton, Great Chesterford cafe stop, Littlebury, Littlebury Green, Great Chishill, Barkway, Reed, Therfield.
  • no worries mark- thanks for the route.

Wedding bus on Bob & I's heels blocked out any calls

See you all soon
  • Is there still a 9am on Sunday and who's out?
  • Hi Tom, I'll be out this Sunday at 9:00. Dan.
  • Sorry, not going to make it now.