Welcome to the forum

Like bikes? Like coffee? Like cakes? Well you'll love this new bike shop

edited September 2015 in General
As some of you already know I am in the process of opening a new bike shop in the area. This has been pipe dream for the last 12 years a project I've been planning seriously for the last 9 months and I'm really excited to be able to announce details to you all as my club mates.

Like most of you I've spent a lot of time in bike shops over the years and have experienced the good, the bad and the ugly of the bike trade. However despite this, I've seen very few examples of a fully rounded bike shop offering all the things we want to see as a cycling community. This is what led me to want to start this new venture and develop a bike shop that cyclists can love with a variety of products, services and reasons to visit.

The shop is going to be called Flamme Rouge Cycles and we are opening in Bedford around the end of October. We will be offering the obvious bike sales across some great quality brands including Trek, Cannondale, Frog, and Early Rider amongst others. We will also have a professional workshop, bike fitting studio and most importantly cyclists coffee lounge serving great quality locally roasted coffee and home baked cakes. We are planning some great events including evening coaching, training & nutrition sessions as well as just being a great place to stop off on a ride for a coffee & cake.

I will keep you posted as the store progresses, and we have more details of launch promotions & actvities. Right now the shop is a building site so plenty of work to do. For more updates please check out the store Facebook page using the link below:

Click here for the FB page

Thanks

Jamie

Comments

• Wishing you and your family all the best on your exciting venture

Shelton
  • Jamie, this is really very exciting. It sounds wonderful and i can see i will have to get far more aquainted with Bedford.

Its a big venture, but with your boundless enthusiasm, unflappable attitude and all round cycling knowledge which you have ably demonstrated in all you hard work for the club, this is going to be a great success.

...i feel a new Cannondale cx coming on...
  • Best of luck Jamie, looking forward to seeing the finished shop.

Don't forget the standing order scheme - think of it as a tab behind the bar, I'm sure lots of club members will be looking for a way to hide bike funds!!!
  • Good luck with this Jamie. I thought it was going to be in Bishops Stortford? (which would have been easier for us to cycle to)
  • Looking forward to purchasing my new CAAD 12 in the coming months
  • Best of luck Jamie - hope it all works out for the Red Van & Flamme Rouge!

John
  • Best of luck with this venture Jamie!

Daniel
  • Good Luck Jamie!

You Might Want To Check This Genius Bike Shop Initiative Out, "Spouse Receipts" http://road.cc/content/news/164413-bike-shop-allegedly-offering-spouse-receipt ;)

Looking Forward To Visiting The Cafes On Club Rides! (This means I need to get on a bike again..........)
  • Jamie
    Best of luck and shout if you are in need of a hand. Will have to adjust routes to pass by your caf
  • Best of luck with the new venture.
    Will be in to look around when opened.
    Adam
  • Bringing this back to the top and with an update for you all....

The first shop for Flamme Rouge is nearly ready to open and its looking awesome. I really am starting to believe my own hype as well.
    In the run up to the launch I'm looking for some help from the club (in return for some special one off trade offers!) We have about 60 bikes to build between now and the weekend and in the words of S Club 7, there aint no party like a bike build party... Well nearly anyway!

If any of you have any free time during the days or evenings over the next 3-4 days, can use an allen key in anger and fancy coming up to Bedford building bikes then drop me a line at jamie@flammerouge.cc

Have a look at our Facebook page to see the latest updates on the shop

JRVM
  • Jamie
    Only just seen your message. Did you sort out the bikes? How did the opening go?
  • Good to see you and your shiny new bike shop today - most impressive.

Thanks for the warm welcome, excellent coffee and chance to thaw out!

Looking forward to coming over many more times, hopefully with a few club mates.

All the very best of luck to you

John