Welcome to the forum

Hardriders TT sunday 13th March

edited February 2016 in Time Trial
The season opener for us is the Hardriders TT on the 13th March.

The course is going to be the 25 circuit, ie the F14/12, Wreslingworth, Guilden, Wendy. Start is at the top of the hill just south of the Wrestlingworth crossroads and the finish just before Guilden, 2 and a bit laps.

Signing on will be in the usual place on the concrete pad by the 10 finish and will be open from about 9.00. First rider off approx 9.30 or soon after when everyone gets out to the start. As its a club event there is no huge pressure to start on the dot.

To make this happen we need a Timekeeper, a pusher offer, and at the very least a marshal at the 1198 junction but preferably a marshal at wrestlingworth too and maybe on the Wimpole roundabout also.

Everyone is welcome, adults and youth over 12 and you are free to use discs and pointy hats through to winter bike with mudguards. you can also ride as a 2 up if you want some practice too.

Please post here if you can help and heres hoping for some suitably grim weather! Without the volunteers the event wont go ahead.

Comments

• Super, thank you TD. I'll try to rope in a bod or two.

Course details halfway down on the club TT page.
  • I'm happy to help out. Timekeeping, pushing off or marshalling, whatever needs doing.
  • I'm happy to help out too with this madness. Much better than riding it !

Can we order some warmer weather too this year please?? With last years Northfields road 'ice blast', surprised myself and Tim didn't get frostbite !
  • Oh dear...it seems we've arranged to go north and see Dave's granny that weekend. What a shame! We'll think of you all, as you're enjoying hardriders we'll be slogging up Rosedale Chimney.
    Enjoy it all, and sorry we're not there to help out. Looking forward to the start of the club 10s!
  • i'd like to ride it so do i just show up or do i need to register in advance? Is this just basically like our regular club TT in the way its organized, only over the longer course?
  • edited March 2016
    No pre-registering. Just turn up, sign on, get your number, warm-up, then suffer for and hour or so. Remember the faster you go the less time you suffer :-) Members £3, non members from other clubs most welcome as guests £4.

Weather looking to warm up by the weekend.

Thanks very much for the offers of help so far from:

David J, & David H

We still need additional help so please post on this forum thread if you are willing and able to assist in running this event.
  • I would like to help out as a marshal, see you on Sunday.
  • Tim /James
    Happy to help. Need to be away by 11 for footy duties!
    Cheers
    Peter
  • Hardriders...

There has been some confusion on the route: so to absolutely clear... this weekend's Hardriders is the 'full' 25 mile route.

This lap - twice - note the different start and finish points;

http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/838236-cc-ashwell-25-mile-tt-lap-code-f1412/

It's not the shorter new Club 10m loop. And deffo not the old Northfields route. Though sign-on is on the old 10 course concrete pad.

Weather forecast is great, considering. All welcome: you just need the ability to ride 25 miles.
  • Tim at the Three Tuns has kindly agreed to open for us at 11 tomorrow. A big hot pot of filter coffee will be waiting for us.

This is incredibly kind of them! See you all back there for a hot drink and some post-race chat.
  • I'll pop in on the way back from the Ike Saul if you're still about around 12...
  • Unfortunately footy has been brought forward so I won't be able to help
  • edited March 2016
    My Mum (Anita Lewis) is happy to help out marshalling or anything else etc.

gareth
  • Marshals & Riders please be aware that the Ike Saul Road Race is taking place from 8.30am & will be coming down the A1198 to the Arrington roundabout & turning left towards Wimpole
    Hardriders will be coming up the A1198 & turning left at the Arrington roundabout.

The Ike Saul is meant to have accredited marshals & they have authority to stop the traffic, according to the risk assessment there will be two AM's on the roundabout but they are on the Cambridge Road & Arrington Road parts of the junction & not Ermine Way...however please take care as you never know what the other traffic will do when they are stopped by the AM's.
  • I can now be there to help out. See you tomorrow. Richard.
  • Thanks very much we should now be fine with all the offers of help

Davidx2, Malcolm, Anita and Richard.

See you all bright and early and afterwards in the Tuns :-)
  • Thank you to CCA, James McK and especially all today's marshals for staging a great event.

I couldn't believe how cold I got riding to the start but once started and into (something resembling) a rhythm, the conditions just kept improving.

Some great photos there mattss. Did you save some for guest riders as I for one, would be very pleased to see how I look at this early point in the season?

Thanks again.

David #5
    Beds Road Race Team
  • No other pics, sorry. I was on a time limit.
  • Thanks James, David, Dave and all the other helpers and sign putter uppers/acquirers. Saved the day after the last minute cancellation of the Ike Saul, the other guys who came over to ride it were hugely appreciative of it. Nothing worse than getting all dressed up and having nowhere to go...

Huge ta to Andy for the coffee at the tuns. Massively appreciated.

Ended up doing a 70 mile ride with the TT in the middle so kinda like a bit of a slowish road race with coffee stops. My sort of race.
  • No worries mattss, thanks anyway.

BTW, does anyone have the results?
  • D'oh that explains it!

Will - I pootled over to Orwell to cheer on the riders in blue, only to find it deserted. What a shame ... mostly about the race, but I'd also been looking forward to a hot cuppa. Bit chilly for a recovery ride, this morning :o
  • thanks to all for making today happen.

I ripped my skinsuit just before the start so had to make a choice between 'racing' in thermal jacket or stripping back to my birthday suit; luckily for all it was as cold as it was!

cheers

Simon
  • edited March 2016
    What a great morning, we were very fortunate the fog dissipated as the sun came through just in time for a delayed 10:01 start.

The event definitely lived up to it's reputation with the cold remaining for most of the race. Thanks to Dave, Dave, Tina, Richard and Malcolm, couldn't have been much fun standing around in those conditions

Lots of sociable TT chat and some fantastic times. I shall be along with the full list shortly but suffice to say absolutely stunning rides from top 4. Jason 1:02:02, Will 1:02:37 (road bike!!), John Mitcalf 1:03:03 and Jackie 1:03:04 (awesome).
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks to all organisers/helpers for making this possible. Whilst driving over was fully expecting it to be called off but glad it wasn't.

Well sort of glad. TT not really my thing and 1hr15 on the drops has really done for my hamstrings/glutes. Sorry did not stay for the social but I just about got in the car. Noah not in great shape either as he remembered when rolling back to the car that he forgot to have breakfast!!!

Jackie pleased with her ride in prep for 2 upcoming RTTC races

Stuart
  • CCA Hardriders Full Results (1st lap times in bracket)

(16) 1. Jason Stuart 1:02:02 (32:32)
    (22) 2. Will Smith 1:02:37 (32:45)
    (21) 3. John Mitcalf 1:03:03 (33:11) - BRCC
    (11) 4. Jackie Field(W) 1:03:04 (33:23)
    (2) 5. Andy Skeen 1:03:53 (34:10)
    (10) 6. Mark Constable 1:04:04 (34:23)
    (25) 7. Jason Burrill 1:04:49 (34:25) - PCC
    (15) 8. Adam Challis 1:05:05 (34:30)
    (7) 9. Simon Rinaldo 1:05:18 (34:13) - SNCC
    (5) 10. David Cook 1:05:39 (34:36) - BRCC
    (19) 11. Martin Lawless 1:05:42 (34:25)
    (1) 12. James McKenzie 1:07:04 (35:05)
    (24) 13. Dan Crawley 1:07:19 (35:26) - BCH UKRT
    (6) 14. Simon Richardson 1:07:28 (35:26) - SNCC
    (4) 15. Steve Miles 1:09:05 (35:51)
    (20) 16. Stef Dixon 1:09:20 (36:37)
    (23) 17. James Sale 1:09:33 (37:26) - BCH UKRT
    (12) 18. James Davis 1:10:03 (36:28)
    (18) 19. Gareth Lewis(J) 1:11:36 (36:09)
    (8) 20. Emma Koppe(W) 1:12:28 (38:08)
    (9) 21. Noah/Stuart Field(2up TTT) 1:13:56 (38:40)
    (17) 22. Andrew Robertson 1:14:49 (39:20)
    (3) 23. Robert Bumstead 1:15:08 (38:53)
    (13) 24. James Dow 1:21:19 (42:08)
    (14) 25. Nigel Sanders 1:26:41 (42:43) - PTT
  • Thanks to all - timekeepers, pusher, marshals etc those that bought/built/put out the new signs - they looked great!
    Likewise riding over In very cold thick fog was convinced it would be cancelled - great decision to delay 30 mins, the sun came out just in time.
    Some great times, well done all.
  • Enjoyed that, some great riding & some good CCA banter on a concrete pad covered in dry cow poo!

Def the right decision by JMac to postpone for 30 mins, think it was just about hovering around freezing when we started. Two rides of the day for me today, the Jackie & Mc duel & Will's amazing ride on a standard road bike!!

Thanks also to DaveH for his maths at the finish, my head was so cold by the end think I had some sort of number brain freeze :)
  • Huge thanks to organisers, marshals and fellow riders. Great start to the season.
  • They don't call it the hardriders for nothing! I cycled to the start and arrived covered in frost at just 0.5deg. Soon discovered that hanging around the haystacks was the warmest place to be but as David said at least the cow poo was dry/ frozen!

Was a tough ride especially with the wind in the opposite direction to normal but I was happy with 2 mins slower than the interclub given the conditions.
    Thanks to everyone who helped out and stood around in the cold and to Andy for the tea/ coffee.

Looking forward to the TT season.