Welcome to the forum

Ride of the 3 Cafes 2016, CCA Spring Classic! Fri 18 Mar 8.30am

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Hi all

The Spring Classics season has kicked off! Not long now for CCA's first one: Fri 18th March. 8am for coffee at the Three Tuns, Ashwell. Setting off at 8.30am. All inclusive pace.

I think we can get away with one group.

To make life easier at Maglia Rosso, it is best we pre-order lunch. I will happily get in touch at the end of this week and let them know.

So please have a look at the menu below and whisper me - Martin L - your choices in this discussion thread here.

null

Martin L
    Pete W
    Dom B
    JeremyP
    Nige
    MC
    Tim D
    Simon R
    Steve J
    Steve F
    Vince
    Martin W
    David N
    Matt S
    Richard P
    Stef D

Badges for every finisher. Am working on a commemorative t-shirt option for all riders too.
  • edited March 2016
    Ride of the 3 Cafes Classic! Next Friday. 8am coffee. 8.30am setting off.

I'll give the Maglia Rosso a call later with our lunch orders. Jump in if you haven't already whispered me an order.

And - of course - there's no limit or cut off on this ride. Fancy it? Just turn up and ride.

Weather forecast... quite excited about the predicted Easterly. Poifect. Warm enough too. Dry. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Finally... LIGHTS. Good ones. Sunset is still pretty early at 6.10pm.

Finally. Finally. I'll hang around the Tuns for a drink afterwards if anyone fancies it.

Martin L
    Pete W
    Dom B
    JeremyP
    Nige
    MC
    Tim D
    Simon R
    Steve J
    Steve F
    Vince
    Martin W
    David N
    Matt S
    Richard P
    Stef D
    Robbie
    Adam C

Garmin file available here I think;
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1081496770
  • See you Friday morning!!!
  • edited March 2016
    Nice one Phil.

All...

Any more last minute menu orders? Whisper me from the menu above. I'll update the Maglia Rosso.

Wrap up. It could be a bit parky.

We are approaching the point of splitting into two groups. But let's see turnout on the day.

Garmin file available here I think;
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1081496770

Martin L
    Pete W
    Dom B
    JeremyP
    Nige
    MC
    Tim D
    Simon R
    Steve J
    Steve F
    Vince
    Martin W
    David N
    Matt S
    Richard P
    Stef D
    Robbie
    Adam C
    Phil K
  • Hi All

I am going to recce the route tomorrow and find shot points along the way for filming off the ground, out of the back of my Land Rover (having the rear door removed to film out of the back) and from the drone. I will not start at the Tuns but get up the road to the first filming point.

So if you see me on the side of the road please just ignore the camera if you can, same goes for the drone. I need to get "group" road footage and also more off bike footage in any of the cafes en route.

For those of you who have seen me filming the club over the past ten months and were not at the annual dinner the other week here is a link to RAW out of camera, unedited, ungraded, no sound etc etc footage:

https://vimeo.com/156965858
    Password: CFSACC

I will continue to film the club into the summer and have various shots needed, as well as voice interviews etc that I will post here in the coming days.
  • Gutted I'm going to be missing this, working on Friday. Hope it goes well!
  • edited March 2016
    Riders... I'll be taking orders at our lunch stop in Maglia Rosso for the special edition t-shirt. Screenprinted on proper cotton t-shirt. I reckon it will be £15 or so. It depends on how many order one.

They'll take about a week to get done. I can hand out at Club night - or whenever.

Maglia Rosso are delighted we are coming and have got the pans on.
  • Love that Martin, put me on the list for one.
  • Yes please. Put me down for one.
  • Gutted not to catch up MC, another time mate, Martin, love that t-shirt..... ;-) very well done !! Can't wait for Friday, looking forward to it...
  • Room for another one? Finally got a day pass from Mrs M. Martin I guess I am too late for the lunch ore order?
  • We are going to Cambridge for the cycling talk later on Friday and so can't do all day. However we have booked he day off work and so put me and David down for 1 cafe - we will join you to the blue egg and then make our own way back from there. Looking forward to it.
  • Great stuff. We are definitely two groups at the mo. 1km apart. Easier from blue egg but let's see how it goes.

Simon: send on your menu choice.

Let's keep the blue egg stop brisk. Meanwhile I've asked Bicicletta to prep for us in advance for a quick turnaround.

Martin L
    Pete W
    Dom B
    JeremyP
    Nige
    Tim D
    Simon R
    Steve J
    Steve F
    Vince
    Martin W
    David N
    Matt S
    Richard P
    Stef D
    Robbie
    Adam C
    Phil K
    Simon M
    Emma
    David J
  • Looking doubtful for me the way I'm feeling at the minute. I will confirm either way tomorrow.
  • Any riders happy to have a Go Pro running off either the saddle post or handlebars - probably the former - either from the Blue Egg onward or from the Maglia Rosso? Tim is a taker so I am looking for two others ideally?
  • Go pro carriers will be easy to sort out on the day. Happy to oblige if the bike has a space for it. Best bike so may have limited fixing points
    the tshirt is a triumph. All symbols received loud and clear.

Looking forward to a free sportive. Quite concerned about the distance. But live in hope.
  • Likewise, concerned about the distance. Looks very cold and murky in the morning and a bit dark all day. Im thinking winter bike....and winter gloves!
  • Gutted, gonna have to bail out. Not worth the risk of making myself even worse.

Have a great ride everyone. I'm sure it'll be a hoot.
  • Matt, get well soon. Best not risk it if under the weather.
    Tim, this is going to be memorable so has to be best bike ever regardless of the gloomy weather.
    looking forward to a day out of the office and on the road.
    Faffing with the kit. See you all for coffee at 8am and depart at by 8.30am.
  • Martin,
    Put me down for a t shirt please. A medium if they are sized!
    Looking forward to tropical weather and sunshine.....or was that Italy I was looking at????
  • edited March 2016
    good luck all - Have a good one - envious
  • The lure of Blue Egg sausage rolls has got too much for me - I'll be on for at least one cafe, should hop on around Anstey - see you in a bit...
  • Thanks guys for a great day.

Makes an old bloke very happy and very KNACKERED!
  • Thanks Martin for organising another great day out on the bike.
    Some serious miles in the legs today.
    Hope everyone has a great season.
    JP
  • Martin, as above, another great day out, route, company, stops etc.... All fantastic. I hope all got back safe, A Very Good Job !!
  • Indeed a great day out. Many thanks to Martin for organising this; much more than posting the route.

Very nice to meet and ride with club members I've not met before.