Welcome to the forum

Yorkshire Dales Club Weekends

2»

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Hi Geoff - been talking to a few of the guys.
    They're trying to juggle work and family commitments to free up time for next weekend.
    Should know more tomorrow.
    Just wanted to let you know.
  • Looking at getting up there later on Friday afternoon all being well. Will post Monday to confirm.
  • All fine Robbie. If people can give me the heads up on numbers and when I will sort rides etc.
  • Geoff - think it will just be me and Robbie.
    If it works out I still plan to get up for a ride on Friday.
    Decide on Monday.
  • Just juggling diaries... if weather is not going to try and kill me like my last visit and my usual room is available Geoff? :-)... cd well be up for some pain...
  • Good lad Skelders! Nat are you up too?
  • We're up this weekend Geoff - going to see a show in Bishop Auckland Saturday night but around for a few days after too-going to try and get Archie on Manchester one of the days
  • see you sometime after Sunday probably Sallie.......Your room is ready for you Tim. Anything else :-) weather is fine at present so hope it holds.
  • Robbie, are you wanting to do a short ride on Friday, weather permitting.
  • I won't be up till the afternoon... eye on the weather yes.
  • edited September 2016

Hope all is good up North.
  • Agree eye on weather.
    Forecast looking like heavy rain overnight on Friday and heavy showers Saturday.
  • Chaps we'll go up another weekend.
  • edited September 2016
    Edit sorry please ignore. Phew. Thought I'd lost a jacket - could not afford to have gone and done that!
  • Good you are sorted nat. Looking good for an Indian summer. I might be down this weekend and manage a ride. Maybe chat and see you up here late September early October weather permitting.
  • Enjoyed my ride out to Wells Cathedral with the Ashwell/Kings Lynn riders. Had to get back. Dropped in to watch grass track at Small Gains the next day and then back up North.
    The following weekend I managed an 80 mile "flat" ride and could only do 15's on my own. Was a glorious day. This Sunday went out for a slightly harder 80 mile ride and averaged around 14mph. The weather is looking good this week so hopefully another ride or two but having to get on with farm building re-roofing so I'll see how it goes.

Check the weather forecast for DL12 and if you are able to get up there is still some good cycling this year.

Have fun at St.Helena's CCA cyclo cross next weekend
  • with the Pyrenees trip posted for next September you might want to start thinking about long climb training. I am planning to ride as much as possible through the winter but start serious training for long steep climbs from April. Anyone interested in riding up here is welcome. If you plan a 3 day block once a month say for the middle of the month now I can plan the routes to match building to challenge you near the end.
    Over to you Mark.