Welcome to the forum

CC Ashwell Cyclocross - Sunday 9th October

CC Ashwell promotes the 7th round of the 2016 Eastern Cyclocross League on October 9th at Princess Helena College in Preston (near Hitchin). Last year’s event was an extremely popular and a delightful occassion, see the reports and photos: http://www.ccaforum.co.uk/discussion/comment/42049/#Comment_42049

Such an event is very labour intensive, but well worth it. I invite you all to volunteer, there are many opportunities:
marshals
course builders
car park attendants
sign on
judging team
cake bakers

Please let me know how you would like to help on this forum post or by email: daniel(a)ccashwell.com

Thank you

Comments

• Daniel, Alfie and i will be available to help course build on the 2nd. We are both going to ride the MSG one the day before and dont think im up for a double header just yet! (by the way does anyone know why the MSG event is a category A? )

We will also be there all day on the 9th for whatever duties (both hoping to ride if poss. though)
  • Not sure why it is A cat. Might have something to do with the venue? Also they have just announced the MTB event that push sport were running over the same weekend has been cancelled.
  • Put me down for the day

N
  • edited September 2016
    I'm riding the 50+ race but happy to help out around that.
    My partner happy to help too so assume JeremyP+1.
    JP
  • I can do sign on again this year - Archie would also like to help.
  • You can put me down for whatever needs doing on the day.
  • The course through the woods can probably be set up early but most of the course will have to be set up late Saturday afternoon as the school has an open day on the Saturday 1330 - 1600. Feel free to go along with your daughters!

The Lewis family can help but Phoebe won't be around as much to help Daisy this year. Sorry Daniel.

I am sure we can have a working group the weekend before to do the strimming through the woods and marking up with paint.
  • Please put Lil and I down for whatever is needed except cake baking!
  • Happy to help on Sunday and Saturday as required.

Judith is happy to help with signing-on

Will be riding the grown-ups race so will need to work around that
  • Dave and I can help on the day - happy to do whatever is needed. I'll bring a cake too.
  • I don't mind helping out course build
  • Erin will bake a cake.
  • CAKE!? Belgium Beers, Burgers and Frites Oh and waffles would be great;-)
  • Nathan and I are able to help on the Sunday (excl the Youth race) and day before if needed.
    Neil
  • Me and the kids can help out on the sunday Daniel. Archie will prob ride the youth race.
    iain
  • Thank you for your offers of help - much appreciated.

We visited the site today to plan the course. We have made minor changes mainly due to the famers field becoming 'infested' with huge flints and we have moved the pits. Looking good!

We will need committed volunteers to set the course on Saturday October 8th (16:00) and also the morning of Sunday 9th. So if you haven't already done so, please let me know if you can help.

Still plenty of other slots to fill like catering and judging; don't be shy!

All the best

Daniel
  • I can come over on the Sat afternoon

Shelton
  • I can come down Saturday. Have a petrol mower and strimmer I can bring if needed if there's any tidying up to be done.
  • Thanks guys, no need for mowers and machinery; everything was very easy. Se you Saturday afternoon.
  • We will have 8 marshal points on the day. The plan allows those that want to race or watch to do so and nobody marshals all day.

Can the following people be available from 9.00:
    Tim D
    Dan H
    Travis P
    Jenny
    Andrew R
    Dave H (I have the car park in mind for you!)
    Adam C

Can the following be available from 11am
    Emma P
    Adam S

Can the following be available from 12
    Iain F
    Shelton P

Can the following be available from 1.30pm
    Neil H
    Nathaniel R
    Jackie F
    Jeremy P

we have a few reserves so if anyone has a problem with these times let me know and we can sort it out.

Meet at HQ when you arrive or ask for me at the start line.

Pete
  • Hi Pete,

Dave W is also able to help out, so one more for the list. Is there any chance Dave and I could do a later slot? We could make it there for 11am, if anyone else fancies swapping?

Jenny
  • A note for those on car parking duty: cars are to be parked facing downhill. It's the reversing that churns up the grass so the school have again requested that cars can simply pull forwards to leave their alloted parking space on the lawn at the front of the school.
  • Good point Claire. The other thing is if you do get stuck wait for Dave's truck to pull you out rather than create a rut with spinning wheels. Hopefully it will stay dry and be firm ground!
  • Yes you know all about getting stuck (Ipswich) dont you Daniel son! I bet John hasn't forgot
  • Following various comments there are some amendments to the marshal plan:

We now have sufficient marshals for the race but no reserves so if anyone else is available let me know. I will be at HQ and will have a radio on the day.

All time below are race start times so please be there early enough to get in position before the race starts. All marshals will have two way radio's which you can collect from HQ on arrival.

Updated arrival times are:

Can the following people be available from 9.00:
    Tim D
    Stuart and Noah Field
    Travis and Emma P
    Andrew R
    Adam C

Can the following be available from 11am
    Emma P
    Adam S
    Dan H
    Nathaniel R
    Dave W

Can the following be available from 12
    Iain F
    Jenny

Can the following be available from 1.30pm
    Neil H
    Jackie F
    Jeremy P

Sign on is being managed by Claire Hadsley and Judith Candy but more helpers are welcome here and with catering.
  • Hi Pete did you mean 10.00 for the first race? Was hoping to get a sighting lap in at 9.00
  • Stuart

I did mean 9 as I want people briefed and in place for the practice period but I can work with you to let you get your sighting laps in.

Pete
  • Just to confirm, sign on opens at 09:00

Please check The Forum on Saturday evening for last minute announcements.

Thanks everyone.