Welcome to the forum

Cyclocross club championship

2»

Comments

• Organiser has confirmed that I'll now be in the seniors race. :)
  • I'll think about it. Just to get you excited. THE BRIDGE!!!

• Bridge looks awesome, but sadly dont think i can ride that weekend :(
  • edited November 2017
    Just entered the senior bridge race. Elf jacket and socks purchased. Not a good look!
    @dhadsley . Are we going to get our own start in this race?
  • No, we'll just start at the back. None of us would have any qualifying points for gridding anyway.
  • Only 12 days to Crossmas.
  • "Santa Clause is coming to town"
  • edited December 2017
    Entries close tomorrow at midnight. Foulksy are you in? MartinL, Martin H, Vince? Any others?

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/166324/Lovelo-Crossmas/Central-Cyclo-Cross-League-Round-13
  • Fields are in for club champs but not a whole load of others when we looked. I might even podium at this rate.
  • Ha just spotted this! Second claims allowed?
  • Stuart - Entry for the club champs on the 23rd doesn't close for another week, Dan's talking about the warm up race at Berko on the weekend.

John - Don't know if 2nd claims allowed to win the trophy but you're welcome to come and race. We get our own start at the back of the senior's race and it's a great laugh. It's that Corby course where you ripped a mech a couple of years ago, I'm sure you said never again! It would be great to catch up, or come to Berkhampsted on this Sunday, really good course last year.
  • I'll prob do the eastern league this weekend - unlikely to be able to do many more and would be good to get the full 10 this year!
  • Dave - thanks for invite. I was just being a tease TBH as not only have I not raced cross at all this season, I am currently sporting a rather fetching cast on my right arm. Glad to see the tradition of club champs alive and well, best of luck to all!
  • How did you manage that?
  • A bit of a spill at Newport velodrome. A cherry on the cake that this year has been :-)

Bring on 2018!
  • Disappointed. Surely the cherry on the cake of this year was bumping into us atop a French mountain?
  • Ah yes, that was amazing! What a great day that was. That was at the opposite end of the spectrum.
  • Entry closes at midnight tonight. EOL is an option but it makes it harder getting you on to the timing system for our race.

I take it these are the championships for all other categories too, youth, juniors and women?
  • That was our understanding
  • Good luck to those racing today. Gutted I can’t make it.
  • Congratulations to everyone that took part in the race yesterday. The course was much nicer than last year in that it was reasonably dry though still with some tricky bits. Was great fun watching the seniors race and except for Travis who had a blinding ride and was way ahead there was quite a bit of competition between the others. Great opportunity to watch Liam Killeen whizz round knocking the rounds out in 4+ minutes - shows the calibre of the competition. Well done to Travis on a spectacular win, to Dave for coming 2nd (1st of the oldies) and Pete in 3rd. Noah and I were fortunate enough to win our Championship categories as the only CCA riders( with no other contenders it made for quite a relaxed event). Harley won the U16 Girls and Sam the U16 boys but not sure of any other junior results. Good turn out so close to Christmas :-)
    Happy Xmas all
    Jackie
  • Great stuff, well done all the winners and really gutted that i couldnt make it.
  • That's very cool, well done all.
  • edited December 2017
    Pics from the senior race

Before (awful start by me)

After