Welcome to the forum

CC Ashwell 3 Cafes Classic, Friday 16 March 2018

Comments

• You need to be up here to fully appreciate the beast from the east
  • Pleased you are coming Phil.I am sure there will be a spread of pace and their will be others sharing your trajectory.
  • Hi Mr D, I shall be leading from the front punching a mighty hole into the air for everyone else to comfortably ride in....haha. I even took a photo of my Chris Carmichael training sheet to upload here; unfortunately, I don't know how.....see you on the 16th.

• room for 1 more...
    I have added to the list for Maglia Rosso

Martin L
    JMac
    Dom B
    Geoff
    Vince
    Simon R
    Matt S
    Bert B
    Nat
    Jess
    VCC Keith
    Phil A
    Daniel D
    Andy R
    Neil R
    MC
    Stef
    Toma
    Steve J
    Taff
    Martin H
    Richard P
  • May I suggest for those more difficult moments on the ride (of which I'm certain there will be plenty), this could be the motivational chant required to muster those final reserves of energy just before the next cafe stop. I guess it's just the ol' coach in me coming out......

"Allez Allez
    Trois Cafes........"
  • good that you are back in the mix Phil. Hope to see you next Friday.
  • I wouldn't quite go so far as to say that - early days. If you make it Geoff, it would be great to see you........
  • I have lost a lot of form since the crash and insufficient miles in the legs due to the weather but I am keen to see how it goes. Probably hanging off the back but we'll see.
  • geoffg I well be your wing man for the day ,
    we stick together make the finish ???
    rob
  • cheers Rob....deal
  • A class "A" Garmin user wally right here! This morning I uploaded the cafe ride onto my Garmin device, only for it to register on Strava that I'd actually ridden it. I should like to stress for those that may have seen this i.e. PG, I HAVE NOT RIDDEN IT. So embarrassing, this tech is killing me, what ever happened to the good old fashioned speedo! Cheers.
  • haha Phil. I use those map things and try to memorize the route. Lets me enjoy the scenery rather than look at the computer. Still use the old speedo. I plot routes on plotaroute or mapmyride and in the process most of the route sticks in my head. By manually transferring the route onto your own routes you learn it. Just transferring it to your garmin doesn't help youthat way.
  • Hi 3 Cafes riders...

This Club Classic is this Friday 16th March.

Lunch
    I've sent the menu choices off to Maglia Rosso. If you want to join the ride and have not put down a menu choice, either order on the day, or eat a massive scrambled egg on toast at the Blue Egg!

Caffeine
    Good news! The Three Tuns pub will open for coffee (warmth, loo facilities) for us at 8am. This is a kind offer - so please buy a coffee as a thank you. Support the Ashwell businesses.

Grime
    The long range forecast is warm but maybe wet. Prep your bike, wear the right clobber, mudguards not a bad idea.

Three Tuns Pub opens for us at 8am. We ride at 8.30am. Allez allez trois cafes!

Cheers

Martin 07977 652 247
  • If you get a bit low grinding the gears on this epic ride, just remember this badge awaits every finisher...

• CCA arm and leg warmers in stock. Contact me for special 3 cafe ride pricing.
  • Loving the badge, just hope I'm a finisher!
  • I'd like to join the ride as well, if it's not too late.
    Tim A
  • edited March 2018
    Good to have you with us Tim. If you want: call or email the Maglia Rosso and add your lunch order to ours. Or just order something when we get there.

See you all around 8am for coffee in the Three Tuns. Bring a few quid for that. We set off promptly at 8.30am.

Martin L
    JMac
    Dom B
    Geoff
    Vince
    Simon R
    Matt S
    Bert B
    Nat
    Jess
    VCC Keith
    Phil A
    Daniel D
    Andy R
    Neil R
    MC
    Stef
    Toma
    Steve J
    Taff
    Martin H
    Richard P
    Tim A

Badge concept ™ Phil Adams 2018
  • Bring lights!
  • edited March 2018
    Sorry Martin, won't be there now :cry: no salad and coffee required!

Martin L
    JMac
    Dom B
    Geoff
    Vince
    Simon R
    Bert B
    Nat
    Jess
    VCC Keith
    Phil A
    Daniel D
    Andy R
    Neil R
    MC
    Stef
    Toma
    Steve J
    Taff
    Martin H
    Richard P
    Tim A
  • It is all my own fault but I am now overcommitted and so cannot come on this ride. Sad not to be coming. Best wishes to those riding. Daniel
  • was looking forward to a chat Daniel....sorry to miss you
  • Never mind Matt, Dan, MC... The G-Ride is the next CCA Classic to aim for: Sunday 29th April.

I'll see everyone else in the Three Tuns for coffee at around 8am. Bring a few pounds for that. We set off at 8.30am.

Looks like it will be wet at times. Quite warm. And a handy tailwind return journey.

• We can probably go as one group now? People can sit in and be pulled along
  • Martin et al - I'm still a bit hobbled from a misguided attempt to break into a trot earlier in the week so am doubtful for tomorrow.........but will be there if I think I'm not going to do myself too much damage or get in the way

If I don't make it, have a good ride everyone

Simon
  • I will gladly sit in and be pulled along. I need to draft as much as is humanly possible on this one. I can here those CCA cries already..."no change there then" ha ha.....
  • it's official. I love you all.
    See you tomorrow. if I hug you it is because of this.
    love the banter. The bravado and the ideas.
    The reality is we are going to die a thousand deaths but survive to the end.
    Vive La biciclette.
    Vive La'shwell
  • geoff. Be warned. I am out on The Nemesis again. Please don't mention it. Just in-case. And especially not on corners.
  • @Vincent are you drunk the night before a big ride?