Welcome to the forum

Chain gang, Tuesday 24 April 2018.

Hi all

I'm going to keep an eye on the weather forecast for this week's chaingang. If it's a little drizzle - no problem. Heavy rain: no.

I'll post my view of things tomorrow afternoon when the forecast more certain.

Reminder:
7.30pm riders leave The Three Tuns, Ashwell.
7.35pm approx people at Steeple Morden church/pub will meet up with the others to begin the 2 laps.

With a good crowd, I think we could muster two groups: one around 20-21mph, and another one that's anything faster. Let's see how the summer goes.

I hope to see you out and about.

Comments

• Thanks Martin. Adam & I plan to be there this evening (depending on weather).
  • It looks like the forecast is now pretty good: so I'll be at Steeple Morden, 7.35pm and up for 2 laps with my lights on. I hope to see you there.

By the way, since the BBC has migrated its weather forecasting to MeteoGroup, I've been checking out the Met Office's web and app directly, for my weather forecasts. I think it's more accurate.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcrbkcj03#?date=2018-04-24

• My rain radar go to site concurs that we should get away with it watching the animation.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar
  • Hoping to be there tooooo hopefully a chilled one though haha
  • Roads virtually dry on the circuit. I'm not riding but that's because I am eating a burger. Sorry.
  • Loads out this evening. Great to see more youth gears being turned this week: with Adam L and Sam D joining in the fun. Sam managed a good 2/3 of a lap: never sitting out a turn on the front. When he decided to drop back we were a whopping 24mph+ on the speedo. Great stuff.

The girls were back this week and did well. Sophie I think almost making the two full laps.

On the final bit of the final lap, the rain began to fall and it brought an almighty headwind. Good training though.

In the end, it was the Nat and Adam L show to the line. Both wondering where everyone else was. Impressive.

The worst of the holes in the run up to the hill at North Brook End have been patched up. But there are still plenty o' potholes all over the loop.

I'm confident it could be worked out so that those that fall back could create a second chain. Or: there are simply 2 chains from the off if the turn out remains good for the summer.

Lap 1: 22.7mph
    Lap 2: 23.4mph

We thought we heard a rumble of thunder as we finished. Turns out it was Vince's indigestion. Eating is no excuse Vincenzo.