Welcome to the forum

*ENTRIES CLOSE THURS 20th June* InterClub 30 - 23rd June 2019 - First rider 09.01 a.m.

edited June 2019 in Time Trial
Hi Folks,

After a great start to our 2019 Inter Club series campaign, entries have already opened for the second IC event of the year, which is the Hitchin Nomads'-organised 30 miler on the 1U/30. The event HQ is at Old Warden Village Hall with the first starter at 09.01 a.m., so I am assuming sign-on is from 08.00 a.m. Old Warden can be found using the link here to Google Maps.

HNCC is using Bedford Road's Book-a-Ride system that we used for Bedford Road's own IC15. The link to that is here https://bedsroad.org/enter_spoco.php

The course is a little tricky so warrants a recce. The route can be seen in animated stylee in the following link. https://plotaroute.com/route/76637

There are a number out there who are contemplating the event. Don't be put off if you've not ridden anything longer than a 10. We have a Whats App group to co-ordinate and encourage Inter Club riders where we've begun to share a few thoughts on pacing and strategy for the longer ride. So if you're not already in the Whats App group and want to join, please let me know.

As a taster of what we've been discussing, top TT guy Chris P suggests: "Go hard up all the climbs but not so much that then have to back off and can't get back up to speed, the first lap is the quickest as you have the fast bit through Shefford...so don't get too excited early on. Pick your lines and its much smoother than the rutted bits. It's a really fun course!". Also, you can probably gauge the sort of time you're aiming at from the results of some of our regular testers' times. So, in 2018, Chris P did a 1:10; Mr. Stuart a 1:11; and Mr. Miles and Mr. Bumstead both did 1:23s.

For now, we have the following names who have expressed an interest in riding. Please let me know if you want to ride so I can leave off badgering you!
B. Ronayne
W. Smith
J. McKensie
G. Askew
E. Koppe
A. McLeish
T. Allen
R. Bumstead
J. Stuart

Comments

• Was going to ride as never done a 30 but it's Royston in Blue with the kids.
  • Am entered now, anyone else joining? Any chance of an updated rider list?
  • edited June 2019
    The following are currently showing on the BRRC start list as having signed up:
    B. Ronayne
    R. Wright
    W. Smith
    R. Bumstead
    G. Askew
    J. Stuart
    C. Luggeri
    I understand that Mr. McLeish has just signed up so I assume that the system is updating. Which leaves the following who expressed an interest:
    J. McKensie
    E. Koppe
    T. Allen
    Please can you confirm your availability asap. Emma, I'd really encourage you in particular to ride please. I have one other also interested too, but TBC.

BRCC are out in force (22 riders currently). Icknield has 14, Hitchin currently 5, St. Neots 3. The more numbers we can get out, the better as we get points and it takes points off our competitors too.

Although this hasn't been confirmed, I calculate that the standings after the IC15 are as follows (TBC):
    CCA 338
    HNCC 238
    BRCC 233
    SNCC 231
    IRC 160
    So while things may look quite rosey now, BRCC are a very good TT outfit and there are 4 races to go. All could change very rapidly. PLEASE consider riding. Thanks.
  • I have already signed up a few days ago...
  • Entries close on Thursday 20th June. So if you’re planning on riding, don’t delay, please sign up.
  • OK, so the team so far is:
    B. Ronayne
    R. Wright
    W. Smith
    R. Bumstead
    G. Askew
    J. Stuart
    C. Luggeri
    A. McLeish
    T. Allen
    M. Lawless
    No Ladies? :-)

• Thanks to our two new team members!
    B. Ronayne
    R. Wright
    W. Smith
    R. Bumstead
    G. Askew
    J. Stuart
    C. Luggeri
    A. McLeish
    T. Allen
    M. Lawless
    J. McKensie
    S. Miles
  • I've stuck my name down, will come and ride road bike around, might not be able to hold an aggressive position or climb out of saddle, but will be nice to put on my CCASHWELL kit!!
  • That’s great Mitchy! Thanks. We don’t want to set back your convalescing but much appreciated if you turn out. Cheers.
  • edited June 2019
    Team update:

B. Ronayne
    R. Wright
    W. Smith
    R. Bumstead
    G. Askew
    J. Stuart
    C. Luggeri
    A. McLeish
    T. Allen
    M. Lawless
    J. McKensie*
    S. Miles
    D. Mitchinson
  • i've entered....on the off-chance that i can make it...
  • Thanks Phil, Fingers crossed! :-)
  • edited June 2019
    B. Ronayne
    R. Wright
    W. Smith
    R. Bumstead
    G. Askew
    J. Stuart
    C. Luggeri
    A. McLeish
    T. Allen
    M. Lawless
    J. McKensie*
    S. Miles
    D. Mitchinson
    E. Koppe
    Y. Chitu
    P. Keen*
  • So our team is assembled and what a fantastic blend of talent, form and experience is represented here. Wish them all luck: a 30 mile test on an undulating course is a challenge in itself, but here spiced with the competition of going up against the best testers in the local area. Think of them on Sunday morning or take time out from your Sunday ride to come over to the course and cheer on our Team (details of the course above)!