Welcome to the forum

Sun virtual club run

Are there any plans for a virtual club run tomorrow?

Comments

• Tour of Watopia Stage 1 group ride... 53k @ 9am? Or can set up a CCA meetup?..
  • Sounds good to me Matt
  • edited March 2020
    I've entered ToW at 9am. Cat A for longer ride.

If there is a few of us, let's hang back at the start and try to ride together.
  • See you there Matt
  • edited March 2020
    Dan, Nick and me on the 9am Tour of Watopia ride.... Hanging back and riding out of the bunch really works for club riders in a big event. Dan and I managed all 50+ km riding together with a 700+W sprint finish...
  • I'm sure Dan has more grey hair than this...

• Great riding! Nomads had a group of 12 out on a group ride this morning on the Richmond UCI Worlds Course for 1hour with the option of going on as a free ride. It was spiced up by some of our faster riders sprinting for the KOMs - which helpfully dragged us all on. It worked well. Hopefully a few of us will be doing the BC Race on Tues & The TT on Thurs. Although I do have some unfinished business with a certain German rider in the Masters on Tuesday...... hmm decisions.
  • I'm gonna enter Haute Route Stage 3.. 73km... 1300m climbing... 8am
  • MC... There is a number of us doing the BC Race series on Tuesday... You can always run a group ride as well?...
  • Going to ride the 9am Trek Segafedo ride on Sunday (and bag a new Madone in the process!). Thinking about a CCA group ride on Monday too... Maybe 1hr or 1:30
  • Signed up for the 100k sportive at 9. Not sure if I'll do it all, will do 2 hrs at least.
  • Zwift double header - I'm in
  • Dave Hadsley, Dan, MC and myself in the 100k sportive this morning. Took us a while to group but once realised MC was on a TT bike and couldn't draft, we were ok. Chatting on Discord makes it really engaging and the time absolutely flies, the first 45mins went by in a blink. Dave left us after an hour. MC and Dan rode with me for 2 hours (70km) where we had clawed ourselves up to 245th from dropping back to 480th to collect MC. I carried on til the bitter end and picked up a few quicker groups to take me to 172nd at 100km.

A fun club ride given the circumstances.
  • Good effort Matt, you flew through that last 20miles
  • Good effort Matt. My first virtual club run and with the Discord app it is really engaging. Great that you can jump in and leave whenever you want.
  • Hot cross buns MC
  • I have sent out an invite for a Virtual Club Run, 9:05 Sunday. 70km course, Watopia Foot Hills, not too much climbing.

Let's try a proper club run, no elastic band, all inclusive club run pace. Those stronger can drop back to help any that fall off. Many of us have successfully kept together over a couple of hours before, much easier with discord chat also. Download the app and plug your headphones in... Link here...https://discord.gg/XTn8hJM
  • 6 out (or in) this morning, Steve M, Richard P, Dan H, Dave H, MC and myself. Some technical difficulties with Dave's laptop meant we didn't ride off together at the start so immediately split, with Steve and Richard ahead, and 4 behind... One of the benefits of tuning into discord meant we could communicate quicker to the group.

Either way, a great ride with some very amusing chat... Never to mentioned in the real world!!!

70k, 2:15 ish.
  • Thanks Matt, really enjoyed that.
  • Thanks Matt, loved the chat. Just been for a long walk so pretty tired now.
  • Thanks Matt, sorry for missing the team. Still not sure how this works, lol, eg smashed my pb up the volcano in half, by 5mins!!! Went up it at 23mph. Obviously something to do with me being towed by Richard, but i wasnt having a good ride.
  • Yes we saw Steve!!! We were quite amusesd by your climb times! Not sure what happened there... Something to do with the elastic band
  • Invite sent. 2 hour ride / 40 miles, 9:05 Sunday. All welcome. Elastic Band on, ride at your pace.

Download discord app and join the chat https://discord.gg/XTn8hJM

If I don't show, you should be able to ride ok without me.
  • I'm in Matt, for those that haven't done it yet get Discord on your phone and a set of headphones ready for the ride tomorrow
  • Thanks Matt, really good fun again. Time flies with all the chatting on Discord. Today's topics ranged from competitive turnip eating to some dubious internet purchases from China.
  • Another slick group ride; MC, Dan, Dave W, Dave H, Rich P, Steve M and myself. All but Steve on discord which made for some really good chat. Good to be back cycling after 5 days fighting some sort of fever.

2:15 of riding seems plenty to feel like a proper exercise on Zwift where you don't stop.

The elastic band did its job well, Dave W pulling us all along nicely at the end as I eased right back.

Thanks all
  • Thanks Matt and everyone else. Enjoyed my longest ever turbo ride. I had downloaded the discord app but was a bit late setting up this morning. I will hopefully sort it out next week. The elastic band is great for bombing back to the front lol.