Jason
    Stef
    Paul B
    Phil K
    Daniel D
    Chris L
    Paul H

• edited August 2022
    See you Friday at Rhubarb & Mustard for coffee, from about 8am.

We roll at 8.30am, in two groups, a couple of minutes apart. We can be a single group after Ely.

Any more last-minute joiners? Let me know.

Looking forward to it!

Here's the full route:
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28509468

Mark W
    Martin L
    Martin H
    Robert B
    Toma
    Dan H
    Stiggers
    MC
    Nat
    Graham A
    Alistair
    Ade
    Paul S
    Matt Palmer
    Steve D
    Jason
    Stef
    Paul B
    Phil K
    Daniel D
    Chris L
    Paul H
    Alex (Martin L's friend)
  • I'll be out :+1: Hopefully my tyres will make it this year
  • Count me in as well please!
  • edited September 2022
    Good point on tyres, Louie... All: make sure your tyres are in good condition. We will often be far from any bike shop.

Mark W
    Martin L
    Martin H
    Robert B
    Toma
    Dan H
    Stiggers
    MC
    Nat
    Graham A
    Alistair
    Ade
    Paul S
    Matt Palmer
    Steve D
    Jason
    Stef
    Paul B
    Phil K
    Daniel D
    Chris L
    Paul H
    Alex (Martin L's friend)
    Louie
    Tim A

Of course, anyone can just decide to join the ride on the day - no problem - see you then.
  • I'm going to have miss tomorrow now. Something urgent has come up at work that I cannot avoid. 😭. The good news is that headwind will make the whole day longer and therefore longer on the bike! Win win. Have fun and ride safely.
  • That's a shame Matt, but it's only a cross/ headwind for the first 100 miles, so free wheeling all the way from Wells to King's Lynn !

REMINDER - BIKE LOCK

I'm going to bring a small lock with me for the West Acre stop, but it would handy if we have a few more, just as a visual deterrent.

See you in the morning....weathers looking great this year.
  • Afraid I'm going to have to bail as well. I've come down with something, that has similar symptoms to when I had covid earlier in the year.

Have a great ride all, im gutted to be missing it :(
  • A mate who lives in Ely and rides a lot just warned me the Fens roads are in a dreadful state after hot dry summer. Some roads have about 1 foot subsidence at edges or in middle or so he says.
    He thought the north bit of 10 mile bank could be bad... seem to remember that road is a bit grippy at the best of times so could be worth a bit of caution.
    He may be overstating a bit.. all roads are pretty bad right now - but thought worth flagging.
    See you all tomorrow.
  • Have fun all. I'll sip a Holsten Pils tomorrow night in honor!
  • I'm on call in the morning, so if not at Ashwell at 8:30 please don't wait. I'll drive somewhere on route and join in (so long as haven't been up all night). Cheers Jason
  • The trains worked out well and I got home in no time. Having crashed through the door, obviously fatigued, I tried to explain my day to the family. After a while I remembered to show them the glorious badge, to which my daughter said something along the lines of:

“So you have hurt your legs to the extent you can barely walk and you are doubting if you will be able to tackle coming down stairs tomorrow. All this for a tiny metal badge; was it really worth it?”

Yes it was. I spent a glorious day with the club and rode an amazing route through beautiful countryside and delightful towns. Thank you to you all and especially Martin for organising such a great day - ‘buffetastic’. The badge is destined to become a cherished reminder of this.

I am hoping for a Saturday breakfast in bed…
  • What an awesome day out yesterday!

MartinL a big thanks for organising us all and sorting out the excellent buffets. I think I've already reached my sausage roll and scotch egg quota for September.
  • Thanks all! Another classic Classic to the seaside.

The Apple Cafe was a big success and I've told them we will be back.

I see Mark is closing in on his charity target. Help him raise funds to support the women's track cycling facility out in Ghana:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/markschallengeforvida?utm_id=1&utm_term=v3rNY52PZ

I think I went too early with the dates this year - apologies. I will say now for 2023 the date is Friday 8th September 2023 for the Wells Ride.

Note: I've earmarked the season-opening Spring 3-Cafes Classic ride to Maglia Rosa as Friday 17th March.

Cheers!

• Cheers Martin…a grand day out again. Good skills on the lunch stop = spot on!
  • Thanks Martin! Was a great ride :+1: