Welcome to the forum

CCA 3-Cafes Spring Classic, Friday 24 March 2023, 8.30am

2»

Comments

• @Martin L hi Martin, unfortunately with the new job I have a training session that I cannot move on Friday :-(
    So no riding for me…
    Let me know if I owe you any money for booked food.

mc
  • @Martin L If we can cancel my food order, then please do. Otherwise, please let me know who I can pay any money owed.
    Really don't want to miss this, but I'm afraid it is unavoidable.
  • This Friday 24th March, Spring begins with this Classic!

All welcome. Last-minute, on-the-day attendees welcome.

8am - Coffee and refreshments at Rhubarb & Mustard, Ashwell. Please support local businesses.

8.30am - Set-off

Cafe 1 - Blue Egg, Great Bardfield.

Cafe 2 - Lunch at Maglia Rosso

Cafe 3 - Costa in Saffron Walden's Market Square.

All in all, 118 very steady miles.
    Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31756457

Martin L
    Al
    Adam R (TBC)
    Robert B (TBC)
    Toma
    Mat P
    James D
    Jason
    Matt P (TBC)
    Jon S
    Daniel D
    Vincent P
  • Looking forward to tomorrow's ride
  • edited March 2023
    Hi gang

I'm just too poorly to ride: I'll see you for coffee, drop off the commemorative badges with someone, and possibly do a few miles with you before turning back. Boo! There are many other big rides ahead, and there's always the Wells Classic ride on 8th September.

Have a great Spring ride. Sonia at Maglia Rosso is looking forward to seeing you all.

• Unfortunately it’s a no go for me tomorrow. Bike issues which needs to be dealt with before I can go forth onto the road!
    Best wishes to all those riding and recovering one way or another
  • If anyone needs one I am now the proud owner of a Wolftooth rim dent remover tool and hoping I will only neee to use it once
  • I have some 650B rims, should you need them.
  • Good Ride

• Really enjoyable ride yesterday.
    Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for slowing down for me post lunch!
  • Really good ride and company and was very enjoyable, the weather held out and we only had a 10-15 minute period of rain. If only the wind has been similar, tail wind out and tough head wind back.

Got home just as it had gone dark, and my rear light had run out of battery! Clocked in at 214km/133 miles and 8.5 hours on the bike.
  • Great photos Toma!

Wow, that was a long day. Many thanks to those who helped me home, especially Jason and Vince.

A splendid route. I was struck by how many race circuits our wheels part rolled over; Debden, Barkway, Great Chishill and, maybe the one, (was it) Crest CC used to run. Given the current climate it felt like visiting the ghosts of a sporting past.

My Garmin recorded over 2000m of climbing!

All hail the Ryder Nutcracker.