Welcome to the forum

CCA interclub 25m TT, Sun 10th July

2»

Comments

• PARKING TOMORROW

Ive just got the keys for the village hall and apparently there is going to be a football match that we are going to overlap with and so it will be a bit busy. For anyone driving up there there is parking on the grass. If you drive right up to the hall there are some removable bollards (hopefully removed) allowing access to the Rec. Please park by the white grass roller.

Ta.
  • Thanks to all the riders and to all the volunteers - timing, pushing off, marshalling, catering. We put on a fine performance - and I had many compliments from the other clubs. And plenty o' cake!

Felt a bit hard going actually - bit muggy? Maybe I've been Marmotted.

Download the raw Excel spreadsheet results here.

I've quickly tried to edit everything here into something more legible with placings. Download the PDF here.

Forgive me if there are any errors - but I think it's OK?! Tim will check against his official timing sheet.

Anyway - one thing for sure - Carmelo is the fastest CCA rider and takes our Club 25TT gong, coming in a brilliant third overall. Well done Carmelo!
  • thank-you to all the pusher-offers, cake people, time keepers and marshals
  • Big thanks to all the marshals, the cake shop, starters and Martins fab projector. A good day and some great times. Not going to beat the Beds but well done to all the riders, much quicker than last year. Congrats to our new 25 champ. Carmelo.

I have a pair of cca armwarmers and a red and white uvex helmet left in the hall.

Martin, times look good to me. Ive sent Graham a copy too.

Cheers
    Tim.
  • Must say that was the slickest TT event ever. Everything was seemless. Well done everyone. Number 39 from Beds Rd was saying how brilliant it is now that CCA are involved. It's been going for over 30 years and to give it a boost of energy as he described is brilliant. Some great times for CCA as well.
  • edited July 2011
    Ditto all the thanks, we should all be pretty proud of that. well done Tim D for pulling it all together. I must admit, after the first event, hosted by the Icknield guys i think, I was a little concerned we would pull it off. Not only did we pull it off, (excuse the expression!) but I think we did a better job and even got the weather right too ;-) Slick indeed.

Congrats to Carmelo, a worthy champ!

A very happy, proud club member...

Skelders :-)

The wife doesn't like being referred to as Mrs Brompton ;-) so Skelders is back.... She did say that Mrs Madone was acceptable though???!!!

PS - Mrs M also added that she is happy to help out whenever, as long as the under 25 football team are at home again ;-)
  • As always a BIG Thank you to all helpers,organisers and riders too....As Robbie said,'very slick'!....All things considered I'm happy with today's outcome..even at my best I don't think I could of overhauled even the guy who came 2nd....there were some good rides in there from our club and a lot of improvements from last year....very proud to be part of CCA...WELL DONE ALL!
  • Anyway...to the serious competition.... for me its a close finish between the chocolate cake and the muffins. Think the muffins by a whisker. (missed the carrot cake :(
  • ditto a big thanks to every one involved.
    i only just beat my time from last year i found that very hard, i thought i would do better never mind may be next year.
    i found that very hard as tim said a different kind of pain even harder than the marmotte bring back the high alps.
    cheerys to all
    strappy.
  • Yeh, thanks to Tim and everyyone involved in putting on a great event, the chocolate cake made it all worthwhile. I know I don't operate at the same speed as all you young 'ens but I was delighted to take 4 minutes off my last years time. Whilst thanking all those involved I must mention the support out on the course, great to get the cheering from the road sides(I think I even spotted Lindsay at Wendy), it does make a difference, thanks guys.
  • Ditto everything which has been said. Thanks to the two guys in Radio Shack kit , Cam's dad, the Lindsey and lil Foulkes and all others for encouragement. It does make it easier having support!

These events are great and its good to be supporting them this year. Long may it continue.

Strappy you must still have Marmotitus as there is no way that was harder than the alpes!

Look forward to resuming normal club run duties next weekend. It seems like an eternity since the last 9am start.
  • Team results as follows.....

BRCC 280 points
    CC Ashwell 241 points
    HNCC 177 points
    IRC 44 points.

Doh...maybe next year.
  • edited July 2011
    For those of you who may have caught the 'TT bug', here are a few open events in the next few weeks:

24/7 - Verulam CC - F1/25
    31/7 - Hitchin Nomads - F1B/10
    7/8 - Finsbury Park CC - F1/25
    4/9 - Icknield RC - F1B/10
    10/9 - Stevenage CC - F14/12 (that is the same course as yeserday :-)

more details are on the TT website: http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/

see you there :-)
  • that's seriously close for a first stab for a "non-racing" club ;-).well done all CCA riders
  • sorry guy's
    school boy error by rear wheel caliper was locked on one side of my wheel no wonder i wasn't getting to much speed up.
    doh.
  • All,

Well done to everyone who organised, marshalled, manned (or should that be womanned) the tea bar and all those who took part.

For my own part, I was hoping to have gone a bit quicker than last year but didn't go hard enough on the 1st lap and couldn't make it up on the 2nd. Oh well, there's always next year.

I'm looking to do the Nomads 10 and the Stevenage event in September if anyone wants to join in. I spoke to Dave Ledgerton yesterday and so far he's had hardly any entries so even us slow ones should be able to get in. Don't know about the Stevenage one but last year there weren't many takers. This one's either a solo or a 2-up if anyone fancies having a go.

Darren
  • Congrats Carmelo- great ride!

I was on the course and it was awesome seeing so much Blue looking the biz.

Well done Team Ashwell- we have equipped ourselves brilliantly this season in all areas of cycling and age and gender- heads up to all of us who have been CCA ambassadors from Guilden, across Britain, Europe, S Africa, U.S.A, to Infinity....and beyond!!

James, that was indeed Scouse Radio Shack Chris Horner out there, feeling shabby after a heavy weekend- but impressing my mate from Jersey with the team spirit he could see- but sadly lacks in his club

INNITTTTT!!
  • Me too strappy. All four sides mate!
  • Thanks to all, especially the encouragement from Scouse Chris. Thanks, much needed motivation! Daniel