Welcome to the forum

Girl's Ride

DPCDPC
edited September 2010 in Youth
Geoff, Bianca, Rosanna, Anneka, Daisy, Hannah, Sarah and myself went for a good 16 or so mile ride this morning taking in the delights of Guilden Morden, Wrestlingworth, Sutton and back along Northfields. All the girls should feel proud of their efforts today into what was quite a strong wind at times.

Hannah and I rode from home as well to make it a shade under 29 miles at 12.3mph.

Hopefully see you all again next week.

Darren

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Daisy will be there
  • nice report Darren....there will be a ride this Saturday...same time same place.....hope to see everyone there
  • Geoff. Daisy is ill and won't be cycling this morning.

R
  • sorry to hear this Rob....hope she is feeling better now......we had a good ride and think everyone enjoyed it....see everyone next week.
  • Well, don't know what everyone else did but Hannah and I, and Daisy turned up late so we did what I think is the chain gang route. Only rained for a short amount of time but not overly warm.

Geoff, as you are away, is anyone else around to do the rides on Saturday? I'm quite happy to lead/help but I'm not CRB checked.

Darren
  • Hi Darren....Just heard from Rachel Fenton..club member and also Regional Event Officer East for British Cycling who is willing to lead these two weekend rides....thanks for the offer of ride assistance..I will mail Rachel and copy you in so you have connection...Rachel may be able to add something to the mix which will be exciting for the girls
    cheers G
  • 4 girls plus me, Rachel & Eva. Out to Bassingbourn and Abington Piggotts. Hannah, Rosanna and I did another loop out to Shingay whilst the others had to get back for a trip to Manchester. About 19 miles for Rosanna, just over 31 for me and Hannah. Strong wind on the way back.

Darren
  • Hi everyone...firstly a big thank you to Rachel for taking the last 2 weeks and also to Darren for being there......I am back now and Rachel has a busy few weeks with British Cycking..soooo.....10am tomorrow as normal.....hope to see a goodly number there tomorrow
  • edited November 2010
    Dad went off for a ride on his own and Geoff, Rosanna & myself went out for what I consider a long ride! For Rosanna about 22 miles but for me a whopping 34 miles! Now I'm totally wiped out! (But I feel good for it!)
    Hope to see more girls there next week!
    Hannah C!
  • thanks for this Hannah.........you and Rosanna rode well.......I hope that Bianca, Daisy, Anneka, Katie, Harriett and Rebecca will be able to join in as they have earlier.
    Everyone is getting fitter and faster so well done everyone.
    I realise there are other calls on your time and sometimes some are away.
    see everyone Saturday 13th 10am
  • Saturday at 10am for all....hope to see you there.

For the future there are some who want to ride further and a bit faster.......if we start at 9.30am we can add those girls and women who don't want to ride with the main Saturday group. They can then go on with those who want to ride a bit faster and further after we have done 18 to 20 miles.....

any thoughts?
  • Today, there was Geoff, Bianca, Rosanna & myself. Not a long ride but a hard one. Lots of steep hills.
  • Daisy missed Saturday training but is coming out with me today (Sunday) for 15-20m.
    Daisy should be there next Saturday. Robbie
  • hi it was really good fun on saturday with Hannah,Bee,Geoff and myself yep, as Hannah said lots of steep hills i was tempted to get off my bike and walk but i must keep going.I am away this saturday see you the week after next.
    Rosanna
  • soz i didnt relize my name so i juat said speed lol.
    Rosanna
  • you all did fine...coming on nicely...see you week after this Rosanna....look forward to seeing you this week Daisy.....hoping Katie can make it again..missed her.
  • i wonder how long geoff will take you this week and if it is a really long one then i am glad i ammissing out only joking i cant wait to get bak on my bike soon and im will miss going out with you all
  • I was wondering if anyone had a spear pair of clip shoes that they wouldn't mind giving up for a litttle bit of mony.size 7 or and a half. If you do could you add another comment on here or please call 07756012923 for my mobie.
    thanks Rosanna.
  • I am going on a cycle on sunday proberbly and wouldnt mind if anyone came with me as long as you are up for it. it wont be a very long one but proberly round the mordens if it isnt nippy noodles. i will be going at about 1 in the afternoon we will meet up out side geoffs. hope to see you al there and please keep checking this chat box because there might be something about not going but i probely will .bye Rosanna
  • good blog Rosanna....hope other riders are looking on.....it would be good if several of you got together to organise rides for eachother like the boys have been doing.......It looks like being very cold tomoprrow, but should still be fine if everyone wears the right kit.....I don't expect to do a long ride tomorrow, but it would be good if some of you were to brave the weather.
  • Geoff,

Don't expect to see Hannah tomorrow. Looks like she's coming down with flu.

Darren
  • Oh dear that isn't good news I hope she gets better and that she will be there next week.
    Rosanna
  • i might ask some boys like charlie and aldo to come on the ride because they havnt been out on a ride unless geoff has taken them out so if any one wants to come with me then you are more than well come geoff are you comeing to on the cycle on sunday?
  • Geoff. GD100 today is off. Take it the girls ride is too.
  • no girls ride today robbie...too dicy and cold
  • Very sorry Goeff but it is a bit icy and cold to go out to day and i am a bit bussy sorry for any inconvenience.
    Rosanna
  • no problem Rosanna......very sensible and I can tell you it was extremely cold......only 7 of the club rode today and at 10am at that....let's hope next week is o.k.
  • Hope to see you all there next week as well! Can't wait for a good ride, hopefully it won't be too cold!
    Hannah :D
  • rosieandbazil@hotmail.com (this is for hannah) and yes very sorry that we couldnt make sunday it was a bit nippy noodles hope it is alright next week
  • O.K. Everyone....Saturday might be a tad cold, but with luck we should be able to ride safely........if no snow or icy weather let's all have a go tomorrow....look forward to seeing you all at 10am