Welcome to the forum

2012 : CHILTERN 100 : 2012 - Sunday 27th May

Comments

• Shaun, my mate is really keen, since i am now taking skelders place

he was going to wait outside then 'join' in
  • That's fine Chris. I was only going to take the place if nobody else wanted it. Tell your mate HE'S IN!
  • Hi Chris, hopefully we'll catch up tomorrow and exchange details - then I'll contact the organiser (see Phil's email above)
  • Hi chris - drop me an email on ejon at inunui dot net and we'll sort out transferring the entry
  • hi john- got delivery notice failure on email

whisper me?
  • lloydy

I was wondering if you managed to contact eddie at Chiltern100 to confirm me as replacement yet?

thanks
  • Dom, who was taking John S place in Chiltern 100 now cant make it, so there is a place available to fill our team quota....

Let me know if you fancy it and I will give you Eddie the organiser's email
  • due to logistics i am now riding the medio not gran fondo

will be starting at 9 with gino, so if other medios want a cca start, aim to be there and registered by 8.30 and be in the pen for grupetto start

ooohhh- i can feel the pain from last year already!
  • Chris - Would like to take John's place and also join you and Gino for medio if that's OK. -

Andrew
  • nice one

enter for the corto online, then email eddie and tell him you doing the medio!

he is expecting you!

eddie@chiltern-hundred.org.uk
  • Having seen the time that the ride closes (5pm) I have changed to the Medio as I'm probably too slow to get round the Gran Fondo in time. I based this on the time it took me to do the Tour of Pembrokeshire 75 mile route last weekend which is similar to the Medio.

Chris/Gino I will see you at the start at 9am.

Vicky
  • I am not going for a 'time' this year, so if any other medios want to set off 9 ish, it would be good to get a cca (2nd)? train going off together, following the express starting a bit earlier

Thinking slow up the hills, keep it together and get a tug off some other riders...

or go for it if you fancy a blast!
  • Unfortunately missed entry for this year - according to Eddie all entries were closed on Friday - will enter earlier next year!
  • Andrew,
    Watch this space. I may have to withdraw from this event. I will post ASAP, even tonight. (DIY vs Sportive)

Daniel
  • Thanks Daniel - wil keep an eye out.
  • So, I think that the medio group at the mo consists of

Myself
    Emma
    Vicky
    Tom H
    Scouce
    Gino
    Chris N
    Matin H
    Jane

Anybody that I've missed?

Cheers

DavidJ
  • Andrew, I am definately not riding this on Sunday. (I have to do stuff at home). My place is yours if you want it. I'll whisper my phone number (log onto The Forum).

It's a great ride, I'm very sad not to be doing it.

Daniel
  • Hi All what time are the Gran Fondo group setting off?
  • Lost track of who is actually riding the Gran Fondo this year.
    Last year we set off at 8 I think.
    If not many of us doing it I am inclined to join the 09:00 Medio start and ride the first part together until the split.
    Anyone else riding the Grand Fondo?
  • I am in for the Gran Fondo. Not sure the option to start with the medio is on offer. I would favour and early start. Looks like the wind might be quite strong and from the east so I would prefer to get the first bit going east done before it gets too strong.
    Will go with what ever the majority are doing though.
  • hi stef
    i'll be doing the Fondo. i was thinking 8am start.
    iain
  • Hi

I'm doing the Fondo route as well and was thinking of starting a 8:00, although I will be at the car park well before that so can start when ever it suits everyone.

I have just checked the Chiltern Hundred site and the Fondo starts between 7:45 and 8:40 and the Medio starts between 8:50 to 9:20.

The two start times do not overlap so it looks like there is not an option to start with Medio group

Ian
  • Pete and I will aim for 8 a.m. start as well
    Anyone else doing this, phil k did you get your entrance sorted? Robbie?
  • gutted, but i am out

so skelders slot (ooh is that rude!?) becomes available again if anyone fancies it
  • I will be there for the 8am start - ouch. For a late starter like me the early start will be more painful than the climbs!
  • Chaps...

Good luck tmw. My lads birthday making time for him rather than me...
    for a change! My entry is free to a good rider who'll get me a better time!
    Really... free for anyone.
  • Mark, if you want a lift in morning, Stef and I leaving mine at 0645. Maybe you could get to Stef's at a suitable time? Leave it up to you.
  • Stef,

If that is ok, time and address?

Thanks,
    Mark.
  • Mark
    was planning to leave mine at 0630 to drive over to Petes, hes driving from there.
    so say 06:25 at mine to load the bike
    will whisper address
    Stef
  • I am in and plan to start at 8 but doubt very much if I will be able to keep up with you boys so will just tag onto a slower group that will get me to the finish.