Welcome to the forum

## 2012 London Phoenix Easter Classic ## RESULTS!

edited January 2012 in Sportives
Along with the Chiltern 100, another firm favourite for the CCA team.

In fact, i believe the 2010 event saw the birth of the now infamous 'BLUE TRAIN' ??!!

http://www.londonphoenix.co.uk/pages/easter-classic/12/

GET INVOLVED!

Comments

• don't forget to type the club name in full on your entry :-)
  • Also bringing this back up... Who's in ??

Tumble weed rolls past........swooosh....
  • thank God for that... if i can hold your wheel it is a welcome 'blue train' engine :)
  • I have just signed up too :)
  • Just bringing to the top....

Great ride, get involved 8-)
  • sadly I cant ride this one this year, but having been in/on last years very fast moving blue train, I can certainly say its a great way to start the season off.

Lee
  • Agreed Lee

An express, but some 'carriages' got shelled out at various stages- esp if you dared to have a 2 minute stop and a cuppa!!

choo choo!
  • Yes. Am in there now!
  • good on ya Robbie!
  • This is a great event guys....one not to be missed...was hoping to ride it again, but won't be able to this year......
  • A bit wreckless perhaps but I have entered this and Theo is coming too as a warm down ride after the Youth Tour of Scotland (LOL).

Daniel
  • well last year he dragged us both up that last hill i seem to remember!!
  • Also entered...
  • should be in the rear carriage for this one ;)
  • Entered. Should be able to make it but not 100% at the moment. hopefully this year if i have to turn myself inside out to stay with the lead bunch they wont all disapear for a cream tea and cucumber sandwiches in the middle ;)
  • Hey Tim... you were doing ok today!
    Think we can do ok. Might have to work out a set off time strategy to keep others from tagging onto the blue train and not coming thro!
  • Cheers Robbie 8-)

Won't be doing silly gym sessions this week, my legs were beasted last week doing mucho squats with weights etc, ouch! Got the Welwyn hilly on Friday then rest up for Monday ... Fingers crossed for the weather.

Need to check with the boss what car i can have but can get 2 bikes on my roof & possibly 2 in the boot if the wagon is available.

BTW - COME ON BOONEN!!!!!! Flanders is jotting up.
  • Hotting up! That should be
  • Chat Wednesday...
    Think I'll have room for 2 bikes too.
  • I'm signed in for this, was hoping someone on the club run yesterday or last saturday would be going but nobody there was. Can I join you? I will probably get dropped after a bit but want to start with some CCA riders. What time?
  • James, of course, no problem.

what time are we aiming to start chaps? it says 10 on the website with registration from 8.30. presumably you can start any time after 10?
  • Ditto with James- good to start out together. Think Gino is doing this ride- anyone have his phone number?

Rich
  • came very close to entering this one with a buddy who is staying over the weekend but would take out too much of the day so will ride locally from here.
    there is always next year. have a great ride.
  • Oh dear, just seen the forecast....dont forget your flippers.
  • Oh dear! Snorkel is also packed....
  • Hi im going tomorrow hope weather is ok , Would be good to ride with you guys
  • OK, so I'll plan to get there around 9. I Can give a lift there from Royston to anyone who wants, but not on the way back (I'm visiting some friends in Saffron Walden).
  • See you around 9 James.
  • Think 9 is a good time.