Welcome to the forum

CCA PRIMAVERA ROAD RACE 19th MAY 2013

edited December 2012 in Road Racing
At the moment our race will be a similar format to last year using the Cardington circuit except we are using Cople Village Hall as HQ as were having a few problems with Old Warden residents.

It will be a 3/4 cat race again over 89 km on Sunday 19th May at 09.30.

I am still trying to get 2 other new circuits approved that actually pass through Ashwell..if we are successful then everything will change so will announce that if it happens.

So am counting on the great support from the club again to make this event as good as previous editions...got a feeling we may have a CCA winner this time??.....more later!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I think it's ggoing to be my first road race
  • OK WE ARE GETTING TO THAT TIME!!

Racers...haven't had any entries yet from CCA riders!

Would appreciate a list of volunteers for marshalling etc please let me know if you can help...
  • mine's in the post...
  • Happy to marshall again this year

Vic
  • I had planned to enter but really won't be ready so please put me down to marshall.

Johnny
  • I imagine this has been accounted for, but the Nomads Sportive is on the same day and uses a part of the Cardington Circuit. Plus it passes through Ashwell which might scupper an Ashwell course.

MAP HERE

I will potentially be able to help in some way, can confirm nearer the time.
  • Have spoken to the organisers and am hoping they can move their route as a road race can only be held on an approved course of which this is one...surprised Hitchin Nomads didn't check calendar as some of their riders often ride our race....PLUS we have the prospect of a Triathlon happening at the same time...could do with out this!
  • Having ridden for the last 3 years, its about time I helped out!. Carmelo put me down for whatever you need.
    Lee
  • Hi Carmelo,
    Would it still be possible to enter this?
    I'm hoping to start having a go at some races at Hilligdon the two Tuesdays before and this would be my first road race.
    If I'm to late I would be happy to help with anything else that needs doing?
    Thanks
  • Entry is open until Saturday 27th: HERE
  • That's great thanks Pearce
  • I'm available for marshalling duties this year.
  • happy to help out as needed
  • Thanks pearce

On the entry form does anyone know what "registered colours" means?
    and is UCI code just "N/A"?
    cheers
  • Blue/White
    N/A
  • Me and Mrs 118 available for marshalling
  • edited May 2013
    carmelo

put me down for marshalling .....at the moggerhanger junction on the northill to cople stretch please

thanks
  • Carmello can't help you this year mate I'm working that weekend. Sorry mate, hope all works as to plan :-!
  • Happy to help Carmelo
  • OK ..We should have a full field of 70 riders including 9 from CCA!

Thanks to all for coming forward to help...below is a list of where I am at the moment...

Andy Bartlett and Vic..if you could take someone with you and do your usual excellent job at signage ..each team taking half the course..

Chief Commissaire Gerry McManus driven by Stef Dixon
    Assistant Commissaire Trevor Smith driven by Andy Bartlett

Chief Judge Mark Wyer
    Assisiant Judge Richard Glover

Lead Car 1 Tim Duckett
    Lead Car 2 Jim Rees or Lee H
    First Aid Dave Swain
    Licences Karen Bartlett
    Chief Marshall Bob Swain
    Refreshments Tracey and Aldo Luggeri

Service Vehicle Stewart Wolsey

Marshalls to get to Cople Village Hall by 09.00 at latest to have to time to get to marshall point...

Bob Swain
    Richard Glover
    Vic
    Johnny
    Chris Pearce
    Lee H (if not driving)
    Shaun
    Jane
    James Boyle
    Georgie Boyle
    Phil K
    Andrew R
    Alistair
    Mr Geoff 118
    Mrs Geoff 118

This may change and will post proper program when finished...

Come on CCA!!
  • edited May 2013
    I have Steve Kirtlands to add and perhaps James Davies

Full field of 70 riders now with reserves list starting....
  • carmelo

i will be around if you need another marshall ,if you have enough i will be at the top of hanger hill cheering our boy's on.

strappy.
  • thanks Strappy..the more the better!
  • You can download the CCA Primavera 2013 Race Programme here;

http://tiny.cc/prima2013

There is also a link on our website - on the Racing page.

Good luck to all our riders!
  • Carmelo,

What time do you want myself and any others marking the route to turn up?
    I think we were there at 08.00 last year - same again?

Vic
  • Yes please Vic but it depends what time Trevor Smith arrives with most of signage..
  • Yes please Vic but it depends what time Trevor Smith arrives with most of signage..
  • Better early than late, I'll be there at 08.00
  • Does anyone have the big green first aid kit?