Welcome to the forum

CCA PRIMAVERA ROAD RACE 19th MAY 2013

Comments

• Anyone in Royston want a lift as I pass through? One space, 8.20am. Text me: 07977509546
  • Thanks Carmelo and everyone that helped out today, I really enjoyed the race, if I wasn't hooked before I def am now. Well done all the Ashwell riders
  • Thanks carmelo /helpers that was wicked!! Real lucky with the weather aswell.
  • Well done everyone who rode in a CCA jersey! You were awesome ... and will be more awesome next year, for sure
  • cheers Carmelo, lovely day for a spin! Thanks to all the marshalls and everybody who helped out, great race with a couple of CCA riders finishing well in the top ten. Nice one Theo (4th) and Ellis (9th)! I was too busy working on my tan lines to win it this time, but when I'm nicely bronzed I'll be all over this race...
  • Thanks Carmelo, all the marshalls, support cars and those providing the tea, cake and support! Great to see a full field and so many blue shirts. Unfortunately, after just a couple of laps I had a mechanical...my legs packed up. I need to find some cat 4, 15 mile, flat road races! Fantastic result for Theo and Ellis - well done lads.
    Iain
  • ONCE AGAIN ,THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL WHO HELPED MAKE THIS EVENT HAPPEN...I could not organise it without you...ALL OF YOU!

THANK YOU TO OUR RIDERS FOR ENTERING AND HAVING A GO

Congratulations to Theo and Ellis for their 4th and 9th places

A neater version of result sheet will appear soon as will a link to some pics that Tim Fisher took which I am looking forward to seeing...

Mark Wyer managed to get results down to 57th!

1 Mike Cowland St Ives CC
    2 James Bevan VC Meudon
    3 Jim Moffatt Team Virgin Active
    4 Theo Doncaster CC Ashwell
    5 Camille Dubois UC IFS-Herouville
    6 James Stewart Bonito Squadra Corse
    7 Ed Silverton Bicicielo
    8 William Scott Bonito Squadra Corse
    9 Ellis Dudley CC Ashwell
    10 Simon Fox CC Luton
    11 Tim Davies Icknield RC
    12 Henry Catchpole Club Corley Cycles
    13 Dermot Kealey Finchley RT
    14 Miles Butler London Phoenix CC
    15 David Bird London Phoenix CC
    16 Alex Cohen Finsbury Park CC
    17 Osama Assem Finchley RT
    18 Trevor Ormes Velo Schils Interbike
    19 Steve Wood Peterborough CC
    20 Paul Carr Club Corley Cycles
    21 John Woyton Glendene CC
    22 John Lacey TMG Horizon
    23 Howard Lightfoot Cambridge CC
    24 Marco Coppola Gemini BC
    25 Ralph Keeler Cambridge CC
    26 Sam Williamson Hemel Hempstead CC
    27 Jason Stuart CC Ashwell
    28 Nathaniel Rosa CC Ashwell
    29 Tom Trimble CC Ashwell
    30 Steve Lovell Bonito Squadra Corse
    31 Michael Coomber icycle
    32 Luke Souter Banbury star
    33 Anthony Goodwin CC Luton
    34 William Smith CC Ashwell
    35 Julian Mills Club Corley Cycles
    36 James Boardley Peterborough CC
    37 Nicholas Cramer Hertfordshire Wheelers
    38 Michael Skipsey TMG Horizon
    39 Nick Perks Iceni Velo
    40 Rory Havis St Ives CC
    41 David Course Beds Road CC
    42 Tim Edwins Leighton Buzzard RCC-Solgar
    43 Bjorn Krylander Cambridge CC
    44 Valentino Fontana Gemini BC
    45 Edgar Medelin Finchley RT
    46 Glenn O'Brien CC Luton
    47 Glyndwyr Thomas VC Norwich
    48 Stuart Lindsey St Ives CC
    49 Stephen Wharton Finchley RT
    50 Mike Deeney CC Luton
    51 James Wylie Velo Schils Interbike
    52 James Stokes Kettering CC
    53 Gary Brooks Kenilwrth Wheelers
    54 Jason Moore Corley Tri Team
    55 Cameron Wolsey CC Ashwell
    56 Anthony Purnell Cambridge CC
    57 Phil Holland Club Corley Cycles
  • Confused!! Didn't think I had finished outside the top 60?? Lol
  • neil, i think you came in 34th... that was just down as an ashwell finisher, my number didn't appear on the list at all but i think i was a bit further up than that... i might be wrong though
  • Yea that's around what I was expecting mate cheers, I didn't think I had 60 in front of me lol
  • Prob didn't help that my number was hanging off!!
  • edited May 2013
    Link:
    http://tinyurl.com/ap92eu5

I located myself in just the one place, then shifted to the finish line, plus some shots of the prize giving.
  • Hi all,

I have just reviewed the video that Jack Darts managed to take. After editing out Jon's head I have managed to sort Will and Neil out.

Will you came in 26th. Everyone below you drops down one place. Neil if that was you with the number flapping then you were 35th where we had Will down. A tip for you in future - if your number is flapping like that you will almost certainly not get placed. Take spare pins with you and put a couple of extra ones in.

Those of you new to road racing, don't get used to being placed if you are not in the top 10. Most judging teams at this level without photo finish or transponders will only get the top 10. It's only because I had a top team with me that we got you all.

Mark.
  • Thanks Mark, yea I didn't think we would get results that far down to be honest.
    I had an issue with a gel a couple of laps in and ended up with the number flapping about!
    Thanks again everyone
  • That's awesome Tim. Mark amazing you were able to do that with such a huge bunch!
  • Just reviewed the Prime Sprints as well. The second and third were incredibly tight but we called the third right. Even playing the video 5 or 6 times I can't separate Theo and James Bevan on the second one. I reckon Bevan deserved it for going for all 3 and still coming second! Plus as the hosting club I felt it right to award it to the visitor.
  • cheers Mark, look forward to checking out the pics too.
  • Thanks to all who helped out, great event, great organisation and great weather.
  • yes another great event, thanks to all who helped out and rode, you all the did the club proud.
    especially carmello who does all the organisation and gets all the hassle
  • edited May 2013
    tim's got some wicked shots!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedevinecomedy/
  • edited May 2013
    The upload is only of a small version of each image.

Thus, if you want a larger copy, email me and I will Dropbox you the larger version in the week.

LINK

timfisher46@gmail.com
  • The last time i saw something that well organised was the Olympic Road Race, top job. Support cars and bikes aplenty. Carmelo, to do a 50 TT yesterday and you told me what state you were in, then be up early to get all this sorted, you nutter!
    Nice one Theo to get 4th, saw you working hard near the front when you passed me. And everyone else who pedalled hard, pat on the back.
    Unless you want a report in the paper by me explaining how difficult it was to find a spot of sun in between the clouds, or how a Biplane then a Spitfire from the nearby airfield helped pass the morning, can someone else suggest some words to describe what happened!
  • Fantastic job by Carmelo again for putting so in much work and making this race happen.
    With the warm sun, marshalling was a very pleasant couple of hours spent watching the race and bit of the air-show too!

I can't write a report on the event, but think that if anyone does, it would be a good idea to strongly emphasise and thank the patience and courtesy shown by drivers inconvenienced by the race. We need to keep the public on our side in order to race safely on open roads and this would be an good opportunity to help do so.
  • Thanks Carmelo as always, great job.

Also fantastic to see so many CCA riders up there and competing. It was only a few years ago when we struggled to get anyone to the finish so lovely to see the standard of riding both in terms of speed and safety go significantly upwards.

Well done to all.
  • Love the shot of Ellis getting his congratulatory hug from Kiki Dee

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedevinecomedy/8755543390/in/set-72157633519083373
  • Hello - I'd like to ask Tim/DevineComedy/PatAgonia's permission to submit this pic the Cycling Weekly in their results page. Could they give me a nod if poss? We need to be quick...

null
  • Email timfisher46@gmail.com, he just came back to me immediately about getting a photo for the paper.
  • Great pics! Fantastic colours (especially the blues).

So from my point of view the race went pretty well, I managed to maintain my position near the front for most of the race, branching across a couple of gaps to attempted breakaways every now and again too. I was concentrating on trying to keep Tony Purnell's wheel (the guy who won the Fl
  • Next time, if you don't mind, ride past, one at a time and I can then ensure I get everyone's picture.
    Smile!
    Huge 36mb file sizes means the camera in effect, freezes up whilst buffering the images so there is a limit to what I can manage to take.