Welcome to the forum

Chiltern 100 2nd June

edited April 2013 in Sportives
I'm on holiday on 2nd of June, so my place is available if anybody would like it.
Tom

Comments

• Just bringing this back to the top.
    I've got a place on the Medio (75miles) which I can't use.
    Would anybody like it?
    Tom
  • I'm getting better but realistically I won't be able to do this. I have a place in the CCA team for the Gran Fondo, so that place also is available, if we are allowed to change.

John
  • By the look o' things, I have Tom's ride.
    75 miles for me.

Thanks Tom.
    Now for some training!
  • Hi John if I could take this place would be much appreciated.
  • Tim can't take the place after all. So still available.
    Tom
  • Mick
    You're welcome to take my place. I don't know what we need to do to change the entry over, or even whether it is allowed. Anyone know?
    John
  • Ok John I'll look into the registration /payment and let you know , hope recovery is going ok see you out soon. Mickg
  • edited May 2013
    So the entry list reads:

Gran Fondo - Nathan, Martin H, Andrew R, Mark W, MC, Shaun, Jane, Pontus, Strappy, Daniel, Gino and Mick (aka John R) ... ?Skelders (- you don't seem to be listed on SiEntries. Another technical hitch, maybe?)

Medio Fondo - Rich T and whoever steps up to take Tom Hipwell's place

If you're looking for some long rides in preparation, Mick's planning a 60+mile club ride this Sunday and Shaun's navigating a 100-miler on Sat 18th. Hope to see you there:)
  • edited May 2013
    Cool
  • Mick

I think we can put your name instead of mine. If you click the Info button on the website and then click the Timetable option it says Saturday 25th May transfers close. So i guess we might just need to email eddie@chiltern-hundred.org.uk.

If you like, whisper me your email address and surname, and I will email him (copy to you) asking him to do the swap.

John
  • John did you get my email address mate?
  • No Mick, nothing received!
  • Got it now. Not sure why I didn't see it before. I will email the organiser.
  • Hi all,

Did you all get your rider briefing email ok?

Meet at 7:15am to aim at 7:45am start?

Mark.
  • 7.15 works for me - see you there
  • See you guys there!
  • 7:45 start is good for me (and Shaun too)

Car parks are about 1km away from the start, so give yourself enough time to put kit on and ride over ... register ... and then smile for the camera ... all before 7:45
  • Got that, if anyone needs a lift quite happy to share if you're around Baldock area.
  • The time is good with me I will see you there around the registration area.
  • OMG Met Office is predicting sunshine ALL DAY LONG. Surely a mistake!!!!!!
  • Anyone going on the club ride tomorrow to warm legs up?
  • Hi all,

Just to clarify, we had better make that 7:15am meeting near registration rather than at parking.

Mark.
  • Well done guys hard work as usual but think most of us managed a silver so really happy with that. See you on weds.
  • We were awesome (even though I say so myself).

'You Ashwell guys were doing 28mph and I tried drafting a people carrier, but I still couldn't catch on'. Yeah ok, the guy who said it was a muppet, but he had a point. Nathan did a sterling job of driving the blue train to Watlington and somehow (with a bit of help from MC) I whizzed along inside it with a big, big grin on my face.

Right now, I hurt everywhere, but it was fantastic and a day that I'll never forget. Amazingly, I finished 2nd out of 28 ladies! Makes me realise that I'm v lucky to have such supportive and classy cyclists as friends. Definitely a privilege to ride in the CCA peloton
  • Just worked out that the organisers have totally cocked my time up on the first split which has me 15 mins down on everyone else so check your times guys , this means I got a gold for my age group , I`m going to have another beer to celebrate ;-)
  • Well done Mick. Looking nail-bitingly close to scoring a team gold for CCA (top 6 riders score for the team):

3 individual golds (9points) + 3 silvers (6points) = 15 points SILVER
    4 individual golds (12 points) + 2 silvers (4 points) = 16 points GOLD

Anyone know when the final results get published?
  • I forgot to say well done Jane on your second place you have come a long way in a short time and are as strong as any of the men in our team , you should be proud of your achievements. Still not sure about times though after another look think I did get silver not gold but it doesn't matter it was a great day and think we would be pushed to better those times .
  • I enjoyed my day. Love the Chilterns. Wish the local authority would mend the roads. Good to see 12 CCA members on the road together at the start.

I think these are our results. They look correct to me:
    http://www.tdl.ltd.uk/race-results.php?event=1336&club=Cycle+Club+Ashwell&page=1

Team award: 2 gold + 4 silver = SILVER

Well done all.
  • great ride by all big thanks to shaun for keeping us on track with his garmin and doing a great job on the front with mc & nat on the front.

forgot how nastie those hills are a bit more hill training next time i think felt that in my legs this morning.

see you all soon.

strappy.
  • Glad it's not just me who finds those hills tough - after Bison Hill Martin's friend and me regrouped and caught up but both agreed it took a bit too much out of us at the start of the day so decided to solo.

Probably should have joined you at the first stop but I had to make a chain adjustment and doubt I'd have kept up with the pace for too much longer anyway.

Still had a great day, great sense of achievement on finishing, fantastic weather and joined up with a quite a few friendly cyclists along the way, there is a really good feel to this event and I'm looking forward to next year - maybe a few more winter miles would help..

Andrew