Welcome to the forum

Chiltern 100 2nd June

2»

Comments

• If you like the hills 'round these parts (my house is in Bushey, not far from the HQ in Chesham), and you ride XC, try the BuckOffRoadSportive next early May maybe as it's really lovely countryside, and hilly, as you have found out!
  • Blue train here

Daniel
  • edited June 2013
    One other thing the Chiltern 100 riders have done I think is help promote CCA. Daily visits to this forum smashed through the 500 barrier for the first time ever on Monday. I can't think why there was a spike in visits except for knackered people looking at our site the day after that big ride. And I can access the 'Geo-IP' to see these visitors are coming in from largely around those home counties cities around the Chilterns way, which makes the C100 riders the likely source.

So well done team for promoting the club - and it's also a reminder that when you wear a CCA top, it's noticed and something of a responsibility.
  • Hey, we're on the map! First the home counties, next the Dales
  • martin
    you are not wrong we had a guy from another club who stuck with our blue train the whole route.
    when we got over the finish line he shook our hands and said thanks for dragging him round i said
    you might as well join our club you have been with us all day.£25.00 will cover it.

i think our train was very strong all day and every one i spoke to said the same.

strappy
  • What a genuinely really great day this was. I don't know about what other people think but it really felt just like a club ride (with a bit of extra adventure)...could you ask for more than that? Really well run event aswell, great signposts and awesome/actually useful food, and very well accepted bacon rolls at the end ;)

I overheard 2 conversations when we had finished (both times they didn't think I was able to hear) saying how helpful and consistent we (cca) were, which is really great

Bring on 2013 lets get the club gold
  • 'Bring on 2013...'

Am I missing something here?

Daniel
  • ahem
    2014*
    I'm not in 2013 mode yet ^_^