Welcome to the forum

Senior grass track Saturday mornings

edited May 2013 in Grass Track
Folks, Saturday grass track starts as above,

The session will run from 10 to 12, if you need a bike come significantly earlier to get sorted and bikes will be first come first served.
Sessions will be £3
Sessions are for novice and experienced riders...over 16 only please.

Comments

• Excellent... will make it a regular thing
  • Are these sessions useful to people, such as myself, that are riding the Manchester Velodrome and need to get used to riding a track bike?

If so, count me in.

Vic
  • Yes, very.
  • I will aim to be there as going on the Velodrome trip.
  • Do we need pedals?
  • Yes, bring pedals and shoes obviously
  • Hoping to make this a regular session but it is the 3rd Elvedon road race that day so hopefully next time.
  • Hi,

Id like to join in when work permits but not this weekend im affraid!!

Id also like some grass track tyres (the diamond pattern??) but can find on any website!? only cyclocross etc.
    if anyone knows where i can get some i would be very greatful (clinchers btw)

Ta again
    Stu
  • hi Stu.....I can get these and have to get 2-3 sets for others...I'll let you know when I have them
  • Looks like we should be dry until lunch time tomorrow, so ill be there. Im up there anyway as my lad has football next door so if it is a no goer ill let you know.

Bring shoes, pedals, helmet and £3.
  • I'll be there about 9-30, if it is rained off I'll join the Saturday ride
  • Planning to be there.
  • Thanks for running this mornings session Tim, hard work, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

More of the same next Saturday and hopefully, less vino on Friday night!
  • Yes thanks also, really good fun.
  • Thanks Tim...for a bunch of novices I think we did okay.
    All in once piece :)

Adam
  • You all rode very well....impressed.
  • I'll he there as from 25 May...
  • Im planning to be there tomorrow, 9.30 for a 10.00 start.

Weather looks ok at the moment.
  • Unless I make a miraculous recovery from the stinking cold that I have at the moment, I'll have to give tomorrow a miss.
    I feel a bit like Sir Bradley looked on yesterday's stage of the Giro.

Final decision in the morning, but don't wait for me.
  • i plan to be there
  • edited May 2013
    I'm there the week after
  • Folks, im away this weekend. I think Jackie is also away. Mark might be there, not sure.

In view of the amount of rain the track is likely to be very soggy. If anyone does ride, best to only use the middle one (there are 3 marked out at the moment) which will matter less if it gets churned. I suspect it will be too soggy to use any of it to be honest.

Grim.
  • thanks for this note Tim........Please do NOT use the main, outer track....We will need this in good condition for Saturday 1st when we have the grass track racing.
    There are other tracks.
    Have fun....happy cycling.
  • Yes, I'm there tomorrow if anyone else is going,
    Mark.
  • Folks, im away this weekend and Jackie isnt around for grass tomorrow. If there is anyone who wants to ride on saturday morning post here. Hopefully there will be a coach about.
    The track is riding lovely at the mo.
  • I'm working I'm afraid.
  • Just to say I'd be up for tomorrow, but if there's no-one around don't worry
  • Just to say guys....If you have your own bike then it is your track. You are responsible for yourself so i am sure that if sensible you can use track. Sure Tim and others are o.k. with this. If you need to use a club bike then clearly one of the coaches needs to be present if only to open the container.
    Preferably use the inner 3 tracks or stay off racing line of main track. If you are doing a timed lap then clearly use the main track as it's the fastest and flattest.
    Have fun.
  • I can get there for 9.45 and open the container if anyone wants to ride.

Lindsey
  • I'll be there this Saturday morning.

Mark.