Welcome to the forum

Read all about it - CCA in the local rag

edited May 2013 in Time Trial
Our TT's are being reported in the Comet, but I'm not sure which one! I think it's Hitchin as they have joined it with the HNCC report, which wasn't my intention and I'll try and get this changed. Simon at HNCC helped me with this so i don't want to steal his limelight.

I don't live in the area, can anyone tell me if this is also in the Letchworth & Baldock edition? (which is what i want).

Now you're all famous you'll just have to keep coming to the TT's and post good times :)

null

Comments

• Chris

It is in the Letchworth & Baldock edition - good Job!

Andrew
  • Good work Chris. Did think that the A Herbert from the Noddies TT was Alex for a moment. (What happend to Alex?)

Daniel
  • Thanks Andrew. I guess it's in all their editions then as it must be in Hitchin too.
  • Good job fella...... ;-)
  • any chance we can get this in the Royston Crow as well?
    Lee
  • Good point, I've asked the question to them.
  • I'm in Stevenage so have no chance with the paper, I'd be happy to see a pic on here each week like the one above, if possible ?? ;-)
  • Ah, well i actually stole this from HNCC, they scan the paper and post on their FB page. If our reports happen to be joined with theirs then i can continue doing this, but i don't really want to be relying on them (and shouldn't).

And I don't have access to the papers either.

Can anyone who gets the paper possibly scan it each week? I don't have a scanner at work or home so couldn't buy a copy and do it myself anyway.
    If anyone can then I'll deal with posting the image on here.
  • If it is in the Crow, I would scan it in each week
  • Chris

It can be copied from the online edition here:- http://www.thecomet.net/home/e-edition using Snipping Tool on windows or Grab on Mac then can be posted.

If that's not possible for you then I can do it but will not be as motivated as you as unlikely to do many 10s this year.

Cheers

Andrew
  • Brilliant, cheers Andrew, never knew that was available. I can use that from now on.

And just got off the phone to the Crow, we should be in there too from next week.
  • Well here's some incentive for entering an Open TT, you might just get into the paper :-)

They didn't publish our club 10 results from last week though.

null
  • Re: the Royston Crow they have asked for a local rider slant on it.

Lee & Matt, do you live in Royston?
    And anyone else?
  • I think the Crow might go for something like the article above. They would probably extend their local coverage to nearby villages such as Melbourn, Bassingbourn, Littlington etc. (rahter than just Royston).

So, where did Dan P. (Litlington) feature in your new categories (U16?)?

Peter
  • Dan has been the only junior rider (except for the Tandem Fraser's) to do a TT, so he is on course to win his category!
    Will make a note for him in reports.
  • Yes Chris I live in Royston. So does Jezz R and a few others I think. The Royston rockets get a decent weekly write up, so I wonder if the crow would expand the section to all cycling, not just BMX. We also have some road racers to. and I know of at least one of the CCA kids rider lives in Royston, so plenty for them to cover. Any Royston based CCA riders doing the primavera on Sunday?
    Lee
  • I don't think they would be interested in me. Not unless they find a report on me turbo training at 5am this morning a 'good read'

Would be good to get a junior in on this....
  • Blimey!
  • We're slowly taking over the sports pages!

Letchworth & Baldock Comet (not the others):

null

Royston Crow (i think they like us):

null

null

null
  • For the Primavera report i did add a sentence thanking the local community for their patience and courtesy, but this has been edited out!
  • Great stuff - really good reports. We might need to officially appoint you as Press Officer at this rate Chris!
  • wahey, fame at last :-) sadly on last nights performance, 20 odd seconds slower than the week before :-( , my fame may be very short lived!!

by the way I've signed up for the Hitchin 25 on 1st june, anyone else doing it

Lee
  • Yes Lee i will be there, not sure of anyone else. Startsheet should be with us by the weekend.
  • Great work Chris with the press......by the way it's HALE !!! ;-)
  • and definitely Hearty....well done everyone and great write ups Chris........so fantastic to have someone really get us in the local press.
  • Comet:

null

Royston Crow:

null
  • Nice work Chris...
  • The Comet, Carmelo doing it again, and really pleased they put the grass track stuff in there:

null

Royston Crow, decent spread on this one:

null

Between the two that's probably the best we've had so far.
  • Great stuff Chris....at this rate I might have to get you to do PR for my real career!
  • PR earn quite a bit don't they? I've seen your house and car! A new career would be v.welcome :)