Welcome to the forum

Read all about it - CCA in the local rag

2»

Comments

• hahahaa....Carmelo...he's got you there :-)

great work chris......Worth noting that Cameron is a junior and took the win against some v.good adults.
    Rosanna Moynihan competing in the womens omnium won despite only being a youth U 14.

Good to see CCA so much in the local press.
  • Comet:

null

Royston Crow:

null

null
  • congratulations James......a great result doing yourself and the club proud....keep that hungry winning streak
  • Thanks for your comments Geoff - I'll pass them on to him.

Mark F
  • Royston Crow:

null
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks. Made me smile.
    Lots of CCA riders doing really well.
  • Ok I'm spreading our news a bit further, potentially the best reported club in the county :)
    I was already sending reports to the Comet and Royston Crow, they have free digital editions online.
    I have also just started sending to:
    Biggleswade Chronicle but they don't do a digital edition
    Buntingford & Royston Mercury, they do a digital edition but you have to subscribe. Does anybody already subscribe to this which they could forward to me each week if we are featured?
    Royston Weekly News, they have a free digital edition
    Plus maybe the Cambridge Evening News as they do the Royston Weekly News so they're getting the reports too, they do a digital edition but you have to subscribe. Does anybody already subscribe to this which they could forward to me each week if we are featured?
  • edited June 2013
    Finally some pictures! Nigel you'll enjoy this week's reporting. Can i just add i send in the reports grammatically correct but whoever is in charge at the Crow completely messes it up and cuts bits out.
    I'm not sure if we're in the Mercury, Cambridge Eve News or Biggleswade Chronicle, will check during the week if i have a chance.

Royston Crow:

null

Royston Weekly News:

null
  • ????Great stuff Chris.....
  • You're doing a great job with the press, Chris!

Here's hoping it'll impress some of their readers and create a bit of pride in their local cycling club. We're all proud of CCA and it'd be wonderful if other road users could start to share that feeling too.
  • Craig really needs to get a club shirt at the very least.al this self promotion :-) ....good to see you mixing it Craig

Quite agree Jane....GO CCA
  • Royston Crow:

null

Royston Weekly News:

null
  • Great write up again Chris....
  • Been a quiet week, hopefully the Interclub will be running.

Royston Crow:

null

Royston Weekly News:

null
  • Chris, let me know if you'd like the race report from the weekend's youth racing at Hog Hill amended so it can be submitted to the local papers: http://www.ccaforum.co.uk/comments.php?DiscussionID=3120&page=1#Item_2

I love time trialling but it's great to reinforce with the local public that CC Ashwell is very active in youth racing and in other forms of the sport too. That depends on people letting you know their results, of course.

The Biggleswade grass track event takes place this weekend and there will be plenty of CCA youth and senior riders competing. I can't be there for the entire meeting but if someone else could volunteer to write a snappy report I'm sure that would be worth submitting.

Well done on such excellent work with the local papers.

Mark F
  • Sorry Mark i missed that, have whispered you.
  • edited July 2013
    It had to contend with an article on the European Individual Boomerang Championships (a sport???) but the Comet stuck us in finally:

null

Better spread in the Crow: (although they did get confused and ran a separate article on an old club 10 event too)

null

And i spotted this in the Comet and it did make me laugh, feel sorry for the guy!

null
  • edited July 2013
    Ok, my first attempt... Please bear with me, it will get better (pics etc). As we had our baby on Monday I was a bit pushed for time (no pun intended!)

Royston Crow
    Royston Crow 250713

Comet

Comet 250713
  • nice work Matt
  • Royston Crow this Week

Crow_080813

Royston Weekly News

rwn_080813

Nothing in the Comet unfortunately. They have a number of other cycling reports
  • This weeks Royston Crow

Crow 180813
  • Well done, Matt, great work taking over from Chris.
  • Appologies to Comet readers. I got some of the youth names wrong.
    I sent them a revised report, but they failed to update.
  • edited August 2013
    Royston Weekly News

Weekly News 290813

Royston Crow

Crow 290813

Comet

Comet 290813
  • This weeks Crow

Crow_05092013