Welcome to the forum

Interclub 25 - Sunday 14th July ***CANCELLED***

edited June 2013 in Time Trial
Please excuse my enthusiasm for this but I haven't got any major TT's between now and then, so i need to focus on something!

We had 19 CCA riders last year, i think based on the regular riders with our club 10 we should get over 25 this year. We shouldn't have a guest club like BRCC turning up with more than us.
Would make a good step up from the 10's for those who have not ridden a 25 before, it's a local course on roads we all know well. Juniors are welcome. Jane & Emma were the only ladies last year, would be good to get more competition here. Could Jackie continue her record breaking success on the 10 course???

Nigel won this last year on his first ever 25 TT and clinched the club 25 trophy. The standard is much higher this year, Nigel has done a mid 59 on the course this year, Jason has done a mid 57, Cam has matched them at the IC30, I'm still trying to scrape below the hour on here, there are dark horses like Will & Tom T who has yet to try a 25, Carmelo is quick here, who knows what will happen!

This is the COURSE.

So who's in?

You can book online here now

Comments

• i'm going to do this.

Don't be worried about it being 25 miles. Its actually a nicer ride than the club 10!
  • edited June 2013
    Hey, Carolyn put in a strong performance too last year

.... and as Tim said, the CCA ladies 'smashed it': BRCC 1 CCA 9 HNCC 0 IRC 0

Can't honestly say I enjoyed the ride, but there's always hope that it'll be a slightly less lonesome experience this year. Jackie, Lindsey, Tracey, Anna, Gayle, Gwen, Susan ... can you add some strength to our team (and to my motivation for doing it)? Are there any other ladies who've been wondering about having a go at TT - if so, we need you on Sunday 14th July!
  • i'm in. last time I rode this was the Hitchin 25 and had a shocker, so I'll be looking for a big PB!!
    L
  • i'm up for this, got a race starting at 1pm in whitwell though. what time does it start?
  • edited June 2013
    Sorry i missed Carolyn in there. We could get a decent ladies team for this year then.
    Jane, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the ride last time, the placing of ladies in start sheets is a recurring issue. For you budding lady TT'ers there is interesting reading HERE

One topic is the placing of ladies in start sheets, and the consensus is ladies would prefer to be grouped together in the middle of the start sheet. So as we're in charge of this TT I'm sure we could place you all together?

Will - it starts at 8am, you'll easily be done in time. Forget you have a race on and ruin your legs on the TT!
  • Can't make it, which is a shame. Although that day I will be on Ventoux watching the tour go past which should help make up for missing it!
  • I should be up for this. I fly out on the evening of the 14th so I will have to double check I can make it and still catch my flight. It would be nice as my last ride for 6 months!

Ellis - Very jealous, you will be exactly where I should have been had my flight not got bought forward!!
  • Lee I'm sure you'll PB, you've learned all the lumps of the course by now.
    Nice one Luke, and you have good reason to push those legs as you'll have a good rest on the flight.
    MC - stick some puncture proofs on and you might just get to the finish ;)
  • Sorry can't be there for this. That is a busy weekend. Biggleswade Grass track on the Saturday and Mud Sweat and Gears at the new Kelvdon venue - sorry

Jackie
  • We'll miss you, Jackie, but good luck. Maybe you could pencil the 2014 Interclub 25 into your diary now?
  • How old do you have to be to enter this one?
  • Apart from who will be the winner, the other big question is...will the CCA caps arrive in time...
  • Just found out my flight has been put back 24hrs, that means I should be definite now and I won't have to rush off!
  • That's good news, you can now focus on enjoying it....
  • Yeah I always enjoy the 10's so this should be loads more fun............
  • Or loads more pain..... ;-)
  • Yep looooaaaads more pain. LOL
  • I've had a request from the papers for photo's from this event, so who can do the honours please? Stuart would you be around? Or Nathaniel?
  • I think the goal Chris should be to get on the back page of the papers. We've gone from a small section in "sports shorts" to main stream column inches, to photos and equal column inches to the Royston Rockets BMX team in a few short weeks. In the Royston Crow that is.
    L
  • Tim, I've had people from other clubs ask where the HQ is and when the start list will be produced. Can you confirm please?
  • Chris, the HQ is Guilden Morden village hall. The start list wont appear until a day or two before the event. As its a fairly laid back affair the other clubs won't give me their list of riders until a day or two before.
  • Do I need to register properly for this one, ie write in TT code in the back of a leaf of papyrus, conceal it in a silk envelope with CCA written on the front in bar tape and post it with one trouser leg rolled up?
  • Some couldn't find the HQ easily before I recall. Here's a Google link;

It's next to the Edward VII pub in Guilden Morden.

Link
  • yes you need to register Will to make sure your points count for CCA.
    Registration link in Chris's post right at the top.
    Or do the papyrus thing if it makes you feel better of course.
  • Hopefully nothing to worry about but a sign has recently been put up on the B1042 stating that "This road will be closed for one day over the next two weeks for resurfacing". The section of road is just before you turn left onto Potton Rd (where the start line is). Its a good half to 1 mile length of road so if they're getting it done in a day it will be the wonderful chip and seal.

Does anyone have anymore info?
  • aggrrr! no can do this one. kids in tow that day. Would love to give it a bash though. It's in the mental diary for 2014.
  • And definitely looks like they will have started the chip and seal roadworks on New rd (where we turn left in Guilden) as the road work signs are already up! All the way down to the the A1198!!
  • Thanks for that Justin, ill keep an eye on that this week. could cause us problems
  • That's a shame, Gwen
    I'm out too - on strict instructions to rest and then rehab a strained muscle