Welcome to the forum

Ronde van Letchworth greenway - Thursday evening

Comments

• Not for me tonight. Had an 'executive' lunch which has just finished...
  • Tomorrow's a no show for me sorry. Wedding anniversary.
    15 years - I have heard some get less time for murder ;-)
  • Double header for you then Jamie....wedding anniversary followed by Valentine's!

I'm not out either tonight....parents' evening duties.
  • Can't make it either - have to go to garage for usual valentines gift :)
  • Oh boy, I hope your better halves aren't reading this thread
    Strikes me that a bit of charm on V/Day is a v wise investment for anyone who values his cycling time!
  • Go to Aldi much cheaper : )
  • Tip no 2
    She won't be interested in how to glue tubs. No seriously, I guarantee that she won't
  • I hope that Jamie gets to Lidl/Aldi/local garage in time...bumped into him at parent's evening...what a way to spend your anniversary!
  • edited February 2014
    A fantastic evening rounded off by finding out when you get home from said parents evening after 8pm that the nice food you bought is going to take 90 minutes to cook!!
    One trip to Esso and a McVities digestive special with Frij thick milkshake topping and side salad of cream egg fitted the bill..... hmmm romantic ;-)

Isn't this forum supposed to be about cycling not marriage guidance??
  • I'm planning to be out tomorrow, 7pm start from the Grange football club. Although the orange gate has died and gone to the big bike shop in the sky. Alfine hubs - run forever - no maintenance - my backside!!

Had a sneaky practice lap with Samuel on Tuesday and the tracks were pretty dry.
    Forecast for the evening is dry 6-7C with a light breeze.

Let me know who's coming out to play tomorrow evening.

Jamie
  • Jamie- Maybe, depends what time I can leave London tomorrow. Forecast looks better than my usual ride on Sunday...wet and windy again!

John
  • I'll be out tonight, see you around the usual place/time.

Dave
  • See you at 7:00
    Neil
  • Guys,

Sorry late change of plan - no can do tongiht!
    Enjoy your ride - hopefully see you next week

Jamie
  • I can't make it home early enough - turbo time for me...the Southern California DVD, I think, as an antidote to the sludge-fest!

John

Team The Dutch Are Not Coming!
  • sorry Dave, just got in from work so would be late getting over there.
    Maybe next time.
    Neil
  • Solo effort it is then, will try for the hour record, door to door. Give Spartacus something to aim at.
  • Failed! 1h 4m 57s, 55m actual Greenway time. Will have to try it at altitude next.
  • Good time. Can you count 4mins of road crossing time to claim a moral sub hour time?
  • Nope, nice clear run. Think it's best left for daylight and dry conditions.
  • Good effort Dave. I managed an hour on the turbo 'virtually' climbing the hills of Orange County......which is rather appropriate for a 'Dutchman'!

John
  • Hey Dave, have you thought of trying tubs?
  • I don't think it's the tyres on my bike that's the issue, Jane, more likely the one round my middle.
  • Heading out in 10mins for a lap or two. Aiming for the Hitchin entrance to Greenway at 6.45-6.50pm.

Come on, you know you want to!

John
  • In the words of Napoleon Bonaparte - not tonight Josephine

Stuck at home babysitting
  • Good to see you out Dave. I'll give you more notice next time!

Clear, starlit sky overhead, sludgefest underneath. Magic!

John
  • FDFD
    edited March 2014
    Watched A Sunday in Hell last night for inspiration on the turbo......anyone out tonight for what hopefully should be a dry Ronde van Letchworth?

The way I'm going at the moment I could sympathise with Hennie Kuiper in the 4 way sprint finish......4th by a distance!

I will be at the Hitchin entrance to the Greenway at 7.30pm

John
  • I'll be out John, see you at the Hitchin entrance.

Dave
  • Wife away on business so am a single parent for the week - maybe next week

J
  • Another week, another wimp out!
    Managed a lap with Nathan at the weekend though.
    Enjoy,
    Neil