Welcome to the forum

Ronde van Letchworth greenway - Thursday evening

13»

Comments

• Dave

Can now meet at Hitchin entrance at 7pm?

John
  • Can make it for ten past.
  • Great, see you there!
  • Good ride tonight Dave, thanks for the tow.

Best conditions for weeks, almost dry!

John
  • Aiming to be out tomorrow, work permitting.

Went out for a lap tonight...the Greenway was completely dry...even the cut-through behind Knights Templar school was passable! Lovely moonlit ride, didn't see anyone, just the usual kamikaze rabbits!

FD
  • Not out tonight John.

Got my new frame yesterday so there's a whole evening of fettling ahead.

Might join you for a maiden voyage on Sunday though.
  • What time will you be at the Greenway?
    Meet you at the usual place.
    Neil
  • I'm out tonight - would prefer earlier than later - could you make 6:30 at the football fields?
  • 6:30 works for me.
    Will be on the MTB tonight.
  • That gives me a fighting chance!
  • Us London boys can't get home for such an early hour..enjoy your ride and see you soon.

Dave, happy fettling....you will see from Cap'n Pugwash's comments on another post that he's looking to up the ante this Sunday....could be a 50 miler at 15-16mph, rather than the winter rides of 30-35 miles. All good stuff!

John
  • A lone lap as it turned out.
    Hope your mechanical isn't terminal Jamie.
    Good to give the MTB a blow - only trouble the width of the handle bars matches almost exactly the width of pinch styles.
    See if we can coordinate better next time :)
  • Weather looks better tonight than tomorrow evening's expected wind and rain - anyone fancy a lap tonight instead?
  • Finished work early and went for a lap this afternoon. Very dry now.

I will probably still go out tomorrow barring torrential rain.
  • Agree, Dave, the Greenway is dry now...lots of that very fine gravel has settled into the 'ravines' that have formed on the hilly sections, almost like riding in sand...Lots of wheel-spins! Lovely starlit night, Orion's Belt clearly visible towards the East. No-one else around, apart from the usual suicidal rabbits and even some mice/voles nr Standalone.
  • who's thinking of riding out tonight?

I might try and join

I don't have a light though I'm not sure when it gets dark these days
  • An hour earlier than next week!
  • Sunset is 6.30pm, dark around 7pm.

Not out this week as can't make it back from London in time. Enjoy!

John
  • I'm home early this week so can make an earlier start than usual.

Any takers?
  • Sorry Turbo tonight as Mrs Red Van late home!
  • Fastest lap this year, first outing in shorts since last autumn and mostly without lights! Too early for the usual kamikaze rabbits but replaced by numerous dog-walkers and joggers. Very fine gravel now covers the entire Greenway with the loose chippings used to fill the sections washed away in the winter making it tricky in places.
  • Not out last night as I went for a ride in the afternoon instead.

Jamie - all the very best for Paris Roubaix this weekend, hope man and machine make it in one piece!

John