Welcome to the forum

Wells-next-the-Sea

2»

Comments

• I'm in, lights and Garmin charging.

If my wonky knees start playing up too much, I have the option to bail out and catch a train back from Ely or Downham Market. Hopefully will be fine, as long as we keep the pace steady.
  • I'm still in. Have Garmin, lights & food. See you at Arrington.
  • Come on guys... get with the the beer and pork pies. Unless your carrying a couple of kilos in glass bottles, it's just not Wells!

Have fun!
  • I have been looking forward to this since March. But the cosmos had other plans and gave me a chest infection. Totally gutted. Have a wonderful day - such a great ride with a great group of people - stay safe and enjoy!
  • I am in, need to be back a bit earlier so aiming to get train back from Downham Market the 1.08 or 2.08 depending on our progress.
  • Garmin charged and map loaded....
    Small saddle bag...sure there must be shops in Norfolk...
    Tail wind
    All sorted and looking forward to it
  • edited May 2015
    So Adam......you were saying about amending your ride when you've left your Garmin running in the car (or train!!). How's that work again?? (NEVERMIND...FOUND A TUTORIAL)

Thank you all, that was a great ride. Extra special thanks to Jenny's ace Mum & Dad.

I do hope Nathan & other made the train. Sorry guys if you missed it. We envied you for the pint anyway!
  • edited May 2015
    My first Wells ride completed and with 130 miles on the clock my longest ride to date. Thanks all for a fab day and great company. Special thanks to jenny's parents for the excellent refreshment stop - which made the day and to all the navigators for not getting us lost.
  • My first Wells ride completed and with 130 miles on the clock my longest ride to date. Thanks all for a fab day and great company. Special thanks to jenny's parents for the excellent refreshment stop - which made the day and to all the navigators for not getting us lost.
  • Wow! Can we book in Jenny's folks' pop-up Narborough cafe in for September's end o' season Wells ride? Do the have a licence to sell alcohol too? And pork pies? They certainly have a licence to sell nice looking cakes.

Well done riders!
  • You don't get a badge and Jenny's parents tea and cakes :-)
    Well done everyone.
    Repeat the thanks to Jenny's parents.
    My Garmin gave us 124.85 miles.
    16.7mph avg moving speed.
    And a 12mph SW wind. If felt more than that.
    However my Garmim also puts Kings Lynn at 38m below sea level so I do question its accuracy on some measures.
    Sorry to Nathan and Simon who I believe missed the train. It all got a bit confusing getting to the station with 5 mins to spare.
    Was a great day with great company.
  • What a great ride and all-round great day out! Nice weather, fantastic tailwind, empty roads and the cake stop was a life-saver - another big thank you to Jenny's parents.

Sorry we couldn't hold the train for you Nathan and Simon, hope you got back ok.

Well done for organizing this Adam.
  • Memorable bits for me (apart from meeting Jenny's M&D and the splendid spread they put on for us):

# The only downpour was immaculately timed with our stop at Ely Cathedral (and a perfectly placed church porch)
    # Regrouping to ride the last section into KL safely together. (Marred slightly by the train departing without Nathaniel and Simon)
    # Adams cheery 'friend' in Kings Lynn who helped us by demonstrating the pedestrian crossing, without any intention of actually crossing the road

And finally, I pedalled home from Royston as the sun was setting. Legs were tired but I was glowing. T'was a good full day on the bike. Thanks All for making it so
    Garmin said 134 miles with 1200m climbing, 18.3mph to Ely and 16.5mph av for the whole route
  • A brilliant day out, thanks all for the ride and great company. Not sure what mum puts in her blackcurrant jam, but it certainly put the spring back in our step! Sorry to bail out at Wells, hope the headwind wasn't too terrible on the way back to KL. Can't wait to do it again!
  • Ok now I can walk unaided again,I would like to say a big thanx to you all for dragging me round.
    Top job by Emma's ma and pa for the catering.
    Adam for sorting the ride.
    Massive thanks to Steve for keeping me goin when my legs had another ideas.
    Really enjoyed the day furthest I have ever pedalled 128.8 miles...blimey.
    Anyway cu soon .ps nice pics.
  • Looks like a great day out - well done to all that rode.

Jane - looks like you are fit enough for Etape du Dales :)