Welcome to the forum

Club 10 results 24.06.15

edited June 2015 in Time Trial
Not many out tonight, 17 in the end despite being warm. Sadly, not the best night as Andy S was knocked off his bike in Guilden. Not sure of the exact details but think a car turned across in front of him. Andy has gone to Hospital with a possible shoulder dislocation or collar bone injury. Hope you are OK Andy.

Thanks to those who helped out with Andy, especially Claire.

Peter, i forgot to photo the results before you took the kit, can you post them up sometime, no rush.

Comments

• Sorry to hear of the incident. Get well soon Andy
  • edited June 2015
    Results:

1 M. Constable 23.29
    2 S. Field 27.14
    3 R. Bumstead 28.54
    4 P. Tiffin 29.17
    5 D. Jones 29.47
    6 A. Roe 29.58
    7 M. Pullen 30.00
    8 F. Field 30.06
    9 M. Tiffin 30.15
    10 N. Field 30.45
    11 S. Lewis 30.52
    12 S. Watts 31.00
    J. Dow DNF Puncture
    J. Andrews DNF
    A. Skeen DNF
    S. Miles DNF
    D. Wells DNF

Jenny, Steve and Dave all stopped to help Andy.

MC fastest on the night (as expected). Great time from Stuart considering he did the chain gang on Tuesday too! Thereafter pretty tight from 3 to 12.

Great time also by Felix!

Thanks to Finn and Dave H for timekeeping and Tim for a good shove off!
  • Thank you for the timekeeping and a very good push from Tim! A sad night, though, I hope Andy feels better very soon. Is there any way of compensating those that stopped, perhaps a free ride next time?
    Susan
  • Andy, hope you are ok, and have a speedy recovery.

Thanks to Finn and Dave H for timing, and Tim for pushing.
  • Get well soon Andy.
  • edited June 2015
    Best wishes to Andy.
    RankNameClubTimeVTTA TargetVet ResultVet rank
    1Mark ConstableCCA23:29
    2Stuart FieldCCA27:1426:45-00:291
    3Robert BumsteadCCA28:5427:14-01:402
    4Peter TiffinCCA29:17
    5David JonesCCA29:47
    6Adam RoeCCA29:58
    7Malcolm PullenCCA30:0027:20-02:404
    8Felix FieldCCA30:06
    9Matt TiffinCCA30:15
    10Noah FieldCCA30:45
    11Sophie LewisCCA30:52
    12Susan WattsCCA31:0029:09-01:513
    James DowCCADNF00:0000:00
    Dave WellsCCADNF00:0000:00
    Jenny AndrewsCCADNF00:0000:00
    Andy SkeenCCADNF00:0000:00
    Steve MilesStevenage CCDNF
    Despite everything there were 5 PB's, the best of which was Felix
    Good idea, Susan, I should think that will be OK.
    H'cap rankNameTimeH'CapResult timeNew H'cap
    1Felix Field30:0609:1720:4908:31
    2Sophie Lewis30:5209:4521:0709:17
    3Adam Roe29:5808:3621:2208:23
    4Peter Tiffin29:1707:5121:2607:42
    5Stuart Field27:1405:4321:3105:39
    6David Jones29:4707:5421:5307:54
    7Mark Constable23:2901:2322:0601:23
    8Susan Watts31:0008:4422:1608:44
    9Matt Tiffin30:1507:3322:4207:33
    10Malcolm Pullen30:0006:4023:2006:40
    11Robert Bumstead28:5405:3223:2205:32
    12Noah Field30:4504:3226:1304:32
    James DowDNF
    Dave WellsDNF
    Jenny AndrewsDNF
    Andy SkeenDNF
  • Andy get back on your bike soon old chap. Possibly not the one you were riding tonight. Not with those forks and front wheel at any rate. Hope you don't feel too sore and no complications.
  • Thanks to all the helpers tonight and James for the tables.

Andy hope you are back on the wheels again soon.

The Fields
  • Thanks to all and of course get better soon, Andy.
  • Update from Andy... we all wish him a fast revovery.

"Situation is: broken collar bone, three broken ribs, punctured and collapsed lung. They operated on lung last night and I'm stable. They're taking good care of me. In till Saturday maybe."
  • Really bad luck Andy, sorry to hear that. Get better and back on the bike soon.
  • Thanks for the update Andy, sorry to hear there's broken bones. Get well soon.
  • Wishing you a speedy recovery Andy.
  • Bad news on the broken bones Andy. Take it easy and get well soon.
  • SO sorry to hear that Andy.....from one recovering rider to another I am sending healing vibes!

It is a horrible thing to happen and emphasises that this can happen to any of us at any time and anywhere...

Hang in there...if this hasn't happened to you before then after the initial disbelief and playing it over and over in your mind and wishing it hadn't happened you succumb to the healing process and allow time and patience ...BUT know that you will be back..
    And probably stronger than before...!
  • I can't thank all of you enough for looking after me. Thank you guys!

I'm up and moving around. They had to insert a chest drain. Collar bone in three pieces. Hopefully moving out of critical care shortly.
  • And thanks to everyone for all your well wishes. Season over before its began but could have been so much worse.
  • Sounds like I missed an eventful TT last night....

Andy - so sorry to hear what happened and wishing you a speed recovery, take it easy.
  • Ouch! sounds a little worse than initially thought. Im sure you will heal well, shame though as you were going really well. Nevermind, i reckon you will be better just in time for the CX season :)
  • Thanks Tim and all. Bones will heal and my legs came out okay. They can't plate the collar bone due to proximity of broken ribs and chest cavity vent. So will have to heal the old fashioned way.

Wish my bike could do the same!
  • Sorry to hear this - get well soon Andy.
  • Terrible news Andy - wish you a speedy recovery.
  • Vincent, if you still have bike feel free drop it off at Richard 's place to see what can be saved.
  • Andy,

Sorry to hear about the incident and your injuries, get well soon,
    Mark.
  • Cheers Mark
  • Good to hear you sounding so positive Andy, that was some pain you were in last night! Hope you get better quickly.
    Just wanted to point out - I'm sure lots more people would have stopped to help, but we deliberately waved them through- they weren't being callous or uncaring, but we thought it be best not to have a build up of people at the scene, however well-meaning!
    Get well soon...
  • yikes Andy. Been out and just checked in to find you were nearly a basket case. Sorry to hear the news but glad you are on the mend. Given the physical condition you had I'm guessing you will heal fast. Get well soon.
  • You did exactly the right thing Dave, I heard people being waved off and you're right. The right people were already there. Special thanks to Doc Lewis!

Thanks Geoff, they're already amazed at my progress and pain tolerance. They love working on athletes!
  • yes...found that here in Durham....they couldn't believe how fast cyclists healed and that they went the extra mile to get back and working....all power to your full heal.
  • Hi Andy
    Your bike has been delivered to Richard and I will drop your shoes off to your wife. Hope you are mending quickly but just relax and let it happen - you cannot make your bones heal any faster than nature will allow. I hope the knees aren't too sore. That gravel the council put down is evil stuff, as demonstrated by your shredded knees. Keep smiling.
    Claire