Welcome to the forum

Club 10 results 24.06.15

2»

Comments

• Good luck Andy, it was really terrible to see you lying in the road, sorry your injuries will take some time to heal.
    James
  • Nasty 'off' that Sgt Pain

Sounds like you will have some decent scars to accompany the story for years to come!

Get better soon fella and let us know if the clubman's decanter needs to find its way to you :)

Obviously hope there isn't much damage to the bike too...
  • Get well soon Andy.
    John
  • Andy, claire sorted the bike delivery as above. Cops nicked your hat I believe. Serious they took it for testing. Jeepers keepers you don't thing he was into TT testing. I think you can assume it was a gona after the crash though. Best wishes and it goes to show you did the right thing staying put and not moving off the floor in a hurry. I must thank the non CCA riders who stopped to help also. they did a great job keeping you safe.
  • You did exactly the right thing Dave, I heard people being waved off and you're right. The right people were already there. Special thanks to Doc Lewis!

Thanks Geoff, they're already amazed at my progress and pain tolerance. They love working on athletes!
  • Everyone was amazing. Thanks to all of you and all the well wishes I've got on here and on text. It really helps!

They brought my helmet to the doctors so they could assess level of impact I think. I can tell you it saved my life without a doubt.

Good news is that despite all the blood my knees are fine. Just skin. I'm up and walking around.

Bad news is collar bone is in bits and they can't pin it. Off the bike till end August probably. Bike is toast I think. Thanks for delivery Claire! Richard is gonna see if he can salvage anything.

Thanks again everyone, you're all fab.

A
  • This is the club proper in action Andy. Get well. Great excuse for a new bike :-)
  • Good news! They are thrilled and amazed with how quickly I've bounced back. They're sending me home as soon as they can get my pain killers sorted out. Phew!

Thanks again for all your help and support everyone. We're all a bit lucky having this club together.
  • edited June 2015
    Home! Wendy making me a steak!
  • It was a new bike !
  • And wheels!
  • And body!
  • Club Brandy.
  • Yep, all of those things robbie!

Do you have the police cards and incident number Vincent? Or Doc Lewis? I'm home safe now and looking to get the paperwork started.

I've already had a stream of lovely visitors who mostly brought beer! Anyone finished with yesterday's comic?

?
  • Sorry to see you punctured James D! You looked like you had your race face on. A
  • edited June 2015
  • Get well soon fella, sure it won't be long until you're blasting along again!

John