Welcome to the forum

Summer/Winter kit order

edited August 2018 in Kit
Just gauging interest for a summer kit order to see if we can get anywhere near the MoQ for skinsuits or any other kit you may be interested in.

The TMG suits cost £69 last time we ordered. I need to check if this still stands.

Endura skin suits are £90 each, may get these down to £85.50 depending on the total order value

The Endura quality is better than TMG but comes at a cost.

The total number of orders we get will probably dictate which supplier we go with though. So to begin with just post on here if you are looking for summer kit, once we hit the MoQ I’ll confirm the pricing and sizing with you before placing the order.

Spread the word with those you ride with.

Dan

Comments

• Dan, as an additional note I was considering doing a NoPinz order for TT skinsuits and perhaps their aero jerseys too, happy to keep it separate but give people the option..
  • please guys...get real. Kit is hard enough with one supplier. Generating sufficient orders to make a sensible quota is always a challenge. We already have two suppliers and still an excess of kit to clear from the initial order. The colour standard seems to have gone out of the window and now you think a third supplier is on.
    Doing kit is a hard and thankless task but when all are on a clubride in the same kit it looks fabulous and really binds you. Pot pourri colouring and odd bits of favourite trade team kits don't look good.
    Do your best to help Dan in his role
  • HI Chris. Sure no problem. If you want to add the details to this post we can give that as an option.
  • edited February 2018
    Ha, sorry Geoff, posted at the same time.
  • Just to make it clear whoever we go with the kit bag will not take any left over stock. If we don’t reach the MoQ the order will not be placed.
  • Hey Dan, sorry to be a pain but where exactly will I find the list (and hopefully pictures - maybe!) of the choice of kit to order?
    Sue Chimes
  • I don’t have photos of kit but plenty of stock that you can look at (not all in the right size for youth riders). I can bring it along to rollers next week
  • OK thanks Dan - I'll look through the list and see if there's anything I'd like to see (if I don't quite understand exactly what it is!! - I'm trying hard to learn, honest)
  • edited February 2018
    Order tracking...

Skinsuits:
    Mark F x 1
    Jamie Q x 2 (Prefer TMG)
  • Geoff, you can relax, i'm not trying to tread on toes, in that case I will do an order for dedicated TT skinsuits only, no stock will be kept, and will be kept seperate to this. I fully appreciate sorting the kit is a thankless task. But I want to wear Ashwell colours but wont be giving up speed to do so!
  • Geoff, My understanding was Will originally brought in TMG because of the lead time as Endura was simply to slow and has a minimum order of 3 and the TT Guys needed spare Skinsuits i.e if they got ripped/damaged. How many suppliers/different blue colours does a club need!
  • Chris's reply is more than adequate. Thanks Chris. You would understand if you had been there when we started the club. The endless nitpicking discussion on style and colour drove me nuts. I did the kit and started it after bob's initial order to endura in 2000. Their quality and fit were atrocious. I asked Graham England to do a graphic design for cca and after endless discussions on which blue was best we settled on French rather than Italian. I then had to find a supplier who could give us a kit that was professional. This was pro-vision after a while they let us down so we moved to bioracer. They were brilliant but when they got successful also extended delivery to 12 weeks. After 4 years I handed over to tim skelding who greatly expanded our range and introduced the white side strip with yet another supplier reborn endura.
    They also eventually let us down and some didn't like the fitting. For racing William introduced tmg. Endura tried to reproduce our blue and nearly succeeded but tmg is a disaster as they use so many different fabrics which all absorb colour differently.
    Like I said it's a tough gig for kit man.
  • Just gauging interest for a summer kit order to see if we can get anywhere near the MoQ for skinsuits or any other kit you may be interested in.

The TMG suits cost £69 last time we ordered. I need to check if this still stands.

Endura skin suits are £90 each, may get these down to £85.50 depending on the total order value

The Endura quality is better than TMG but comes at a cost.

The total number of orders we get will probably dictate which supplier we go with though. So to begin with just post on here if you are looking for summer kit, once we hit the MoQ I’ll confirm the pricing and sizing with you before placing the order.

Spread the word with those you ride with.

Dan

Order tracking...

Skinsuits:
    Mark F x 1
    Jamie Q x 2 (Prefer TMG)
    Neil H x 1 (prefer Endura)
  • edited February 2018
    Good luck Dan! Hehehehehehe

I brought in TMG for racing gear, their race jerseys/skinsuits although not as hard wearing as endura are faster, better racing fit, cheaper and at the time had a lower minimum order. I never intended to use them for club kit and winter kit really, they just had some nice pieces of kit.

Sticking to Endura for the majority seems sensible and it will also fade less quickly than TMG too (hence the difference in the shade of blue).

Nopinz have a low minimum order, just make sure the blue they use matches the endura kit blue and not the TMG kit blue when you order it Chris.
  • Dan, are both SS short sleeved?
  • Hi Matt, we have the option for both, for now let me know what you would ideally like and then when we get a bit closer to the MoQ we can take another look at everyone's order.

For info

MoQ for Endura is 3 per item but a total order of 15 items is needed
    MoQ for TMG is 10 per item.
    MoQ for Nopinz TBC

Note this order can be for any kit, it doesn't just have to be skinsuits.

• Ok, thanks Dan. Long Sleeve TMG would be my preference
  • Thanks Dan, I will go for the TMG skinsuit please.
  • I’m afraid we are well short of meeting the MoQ for TMG unless people are willing to pay a 50% premium on top of the base price which I’m guessing isn’t going to be that popular. With the TMG MoQ currently so high I can’t see we have any opportunity of ordering with them anytime soon. With Endura we need three of each item but a total order qty of 15 pieces. I’ll keep this post open but there doesn’t seem to be that much desire for new kit at the moment. Just add to this post if you want anything and then we can review when/if we hit the magic number.
  • Dan - Thomas needs a new zip up jacket. He's outgrown youth sizes. Not sure what you call the jacket really but its the windproof showerproof cca zip up race jacket.
  • I know not summer kit, but what do folks race cyclocross in?
  • Hi Ed. Skinsuits. But normal bib shorts and a top will work.
  • edited March 2018
    Ed
    Depends on how cold and how tough you are. And how good you are at growing a beard. For tips on this aspect of CX racing speak to Dan Daniel Dave or Tim - all experts
  • Just in case an order can be put in and also to show my interest in summer kit, I would be looking to order 2x TMG Race Jerseys.
  • All being well sample Endura gear for both youth and adults will be available to try for size at the AGM. If there is enough interest I will start a summer order. I'll also have all the stock kit with me.
  • There just enough interest for an order, there's a few skin-suits, bib shorts and roubaix jerseys on the list. If anyone needs/wants anything now is the time to let me know. Winter kit can be added to this list. I won't be adding anything to stock.
  • I would like a club jersey please. Medium.
  • Thanks Dan. Picked up jersey and transferred money.

John
  • Hi Dan. Please put me down for some new bib shorts. I think size Small, but I've no reference on Endura size. Ideally, to match their race/pro jersey quality. Many thanks.