Welcome to the forum

Zwift - Race Tuesday

12346»

Comments

• Not feeling racey tonight. Gonna go climb Alpe d'Huez!
  • edited July 2020
    Felt quick tonight and was confirmed by the results, the Cat B front group went quicker than Cat A. I made sure I was at the front going into the final climbs, had a feather saved from an earlier lap but panicked and used it on the flat in between the last two climbs. The bunch was very tight and I lost a few places in the last couple of 100m, I'm starting to dislike this course. Looks like I need to take some tips from young Logan who absolutely smashed it in Cat D. Super strong!

• Logan really enjoyed tonight’s race. 20seconds off his PR for this course but he could only go as fast as the bunch he was in. Lead bunch were too fast from the off. Despite it not being his fastest I reckon it’s the best/mature way he’s ridden this one and I reckon he could have done another lap !!
    Apparently me handing him up Satsuma segments definitely helps his energy too.
  • Two invisibilities and a burrito - rubbish power-ups last night! Bit of an unknown, legs were still pretty fatigued from holiday riding, but amazingly finished in the front bunch for the first time in the A's... Don't know if it's the lockdown-necessity or just novelty wearing off with better IRW weather, but numbers are a bit lower in the A's recently, with less pros smashing it up meaning lower pack speeds - what a relief..!
  • Burrito = mid ride nutrition
  • Raced the BC event on Tuesday, over a 100 riders in Cat B. I got dropped on the 'leg snapper' and finished in 17th on ZP. Going to try and make these every week over autumn and winter and hopefully get promoted to Cat A
  • Did a B race tonight... First for a few months.... Far from race fit!!
  • edited October 2020
    Myself, Chris P, MC and Ben raced last night in Cat B. Always good to have a few CCA riders in the bunch. Chris and I managed to stick with the front pack but it was hard to offer anything in the sprint after climbing the leg snapper. Hopefully a different course for next week.