Welcome to the forum

Zwift - TT Thursday

Comments

• Goodness that was unpleasant..forgot how lumpy Yorkshire is. Yes flirting with the A's though i should probably check my weight. Coronavirus beer and chocolate hoarding has been in full effect! The guy from Hitchin Nomads is bloody strong..5w/kg! Be interesting to see how he goes if we have any real Interclub races
  • I saw you go past Chris but was unable to stay with you - life is no different in the A’s - it’s a bit demoralising being at the bottom most of the time - but your still racing against all other Cats in the race & I just try to go for my best time & my position is not really relevant. I would never consider holding back to stay in a lower Cat.
  • I have just been looking in ZP & the Companion app for the TT tomorrow (16-04-20) @ 7.30pm but it does not seem to be listed. I have checked the British Cycling Series dates in their publication & it does have it listed. I have asked the question on the ZP forum & await a response. Can anyone else see it? It won't be the first time an event hasn't been scheduled on Zwift.
  • John - it's now at 6:30 pm, presumably to avoid clashing with the 8:00 pm clap-for-carers. It shows on my Companion app.

Mark F
  • Ah - I’ve just found it too and MC has entered already! Hope to see you there in the virtual world...
  • Yep, 6:30 for the BC 10 miler.

See you there.
  • Going to give this a shot with my free KM's I have this month on Zwift. Should be fun :)
  • edited April 2020
    Results 16th April

B 14 Dave Wells 23:48
    A 63 John Curtin 24:35
    B 38 Matt Scales 24:36
    B 54 M C 25:07
    C 27 Mark Fraser 26:31
    B 74 Alistair McLeish 27:00
    C 44 Steve Miles 27:18

Well done Dave,14th in B
  • Well done all. That was shocking from me, but I knew in my warm up my legs were shot from over training as well as Training Peaks keeps telling me I need to rest!

Good fun, and hopefully next time I'll be in better form!
  • A tough race again - in reality it’s a short effort but does seem to go on for a painfully long time when in race. I rode with Matt & Pat Maher (HNCC) in the last 3rd of the race & managed a bit of a tussle with Matt. Strangely in the TT you can see all other Cats but in the race on Tuesdays I can only see my own Cat members. On to next week now.........
  • Yes John. Difficult to tussle when you are flat out tho!!! Certainly couldn't come back passed at the finish
  • Interclub Team Results

• Well that was so strange tonight! Unfortunately Zwift crashed on transfer for the start. As I had 5 mins I re-started Zwift & it asked if I wanted to continue. On saying ‘yes’ it put me on a turbo completely by myself. I had the jersey, the clock was counting down & I could see all the banter. On starting I was on a course completely by myself - with no other riders listed - but it said I was 1st of 150ish..... As I never got into the TT I backed off & did a steady 10mi by myself. There was no count down to the end so I assumed I was free-riding. However on completing the 10mi I got a placing 518th with 28.49 - not my best result!
  • That’s odd. In some kind of twilight zone! My HRM was giving funny readings. I’ll need to take a look at it. I hope I don’t get booted from ZP :(
  • Despite being the flatest course around, this was extremely tough tonight. I just couldnt hold the watts over the last 6km, with Dan coming passed me and pulling out a few seconds. A battle with MC and Ed meant we were all within a few seconds of each other after 10 miles.

B 102 Daniel Hall (CCA) 24:12
    B 108 Matt Scales (CCA) 24:18
    B 116 M C. CCA 24:21
    B 117 Ed Nelson - CCA 24:21
    C 48 Mark Fraser (CCA) 25:43
    C 83 Steve Miles (CCA) 26:49
  • I also spotted young Logan Ayers who I think is still an Under 10:-

D 38 Logan Ayers (CCA) 33:22

How about that?

And also in the midday edition of the race:-

B 42 James Fraser (CCA) 25:35

He can’t have sat on a bike for more than two hours in total during the entire autumn & winter. I turned myself inside out and he still beat me by eight seconds. That’s youth for you, I suppose... :(

Mark F
  • Cheers Mark, James is now in the team so will appear in the results page.
  • Logan is an U10. He was 9 this February. He found it hard but really enjoyed it. His under 10 cx races rarely last longer than 12minutes so pedalling hard for over 30minutes was a big step up.
    He had said he wanted to try a proper CCA TT this year with Thomas by his side but this was better as his brother wasn’t there to moan at him !
    His watts figures are wrong of course as he’s only 34kg and the minimum you can set is 45kg but I’ve explained To him that it doesn’t really matter as long as he tracks himself and tries to improve.
    When he saw the front of the pack on the loop back he was trying hard to spot other CCA riders
  • edited April 2020
    Interclub results, well done CCA

Updated with Logan and James

• Anna set an early standard in the 12:20 pm edition of the women's race today. 3rd place in the Ds.

D 3 Anna Fraser (CCA) 28:57
  • MC it's the London flat route. One thing they dont point out is the finish will just randomly be on the course..it isnt a zwift banner etc. I think this ones finish is on the way back towards London bridge but before you turn onto it
  • ChrisP & MC : Follow Anna on Strava if you want to see the exact position of the finish today: https://www.strava.com/activities/3374745176

(It's on Millbank right outside Tate Britain)

Mark F
  • Just checking Logan’s points don’t negatively affect the team score?
    If so I can find him another TT.
    It’s just he thinks he’s helping the club and enjoys a TT
  • Great TT tonigh everyone good to have a tussle with Dave - but unfortunately I couldn't stay with you & faded in the 2nd half. Re rayers question above - there is no formal scoring for the informal inter-club. I normally comment on the Nomads FB the club who has the top 5 positions and then the top 10 positions. I might try developing a more rational system
  • Anna did her usual thing: the 12:20 pm edition of the women's TT:-

D 5 Anna Fraser (CCA) 28:57

Funnily enough that's exactly the same time as when she rode the TT two weeks ago.

Mark F
  • Zwift bombed me out at 7.5 miles! I got back in and finished the 10 miles but I wasnt in the race and there is no record of it. I was a minute faster than my best time this year and on for a season best FTP. Ah well theres always next week.
  • edited May 2020
    Logan finished in 33:24 on the finish line but it had him down as 33:51 in the results so definitely playing Up
    He was so excited when Chris Potter went by
    “Look dad. A CCA rider”
  • Rayers how old is Logan? As I will enter his age on the spreadsheet. We now have a HNCC 9 year old participating along with a 9yr old IRC rider. PS - I wasn’t excited last night when I say Chris Potter go by!