Visit British Cycling for the latest guidance on riding during the lockdown... Stay safe all!

7pm Wed off road club run - Full gas.

Leaving the Tuns at 7pm prompt, CX or MTB. Groups of 6 max, we will go off in waves if needed. The route is around 17miles, most of this will be max effort but we will regroup at the start and end of bridleway sections. No one will get lost but you should be prepared for a fast paced ride (think chain gang on gravel type effort but with no drafting).

Comments

• Thanks Dan. Sam and I will be there
  • Hoping to be there
  • I'm planning on being there
  • See you at the tuns...
  • Out of interest would this be doable on a road bike with 32-35c knobbly tyres? Thinking i may be able to more adventures like this on my Trek Domane. Are road pedals going to clog up etc?
  • HI Chris, the worst section is green lane because the ruts are so deep but 32 knobbly would be fine, ill be taking it steady through there and we may even skip that section and carry on the road to hinxworth and pick the route up again there.
  • Despite the awful weather we had the biggest turn out ever for a Wed night blast. We set off in two groups, sending out the young and keen in group 1. Didn't really notice the rain once we got going. Green Lane is an awful section of bridleway and in these conditions it was really tough going. Will avoid it next week.

For the Covid record
    Group 1
    Sam D
    Harley P
    Travis P
    Dave H
    Archie F
    Geoff

Group 2
    Dan H
    Dan D
    Pete D
    Martin H
    Phil K
    Tim D
  • We are on again this week, will split into groups if needed, plan on doing last weeks route but in reverse with the option of bypassing Green lane. 7pm at the Tuns
  • Will be there this week ๐Ÿ˜€
  • see you there Dan!
  • Aiming to be there
  • CHRIS why not use your boardman cross bike. Thatโ€™s what itโ€™s for
  • Thanks Vince ๐Ÿ‘, I'll be there
  • 11 out for the reverse route, better conditions this week and green lane more manageable uphill and with cut grass.

For the Covid record
    Group 1
    Chris L
    Vince F
    Ben R
    Sam D
    Archie F

Group 2
    Daniel D
    Dan H
    Tim D
    Dave H
    Pete D
    James D

See you next week for a new route out to Baldock, look back here early next week to download a copy
  • edited July 19
    Route for this Wednesday, thanks to Dave H for sorting.

Leaving the Tuns at 7pm. See you there. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33387377
  • 12 out for a tough hilly route

Group 1
    Vince
    Sam
    Ben
    Geoff
    Archie
    Iain

Group 2
    Mark
    Dan
    Pete
    James
    Tim
    Daniel.
  • Full gas CX back tomorrow, 7pm at the Tuns. Reverse route but dont worry if you've not been before we will regroup at the end of each off road section. Just be prepared for a tough fast ride. See you there
  • 6 out for the reverse route, great fun and lightening quick. For the record

Dan H
    Ben R
    Lillie S
    Sophie L
    Mark W
    Geoff
  • Cheers for posting the route dan, rode it today as it skims where I live.
    Best fun on bike ever!!