Dave H
    Jenny
    Pete
    Vince F
    Vince P
    Lillie
    Ben
    Thomas
  • Luke, I for one would be up for a Sat/Sun edition of this, but I can't now do until October.
  • Wednesday off road sessions are back on 7th April subject to Gov' guidelines...

Leaving the Tuns at 7pm prompt, CX/MTB/Adventure/Gravel bikes all welcome. Groups of 6 max, we will go off in waves if needed. The route is around 17miles, most of this will be max effort but we will regroup at the start and end of bridleway sections. No one will get lost but you should be prepared for a fast paced ride (think chain gang on mud type effort but with no drafting).
  • Great news! Can’t wait to get out again 👍🏻👍🏻
  • We are on for tonight, leaving the Tuns at 7 prompt. Potentially more than 6 riding tonight so please keep to small groups outside the pub. Bring lights as it will be getting dark as we head back to Ashwell. A bell might be a good idea as well.
  • what sort of tyres are people using for this Dan? sound a lot of fun and i'll be happy to sit at the back technical wise later in the year, but dont want to bring a knife to a gunfight (slick tyre to a mudfest?!)
  • Hi Chris, there will be a mix of all sorts. I run an all round tyre as I can't be bothered to change and they will cope with most conditions. There will be people on gravel tyres with little grip and others on MTB's with loads of tread. Most tyres will be fine for the route we used tonight but maybe not when the trails get wet. Schwalbe X one all round, vittoria terreno mix, challenge griffo or equivalent are still quick on the road. Come along next week and give it a go, the trails we are using are very dry at the moment. I expect we will follow the same route for a few weeks until we get more light.
  • 9 out tonight in 2 groups.
    Thomas, Geoff, Lil, Vin P and Ben in group 1 and myself, Daniel D and newcomers Marc and Richard in group 2.

The trails are running very fast at the moment, good to get a blast in ahead of the club champs and just enough light to get an hours ride in.
  • We are on for Wednesday, leaving the Tuns at 7 prompt. Potentially more than 6 riding so please keep to small groups outside the pub. Bring lights as it will be getting dark as we head back to Ashwell. Plan is the reverse of last weeks route.

Chris P your tyres will be fine for this.
  • Six out tonight, Myself, Tim, Vince F, Marc and 2 newcomers to the Wed ride: Martin L and friend of the club Si R from St Neots. Still dry and fast out there, route was pretty much bang on 15miles and all done in an hour. Was getting punchy on the climbs and felt harder than last week. Will try and do a recce of Green Lane ahead of next week.
  • We are on again tonight, I didn't manage a recce but let's give Green Lane a go. Leaving the Tuns at 7pm sharp. Please stick to groups of 6 outside the pub.
  • A hard ride last night, Vince F smashing every off road section. Green Lane wasn't too bad but it was a real boneshaker along the Ridge Way to get there. We chain ganged back down Northfield Road before the final bridleway section to the Hinxworth Road and finished with a sprint to the Ashwell sign, Tim D taking the honours.
  • edited April 2021
    2 rides on offer from the club this evening. If you're not taking part in Andy's excellent TT series and off road is more your thing then get yourself down to the 3Tuns for a 7pm depart. The trails are still very dry and fast, we will run a slightly modified version of last weeks route. Usual full gas pace for the off road sections but regrouping at the end of each bridleway so no one gets lost. Groups of 6 max outside the pub please.
  • 7 out this week for a slightly modified version of our usual clockwise route. We avoided the worst of the Ridge Way so I think this version will be a keeper from now on. This week we had Ben R smashing it on the front and the rest of us hanging on. The new route is 18.5 miles long and we averaged 15.5mph this week, not bad considering the wind.

• We are on for tomorrow, leaving the Tuns at 7pm. Let's go for a reverse of last weeks route. See you there.
  • 7 out last night, we lost Vince F at Dunton due to a puncture. The rest of us continued on to what was a really tough ride, the route is surprisingly harder in reverse. Great fun going down Green Lane, the MTB's proving too quick for the CX riders on this section. Good to see Richard back, he stopped for a short rest in the mud on Green Lane :awesome: Ben and Martin H on absolute fire at the front this week.
  • Want to ride your bike as fast as you can? Don't want to worry about traffic? Then join the off road ride tomorrow departing the Tuns at 7pm. We will run the same route as last week and regroup at the end of each bridleway. Will throw in some hill attacks, chaingang the road sections and a sprint start to warm you up. See you there.
  • 11 out, followed the same route as last week but a lot less wind so 6mins quicker tonight - just over 16mph avg. Started with a sprint and ended with shouldering our bikes up Ash Hill. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
  • Leaving the Tuns at 7pm on Wednesday for more off road action. Usual route again but clockwise this week. Aiming for a 17mph average if we can, let's push it on all the bridleways and the road. See you there.
  • 6 out this week, not even close to 17mph in the conditions, really tough going on the bridleways and forced to carry my bike for the last few hundred metres of Green Lane. Maybe a new route needed for next week.
  • An early post for next week, try and download the file if you can, we have a newish route to try https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33387377
  • We are on for tomorrow leaving the Tuns at 7pm, see you there. See post above for the route.
  • Although we've had a few nice days Green Lane is still a mess so let's go with the same route as last week. Leaving the Tuns at 7pm.
  • Out and back to Baldock but without Daves hilly add on, then Partridge Hill, the pig farm, out to Hinxworth and then return via the Ridge Way. Leaving the Tuns at 7pm
  • Leaving the Tuns at 7pm, Arbury banks, Hinxworth, Ridgeway, Northfields Road, Green Lane, Biggleswade, Dunton, Ashwell. See you there.
  • Let's go with this...
    Pig farm, out to Hinxworth, Ridge Way then out and back to Baldock Leaving the Tuns at 7pm
  • Pushed back to Thursday this week as we have the AGM on Wednesday. Get your name down for the TT if you still want to ride tomorrow.
  • Off road Thursday for this week only... Leaving the Tuns at 7pm, Arbury banks, Hinxworth, Ridgeway, Green Lane, Biggleswade, Dunton, Ashwell. See you there
  • Off road Thursday for a second week as the football is on Wed night. Brand new route: Ashwell Street, Royston, Icknield way, Ducks green, Park Lane, Slip End. Leaving the Tuns at 7pm