Welcome to the forum

***CCA Club Hill Climb Championship - Hatch Lane, Baldock - Sunday 4th October, first rider 09:31***

2»

Comments

• Where is everyone else. This is the event of the year.
    Keith, this is tailor made for you.
    Carmelo?
    Come on cca.
  • Ah just seen Keith is on the start list. Cool
    Pity about Chris L.
  • I'm still in 😃 🌦🌧
  • @Martin.... Belgium beers at the top i pressume? 🤭
  • Maybe a Belgium Umbrella!
  • Forecast tomorrow is utterly abysmal so I’d say the club run after the event is off. Just the hill climb for me. Driving over. A few mins of pain. Driving back. Hot chocolate.
  • Hi All, I pulled the order around a little to allow the Junior girls to have a race-within-a-race. Daniel, please note your earlier start time and Ellie, you start slightly later just after your Dad! Cheers.
    1. Lillie S. (F) - 09.31
    2. Daniel D. - 09.32
    3. Mark W. - 09.33
    4. Rob B. - 09.34
    5. Tim S. - 09.35
    6. Keith L. - 09.36
    7. Martin L. - 09.37
    8. Adam S. - 09.38
    9. Matt S. - 09.39
    10. Dave W. - 09.40
    11. Matt P. - 09.41
    12. Mitchy - 09.42
    13. Vince F. - 09.43
    14. Ella F. (FJ) - 09.44
    15. Ellie M. (FJ) - 09.45
  • Hi Vince,
    The parental consent form is specific for CTT, so please bring along a signed copy of the document in the following link HERE or scan and send a signed copy back to me. I'll make sure that we have a hard copy available tomorrow so you can sign it, just in case.
    Thanks!
  • Thanks Andy, ideal if you can bring the form. I will bring the pen.
  • Hi Vince, Form printed off, will be waiting for you when you arrive. Cheers.
  • Hope it's laminated!!
  • It's even raining in Watopia!

• Great turnout considering the weather! Huge thanks to Andy and Jenny for making it happen and braving the weather.

Enjoy your Sunday in the warm and dry everyone!
  • edited October 2020
    The CCA Club Hill Climb Champs took place this morning in foul weather: cold, wet (raining though not torrentially :-) and with a headwind to the finish. Yet none who had applied pulled out. So our full field of 15 made their starts from the foot of the Chalk Hills, Baldock climb and raced to the bridge over the A505 shortly after 9.30 a.m.

And the results were as follows (first claim CCA Club members compete for the Championships).
    1. Mitchy 2 minutes, 12 seconds (2:12)
    2. Matt P. 2:31*
    3. Adam S. 2:33
    4. Martin L. 2:42
    5. Lillie S. (F) 2:47*
    6. Dave W. 2:49
    7. Vince F. 2:50
    =8. Matt S. 2:51
    =8. Rob B. 2:51
    10. Skelders 2:58
    11. Ellie M. (FJ) 3:05*
    12. Keith L. 3:11
    13. Daniel D. 3:15
    14. Mark W. 3:30
    15. Ella F. (FJ) 3:50
    * Denotes CCA Club Category Hill Climb Champion 2020.

It seems that Mitchy and Ella were both competing in a particularly muddy British Cycling Trophy series cyclocross race yesterday in the Lake District and got home after 10:00 p.m. last night. And Dave W. himself competed in a wet Crit yesterday. Chapeau to all!

The group returned to the start to hear the results in socially distanced fashion out of the wind and rain. Thanks to Jenny for her help as starter. And thanks to all who attended for following Covid guidelines throughout. :-)

That concludes our truncated 2020 TT season. We hope that things on the Covid front will be improving by the Spring of 2021 so that we can compete over a full season. Thanks for your support, stay safe this Autumn and Winter and hope to see you out on the road or virtually sometime before we're able to compete again. :-)
  • I’d like to say it was fun, but that’d be a porky pie!!! That said, thanks a lot Andy and Jenny for putting this on. Very much appreciated
  • Ditto thank you so much all !!
  • Thanks Andy and Jenny plus all hardy racers. It was a real event and competition today.
    These intense race bursts are doing me a lot of good.
    Can really enjoy my sloth afternoon now.
  • Thanks Andy and Jenny. A great event to finish the season.
  • (and start the season)
  • That was brilliant! It did take me until midday to feel warm again but it was a great event.
    Thank you to Andy and Jenny.
  • Well done all, thanks to those that pulled this event together. I was definately questioning my sanity this am, but as always a great event!