Welcome to the forum

Zwift Racing League - Winter Series

Comments

• edited September 2021
    Bit of practice is a good idea 👍

Also, can anyone advise if the Team TT events are completed on standard road bikes or include TT specific models ?

Cheers
  • No TT bikes for TTT, they don't draft. So just best road bike you have... Normally Tron if you have acquired.
  • Thanks Matt,
    One more. does anyone know if allowed to TTT with a disc wheel on the road bikes?
  • Disc wheels ok I believe
  • Anyone up for TTT practice Tuesday evening?
  • I should as have not raced a TTT before.
  • Working Tuesday evening.
  • I see we have to have a designated jersey this time we all need to wear.
  • We went with the Digi blue camo again, but you get auto assigned it when you join.
  • I can’t do tomorrow eve, sorry
  • Apologies - I can't make a TTT session this evening either
  • I can do this evening, if not too late.
  • Doesn't look like enough can make a practice run.

I think I'll do this race this evening if anyone is interested in joining.

https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=2285588
  • I've just signed back up to Zwift, will try and get a couple of races in before the new season starts
  • Just did first race since the winter - not nice. Definitely out of shape race-wise.
  • edited September 2021
    I found this schedule of the upcoming league races - and thought it a good idea to share:

To prep for the imminent beastings, I've entered the 7.20pm Mad Monday race this evening which has a vibe similar to the upcoming nutty races.

Interestingly - see the description - you'll see there are two race options for this... One is aimed at riders who are gasping in the lower half of their w/kg category, the other is for those suffering in the top half. i.e. I'm against others in Cat B, 3.6 - 4.0 w/kg. No point in looking for an easier ride. Obvs, the other Cat B race is for those looking around 3.0 - 3.5 w/kg, etc.

Maybe see you there? I can jump up the CCA Discord channel if anyone wants to banter beforehand. 24hr-only Discord link:

https://discord.gg/juYG3wDE

• Cheers Martin.

Planning on a Saturday arvo/eve TTT training session ahead of next week's round 1.

For those wanting to join in this and future training sessions, make sure you are following me on Zwift so I can send you a meetup invite.

I'll post a new thread.
  • With my shift pattern I’ll only be available for rounds 2,4,6,8 & P2 if we’re in it
  • Had a recce of the TTT route last night, and it is almost entirely flat apart from the short volcano section. No doubt it will be completed quite quickly when at full gas.

Wondering how much sustained power I would need to be competitive/useful in the B squad, from a "lighter" rider perspective...
  • Do we race the opening qualifiers chaps? these start next tuesday correct?
  • I thought we did Chris, not sure now!!
  • Cheers Graham. My son's footie training is Tuesday so in reality, might only be able to participate in a couple of rounds.
  • The first 2 races are normal races for returning teams. For new teams, however, WTRL will use these races to evaluate whether they have been placed in the correct divisions.
  • edited September 2021
    Hi all, ZRL seems to have got all very formal since last time. I have just noticed that we need to recruit 4 riders for each team by tomorrow. 😬.
  • That means 4 for A and 4 for B. I need to look into it further but pretty sure I read you can ride for two teams so it doesn't matter what names we get down, we just need to get names down. Fast. Watch this space as I try and press some buttons on the WTRL site.
  • OK, we need Zwift ID numbers pretty fast. Can you PM me with Zwift ID numbers so we can can get at least 4 registered with A and B. We can have a maximum of 12 down for each team ultimately. So we can still mix and max as last time. Thanks.
  • Well spotted Matt. Do we submit these for each race then?
  • edited September 2021
    Looks like we have until 4pm Sat.

Zwift IDs to Matt, as above, for those wanting to race Tuesday...
  • Do we know what times the races are yet for A and B?