Welcome to the forum

HILL CLIMB - Interclub Sun 7th Oct

Comments

• That was me James, although i don't recall being overtaken, never by a MTB!

I'd already been up and down that hill 3 times and was going to call it a night, but then when you guys appeared i decided to give it another go, and chasing you guys up that hill gave me a PB!
  • How about for an adjusted time...you get 1 second knocked off your time for every pound over the winners weight?
  • You could always handicap it like a horse race and add weights to the lighter riders to bring them up to weight of the heavier ones. Mind you, you'll need a lot of weights to get Daniel Maynard up to the same weight as Dad!

I didn't think it through, did I?

Vic
  • I think you might end up getting nicked with that comment.

You didn't think it through did you !
  • A second per pound is a bit much. Maybe just get fitter?
  • Ah, common sense prevails
  • Hi, what time will the race start on the 30th? - I'm coming from Hitchin so will meet you there. Cheers - andy
  • Andy,
    In theory its 9.30. but i will do the signing on in Ashwell from 9.00 and then we will all ride over so it will be more likely around 10.00.

see you there
  • Interclub Hillclimb booking is now open: Book a place

Please sign-up, remember we are 2nd in the IC competition and anyone can score points for the club, note the following comment on the Beds Road forum:
    "Be great if we can get as many entries as possible into the hill climb event, the interclub competition is very close, cc Ashwell, will push us to the line, and we need as many riders in this as possible to retain the trophy. "
  • Thanks, signed up.

What is the overall points position of the Interclub series and how close are we to 1st?
  • Anyone know where the IC hill climb is?
  • It's in on Sharpenhoe Road between Sharpenhoe and Streatley, Bedfordshire.

Apparently it's only 400m and the winning time last year was 2.15.

Tim or Stef - where does it start and end on the hill?
  • Ive just signed up for the Inter club HC. not many entries as yet but more CCA than other clubs so far.

Pearce, i will try and find out the current standings but we are second at the moment and are likely to stay that way.

Yes, its up the Clappers. Funnily enough, i rode up there today. Not sure of the exact start position but likely to be somewhere near the car park and there is a white line on the road at the top just after the clappers car park. I guess thats the finish. Ive never been up there before and was expecting something steeper (wont be saying that on the 7th, obviously)
  • it started just above the pub car park last year, there were only 2 of us from cca last year - need lots more this year

i think looking back the standings are:
    brcc 1202
    cca 1029
    hn 715
    IR 404
  • Tim,

For the club HC can we sign on at the bottom of the hill rather than in Ashwell?

I'm only 50/50 for either event at the moment as my sciatica is playing up again, but I will sign up for the interclub. If you're doing the Clappers properly you should bring up your breakfast just over the line.....

Darren
  • yes, no problem. I just want to get most to sign up in Ashwell to avoid congestion at the start and upsetting the locals.

For hill climbs always best to have v. small / no breakfast!!
  • hi, for the Baldock climb - how far after the top r/h bend is the finish? - many thanks - andy
  • The finish is the middle of the new road bridge. nice fast finish!
  • Finish line is at bridge over the bypass... The flat bit after the top r/h bend is nearly as long as the hill!
    http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=51.973722~-0.183228&lvl=16&dir=0&sty=s&eo=0&form=LMLTCC
  • I like that course - I'm going away to design an R-SYS at morfs into a Comete
  • Unable to do 30th..
    I have signed up for the IC on the 7th..
  • Ok then...

Signing on for sunday will be in the Tuns car park at 9.00 (if you are late or coming from elsewhere you can sign on at the start but doing most of it in Ashwell saves too much disruption at the start area where there is little parking). Entry fee is £2.

at about 9.15 ish when everyone is signed on we will ride over/ get warmed up.

We will start when everyone is there. The start area is tight and is next to a housing estate so could we have as few cars there as possible and can we remember it is early on a sunday morning and respect the locals. Also if you are waiting for your start could you please keep OFF the road and on the grass green area.

No warming up on the hill once the race has started.

Most people will carry on for a club ride afterwards so even if you dont want to race come and watch and then carry on afterwards.

Just a reminder that there are no marshals, this is not a closed road, there will be traffic on the hill and normal road rules apply.

And lastly Could i have a volunteer to do the starting?
  • I'm happy to do the start Tim.

Much better than riding it!

Lindsey
  • Has anybody got a route in mind for a ride after. Hoping to stay and ride but depends on route / length
  • Thanks for organising Tim; I've uploaded the photos here
  • Photos look great. Thanks for snapping
  • Great photos, thanks Jon.

And if you enjoyed that.... sign up for the Inter Club hill climb next Sunday and help CCA challenge Beds for 1st place overall.
    Book here
  • Does anyone know where the interclub hill is? I want to try and find it on google street view to get an idea of what its like! No car now so can't just drive4 there
  • edited September 2012
    It's on Sharpenhoe Road between Sharpenhoe and Streatley, Bedfordshire.

There is a pub at the bottom, it starts just after the pub car park and there is a line on the road that marks the finish. It doesn't finish anywhere near the crest of the hill so no sprint finish like today.

See you there!
  • Google Street View here.

Good luck!