Welcome to the forum

Zwift - Tuesday Virtual Club Ride

2»

Comments

• Cheers Taff
  • Holy moly that was tough... thanks Taff 😃
  • Myself, Steve, Tim and Graham this evening taking on the Surrey hills. Still feeling the effects of man flu I held onto Graham and Steve. Tough riding tonight. Maybe a flatter course next week?
  • 20 miler across Watopia flattish lands tomorrow (3rd March) 8pm.

Invite out to those following me. If you want to ride, follow me through the Zwift Companion app and I can send you the invite.

Aiming for around 3w/kg Av.

Ride on!
  • Who’s on tonight? I’ll try to make it. Deffo not pressing on
    (My bike only has big ring working atm so if inclines get too hard I’ll just roll off back no worries about me)
  • 6 out, Matt P, Steve F, Paul H, Taff, Nat and myself. 20 mile route around jungle and coast. We finished at around 56 mins. 3.15w/kg for myself.

Cheers all
  • Thanks Matt and all. Good ride as always. I do like that course.
  • So apparently you can actually go as easy or as hard as you like and it keeps everyone together (within a few meters)! There was no need to hold wheels last week. Hahaha! You learn something every day.

So these rides would be inclusive for someone in the club who could only ride at 2w/kg, right? We should make that more clear! There must be plenty of members with zwift who get put off by the higher power. (That could be total rubbish, idk!)

Thanks for organising this/these Matt
  • Yes Nat, absolutely. Anyone can ride, nobody gets dropped..you can even do your own workout whilst riding with the group as Dave Wells did before.

The power the YOU put out will be the power that gets recorded. It's just you will get pulled along the course at a slightly higher speed to ride / finish with everyone else.
  • Next time Gadget, next time....
  • Something I have only just managed to work out, it is possible to join late by joining a fellow Zwifter on the first screen, but then there is no elasticbandability factor.
  • 3 out tonight, Richard P, Steve F and me. 24km up and down the Volcano. Good times...

Keep your eyes peeled for a more regular timetable of events,including individual TT, Team TTs

Ride on!
  • Who do I need to follow to be invited to these Zwift rides? I can’t see the rides on CCA Strava & the names here are not those (I assume) on Zwift. I am John Curtin on Strava & Zwift.
  • Follow me on Zwift. I invite those with CCA as a suffix to their username i.e. Matt Scales (CCA)
  • Thanks Matt - I will follow you but keep my HNCC - although I have 2nd claim but can only use one on ZP. I have also just been contacted by Iknield CC re the possibility of some future inter-club meets. Rgds