Welcome to the forum

Zwift - Race Tuesday

Comments

• Yes you’re correct. I’m not sure where I got the other time from. Anyway - on to the TT on Thursday now......
  • ZP has booted more people from the race, now 11th.
  • Just realised the incorrect time I listed & comments were based on last weeks race. The results were so slow to come up I must have looked at last week in error!
  • 6 up again for tomorrow at 7:30 for the BC race on zwift , everyone having a crack at B Cat, see you there.
  • @MC sign up to Cat B, you will get DQ racing in Cat D
  • Bonkers hard race, up, down and around Central Park. Felt I was slow to start and in the the bottom half of the 250 strong field. To my surprise I keep seeing CCA names around me, first MC, then Dan and Nick. We stay in our group of 20 ish riders for most of the race. A longer incline on lap 2 forced a split and I found myself digging deep to go with it. I was desperately looking at the gaps to work out whether I should keep putting the effort in or give in and settle for a sprint out. I could see a few seconds gap had formed to my CCA compadres, so I kept at it!!!... just 2k to go!!

Looks like it was a sprint fest in the group not far behind between Dan, MC and Nick... Nice work everyone. Great to see so many riding.

B - 110th Matt Scales 25:45
    B - 115th Dan Hall 25:57
    B - 116th Nick Mingo 25:57
    B - 121st MC 25:58
    A - 116th John Curtin 27:11
    B - 173rd Ed Nelson 30:19
    B - 179th Richard Lawrence 42:17
  • I joined late and seemed to get off the line nearly last despite the effort I was putting in. I saw the main group spread out quickly and go down the road and managed to stay with a group of 5 until the sprint to the line. We must have been the tail enders of the A Cats.
  • Flat race this week... London. Only half an hour of pain! 4 CCA already signed up
  • Will try and give this a go on fried legs! Matt i've signed up to your discord server, will try and log in tomorrow for it?
  • Chris, I can barely breath on race day let alone chat!!! Maybe a pre race conflab?...
  • edited April 2020
    ZP results for 14th April...

A 101 John Curtin 24:23
    B 12 Chris Potter 22:26
    B 45 Dave Wells 23:15
    C DQ Dan Hall 23:54 ( Naughty boy)
    B 66 Matt Scales 24:15
    B 83 Nick Mingo 25:01
    B 86 M C. 25:03
    C 19 Mark Fraser 25:02
    C 20 Ed Nelson 25:02
    B 12 Jenny Andrews 25:22 (Woman's Race)
    D 19 Richard Lawrence 31:08

Well done Chris, stonking.
  • The shame!
  • I made a pact with myself to try and be in the front group after the first major hill, i timed my charge well and emerged in the top few as we turned right on the little out and back and it seemed to split up there. Once over the start finish the group had formed and i could take a breather! It all kicked off on the drags out of the tunnel with out 2.5k to go where it started splitting up and I just did all i could to stay as far forward as possible. I have zero sprinting prowess especially on tired legs so whimpered over the line! top stuff, great work all!
  • edited April 2020
    Volcano circuit tonight... It's gonna get hot!
  • Going to give it a go Matt. Have done the Zwift power link up, added CCA to my name and followed you... so hopefully all good.
  • I'm coming for you Matt!
  • Should be there later too.
  • edited April 2020
    Keep going for another 2 laps to get the Volcano circuit 5 laps badge and a bonus 1000 XP. Although tbh I'm not sure if it counts if you do it in an event...
  • Stef, good to have you onboard. I can't see you on Zwift Power, have you put the request to join the CCA team?
  • Game on Dan!
  • I have now Matt, thanks for the prompt. "See" you later.
  • Added you!
  • edited April 2020
    I feel you pain MC.

Results for 21st April...

B 2nd Graham Askew 21:39
    B 35th Dave Wells 22:50
    B 45th Daniel Hall 23:18
    B 49th Matt Scales 23:19
    A 92nd John Curtin 24:48
    C 16th Mark Fraser 24:33
    B 73rd Stef Dixon 25:02

Me and Dan fighting it out to the line.... It was half a second, not 1 second!!! ;o)

Graham, stonking 2nd!!
  • A couple more CCA’ers were in the 12:20 pm women’s race today too:-

B 15th Jenny Andrews 25:24
    D 5th Anna Fraser 29:01

Mark F
  • Well done everyone. Was a great racing Matt, I thought you had got away so was relieved when I made it back to your group. Lets try and close the gap to Dave W next week.

Ed Nelson also missing from the results, a couple of places behind Mark F from memory but perhaps not on Zwift Power?

What happened to Taff, I'm sure he was on the start line?

Plus if you have Zwift but not racing in this series what are you waiting for, really makes a difference having team mates in the same race.
  • I was in the C group, 27 mins, 98th. I've got a lot of catching up to do! Third race and slight improvement each time.
  • Great work all, i didnt fancy a race last night so some efforts around London instead! We really need to organise ourselves into one of the Team Time Trial races - think we'd be pretty good!
  • Not sure why I was not pulled through onto ZP, as I was last week with same set up and account. My only observation is that on Zwift app my HR for the race looked a bit blocky, like not reading as accurately as normal - so maybe that’s why? Not sure
  • edited April 2020
    Ed, you are listed in ZP in fact but you’re shown with an “UPG” against your name in the results (ZP says that your minimum category is B ). I’ll be sorry to see you leave the Cs - now I’ll have to fend for myself against our friends from Hitchin Nomads!

Mark F
  • 11 signed up for this evening, I think that's the most we've had. See you at the start line.