Welcome to the forum

Zwift - Race Tuesday

Comments

• Logan is really enjoying these events and starting to recognise some familiar names. He raced with a bit more of a plan this week. Went out like a rocket as usual (cant get those CX starts out of him) and after a few attempts to stick with some faster riders and bit of time in no mans land on his own he settled in with 3 other riders including I Wheaton from HNCC and 2 others. At times it was uncomfortable for him but he drafted well, and took his turns on the front, but saved some for the big hill on lap 2. Wheaton suddenly dropped, perhaps a bike/equipment issue, but was still going. Logan took that as his opportunity to push on. The other 2 riders got away without about 1km to go and had a battle to the end but Logan kept on pushing till the end. Quick shower and a Magnum ice cream and he was all recovered. Oh to be 9 years old and full of energy. He was really pleased to get his in ride thumbs up from Stef too.
  • Well done Logan. Takes me a lot longer to recover from these races, hence the week off this week. Will be back next week. I might give the recovery Magnum tip a go this week!
  • Well done Logan with Tuesdays Race & what’s interesting now is that we have three 9 year olds - one from each respective club in Thursday’s TT. A race within a race.....
  • This week it's Central Park, with the Gotham Grind circuit. It's a lumpy one!
  • Lunchtime edition of the women's race:-

D 6th Anna Fraser 35:09

Gotham Grind is a constantly rolling circuit so the race soon split into many small groups. With four miles to go Anna made a small mistake and lost the draft when riders surged so she ended up riding alone between groups. Good time trialling practice to the finish.... ;)

Good luck everyone racing tonight.

Mark F
  • It was a hot evening for indoor racing! Tuesday 2nd June results:

All Cat B

8th Dan Hall 25:09
    20th Dave Wells 25:21
    25th Stef Dixon 26:15
    28th Matt Scales 26:28
    39th Ed Nelson 30:05

I got dropped on the climb on the same course a few weeks back so was pleased to stay with the bunch right to the end this week and I think most of the CCA riders were together for the best part of the first lap, I managed to shake Dave off on the last climb. I must try and commit more to the sprint next week.
  • Yep, stayed in for first 6km before getting spat out!! Think I was closing of Stef at the end but I was not in a physical state to look at the time gaps!!!
  • Going to do the WKG mini crit tonight for lols
  • what time is that Matt? Might join as loving the crits at the moment!
  • 19:55 I think
  • Didn't see you Chris. Think I was disqualified for no HR monitor!! At least my watts were up a bit more albeit over a shorter distance!
  • Yeah couldn't make it in the end - viewed a house last night and didn't get back in time :( i really like the mad, short format - think it works really well.

I also should have realised i can just see when friends are signed up for events!
  • Race night tonight, 7:30, heres a reminder of tips from Chris... the first 5 or so minutes will be the hardest on the lumpy lead in. Would advise going full gas up the hill after the 90 degree right as that's where the group will split. Keep on the peddles until you get onto the redbrick for the start of the lap, "recovery" starts there as it will settle down and you can sit in the wheel much easier.
  • From the lunchtime edition of the women's race:-

D 2nd Anna Fraser 29:55

It looked like this might become her first ever Zwift win but it wasn't to be - she had nothing left for the sprint.
  • Cheers Dan, or fall off just before the climb like I did last time!!!
  • Well done all

• edited June 2020
    Tuesday 16th is Volcano circuit. 4 laps of just over 4km.

19:30 Start, pre race banter on msg chat from 19:00!!

See you there
  • I'll see you about 4k in, when I've been dropped from the A's...😂
  • Go for it Dave... You might be surprised!
  • Lunchtime edition of the women's race:-

C 11th Anna Fraser 28:20

Tried hard, new FTP.

Retired multiple track world champion and current pursuit world record holder Sarah Hammer is riding the men's C category race this evening.

Mark F
  • Well done Anna, strong!
    In my first A race last week, I was soundly beaten by former world TT champ Michael Rogers, they're all at it...
  • edited June 2020

• Wow, there's some tight CCA competition in the B's, pretty close...
  • All Cats go out tonight at 7:30. Get signed up, see you there.
  • Going to make the most of the weather and get out on the road this week. Need a bigger fan for indoors!! Have a good race
  • edited June 2020

Lightening quick lead out with the Cat A's, I lost the bunch after 1.5 laps.
  • Likewise for Logan. He managed to stay in some good groups for first lap and a bit and then found himself in no mans land for too long. Quite a bit slower than his last attempt on this route but he was happy enough.
    Quick dip in the pool to cool off followed by a twister ice lolly.
  • That's how all races should end, great work Logan.
  • IT nightmare for me - don't know if it was too hot in the garage or whether the new graphics card wasn't adjusted, but from the start it was running super-slow, only changing frames about once every 3 seconds, and riderless bikes and bits of bikes everywhere - like a slow motion crashing peleton... Lasted 2.5 miles not knowing if I was at the front or the back, then had to bail; it was unplayable. Try again this morning...🙈
  • Race night on Zwift tonight, Volcano circuit and all off at 7:30 again. Going to be a fast start!