Welcome to the forum

Zwift - TT Thursday

Comments

• I aim to please - often unsuccessfully. Forgot how hard an almost perfectly flat TT is. Strewth. Cant wait to get outside again
  • Logan is 9.
  • Matt, did Alistair M bomb out too, he's not on the list. I was coming up to him when I bombed out.
  • Alistair & Rob Bucky added in v2.
  • edited May 2020
  • edited May 2020
    Well done Logan
  • Matt - I realised that I’d had the turbo setup wrong with far too much pressure against the wheel from the turbo roller.
    Got it set better now and now he’s flying.
  • Results from 28th May

• Women's race, 12:20 p.m. edition:-

D 2 Anna Fraser (CCA) 30:28
  • Well done Dave - I was about 2 seconds behind you for most of the second half of the TT but just couldn't get any closer and you managed to get away a bit at the end. Kudos! (John Curtin HNCC/CCA)
  • edited June 2020
    Logan’s plan tonight was to start like a maniac and see how many CCA riders he could see ahead before you all zoomed off. Well a 10w/kg+ sprint start saw him shoot straight amongst the B’s and some A’s and I think he saw all of you.
    So mission accomplished.
    He went on to have a really strong ride this week. Messed up once on the little steep climb but got it right every other lap.
    Well done all.
  • Thanks John, yes, I did see you creeping back up on me towards the end- I was cooked, so didn't think I'd get away with it...!
    Well done Logan- impressively powerful start!

Well done everyone
  • Lunchtime edition: win!

D 1 Anna Fraser (CCA) 28:31

• Nice, great work Anna
  • Brilliant Anna! Some strong results in the Fraser household generally this week, have you both gone on a beetroot diet...?
  • Only if beetroot is used as an ingredient in salted caramel ice cream? We've eaten a lot of that.

Zwiftpower has just upgraded her to C Category so it's going to be a whole new world now...
  • Whoop whoop, well done Anna! Good luck in cat C, you'll be great.

And thanks for the tips on the ice cream, I'll be sure to try that one!
  • Well done Anna
  • Logan has made a thing now of starting really fast to see how far forwards he can get.
    Well tonight he ended up in 1st place overall for about 20seconds. If he had stopped then he would have been happy.
    He did well in the sprint section too with a 3rd fasted in category. He says he’s starting getting the hang of TT’s now. Watching his w/kg and trying to use the gears better.
  • I had a mechanical, gears started jumping. I had to stop so came out. Well done all who completed.
  • You flew past me MC just before the finish line!!
  • Back in the desert today, a flat, dull one suiting big, strong legs...
    I, however, did the 12.20 edition, as I've got a meeting tonight.

Dave Wells (CCA) 24:06 (A)

44th out of 45 in the A's, very humbling, although still within my 2 watt tolerance for time trials... Give me a (slightly) lumpy route any day!

Good luck for tonight!
  • Couldn't get on to the BC TT as my internet died, did Tempis Fugit route instead, did 23:47 for 10 miles at 296w (back on the real life TT bike)
  • Hope this link works. Results from the IRC guys. https://www.ircttresults.co.uk/interclub/
  • I’ve had a dip in fitness as not ridden as much due to work, which is annoying.

The weigh penalty on Zwift seems very harsh. That course was flat, and MC put out way more Watts.

Thanks to those that administer the scores etc!
  • Women's race, 12:20 p.m. edition:-

C 6 Anna Fraser (CCA) 28:54

She was 15w down on power due to the heat, despite (or maybe because of?) me spraying water at her during the race.