Welcome to the forum

Zwift - Race Tuesday

Comments

• Meeting tonight, so I've got to do the 12.20 edition. Computer meddled with, so finger-crossed for usable performance... Not sure that I can say the same for the legs though...🙄
  • edited June 2020
    Lunchtime edition of the women's race:-

C 4th Anna Fraser 29:20

Out of just four finishers - almost everyone else in her category was either sand-bagging (and therefore disqualified), and/or they weren't registered with ZwiftPower.
  • Lunchtime men's race:

A 21st Dave Wells 23:44

Last but one out of 22- strangely not many sandbaggers in the A's..! Still, had a great race with the front group of the B's.
  • edited June 2020
    Taff and Chris really strong in the finish and a cracking result for young Logan. Good racing with such a large CCA bunch

• Good race for Logan too. Managed to get himself in a decent group and stayed till the sprint at the end. Think he’s now realising the advantage of being on a group
    New PR tonight.
  • Strong front group at the start (or bad legs from me) but couldn't stay there for long and found myself off the back with Ed and 2 others. No idea really what happened from there, more riders came from behind but didn't sweep past, others fell back and the group I was in fragmented up the last climb. Zonked at end. Bonkers
  • Can’t seem to hang with the groups I think I used to before. Perhaps am going off too hard, and missed a few weeks. Not sure. Get gassed and fade. Great to see CCA names pop up. Well done all!
  • Same for me Ed, don't know what it is
  • the last few races we have gone out with the A's so I think the start is a lot faster than what we would be used to in a normal B race.
  • Good point Dan
  • Race night tonight, A's, B's and C's go out separately tonight so hopefully the start but will be a bit less frantic. See you on the start line. 7:30 BC series
  • Leg snapper!
  • See you about 7.34, then!😉
  • Annoyingly time added again to Logans result. He crossed the line at 31:48 But result time of 32:34.
  • I've been leaving the sprints a bit too late in recent races, this week I went too early, was in 1st with about 150 to go and then got swallowed up by the pack. Happy with 4th though

• Had to stop to change my settings... Will teach me to mess around!
  • Careful you don't electrocute yourself Dan when you flick the switch later!
  • edited July 2020
    Finally got one over Chris P, went a bit early and 2 went past me on the line. Not sure I'll ever be strong enough to win a sprint on Zwift but getting closer

Sorry Rob, results now updated with Logan.
  • edited July 2020
    Well done all.
    Logan got involved in a sprint with another rider with 500m to go.
    Battling they reeled in another rider right on the line. Logan thought he’d been pipped but he got the sprint ! 0.2 between the 3 of them
    4th on Zwiftpower about a minute behind the podium so definitely did all he could have done.
  • London Calling....

Long time since raced around the capital. Get signed up and your ebike on charge ready!

Motors on at 7:30
  • see you there Matt.
  • edited July 2020
    Flat race today, I wasnt quite ready for the sprint and left myself with too much work to do.

Great work by Logan again

CCA results below...
  • Was tempted to try and jump across to Stef's group, down to 8 secs at 1 point. Experience told me it would be thankless so just sat in my group.

Well done all
  • Yes I saw you closing on us Matt but its so hard to bridge gaps in Zwift races. I found the early pace really tough which is why it all split up I think. Was well placed in group 2 with a mile to go but messed up the sprint.. went way too early. Good fun as always.

Well done all. Especially Logan podiuming in the D's.
    Rider weights in that race arnt something you'd see very often in the real world..
    Winner 97kg, 2nd 28kg, 3rd 34kg!
    Makes me think of Sep Vanmarkce and Sergio Higuita in Paris Nice this year!
  • Logan had a good race. Front group was just too fast for him so he settled in to the second group of riders and they all worked together at a good pace. With 5km to go 'grey head' as Logan called him tried to break and it lasted a little while but Logan and another rider reeled him in and and at the same time managed to get away from their group too with a 10 second gap developing. Then with 2.5km to go 'grey head' made a break for it. Logan and the other rider battled for a bit and then with 1.5km to go Logan messed up a gear change and dropped his chain!!
    Fastest I've ever got a chain back on.
    Logan worked like mad to make up the 5 seconds he lost and got back with the rider ahead just as he deployed his draft boost power up and rode right past! He kept on going and stayed ahead.
    The difference in weights and sizes is interesting. Logan has to work hard on the downhills to stay with the adults as they seem to just pull away, whereas on the steeper up hills he's light. He takes an easy gear and spins it up at high cadence and pulls away.

Probably not doing the TT this Thursday as he's been invited to a meetup 'road to the sky' which he fancies having a go at.
  • edited July 2020
    Back to the Volcano circuit tonight, 7:31 for the B's, see you there. I've never managed to time the finish well on this course, any tips welcome on when to go.
  • My go to "sprint" race tips are save the aero boost powerup and mayybe the feather for the finish, even if you have them for 2 or 3 laps. Go hard up the first ramp into the volcano to stick in the wheels/not miss gaps but save something for the 2nd kick to the line, people who go to early tend to fade, so know where you need to kick from that will take you to the line
  • edited July 2020
    Cheers for the tips Chris.