Welcome to the forum

Zwift - TT Thursday

124»

Comments

• Was definitely a warm one. Two fans, a water spray bottle and plenty of fluids for Logan. With just under 3km to go he told me "dad I think I'm going to throw up" but he kept pedalling and the feeling passed. 5 seconds off his PB for this course. Makes me smile still how he gets so excited when he sees names of other riders from CCA and a few regulars he remembers. With grass track coaching starting up soon it'll be interesting to see if any of the Zwift training (which is much longer in time than a normal U10 race) carries over to stronger legs in the real world.
  • @rayers Logan did very well. I passed him after three or four minutes but then back he came, sprinting past me for a few seconds! :) Well done.
  • Too hot yesterday. Well done to everyone who was mad enough to take part. I felt I was melting after about 5km!!!
  • @Cycling Weakly Logan always tries to get a fast start and see how long he can stay near the front. He was jumping for joy when he hit 11.2w/kg for a split second. His highest output to date. Not really a sensible TT tactic but he's young and he enjoys it, which is the most important thing really. He settles for a bit after the sprint, recovers and then pushes on again. He saw you coming and tried to push but he was in that post sprint recovery stage. When you went by he couldn't resist and found an extra bit of energy for that little burst of speed :)
  • Can’t do the 6.30pm TT so just tried to do the 12.20 one. Got a puncture just before 10km so lost all traction on the turbo - not my day!! Good luck to everyone who rides tonight.
  • Lunchtime edition:-

C 5 Anna Fraser (CCA) 27:43
  • App issues right at the start. Rolled away and then it all froze.
    By the time it came back Logan was almost last. It had riders cutting across the corners and all sorts.
    Said 27:07 as he finished but results time of 28:18 ? Very odd. I’ve seen it add 30 seconds before but not over a minute.
    I did log a query with Zwift support before which they completely ignored and then got a message a week later saying as it’s an old request they’re closing it !
  • I had issues on my warm up. Lost connection to the trainer. I zwift in the garage i think its the humidity tonite. Damp electronics.
  • Lots of people out tonight which was cool - we came last in the inter club but never mind!! Zwifting when it’s raining is always more fun than when you’re looking out at sunshine! Well done to everyone who rode. Here's results courtesy of IRC guys. hope the link works
    https://www.ircttresults.co.uk/interclub/
  • For some reason, the BC TT didn't show up in my Events listings yesterday, so I assumed the series had finished... Was it still at 6.30?🤔
  • Yes still at 6.30 Dave, with a lunchtime option at 12.20.
  • @davewells for some reason it was well away from the ladies event but did appear on mine. There was a glut of events at 18:30 which didnt help. All other riders dropped off the screen about 30s before the start but reloaded by the time we got to the first tunnel, the OH must have turned Netflix on or something. Some good numbers by the other clubs
  • Been a while since Logan did that course. Messed up the first lap a bit by not getting ready for hills after the turns so had to push really hard to maintain speed, but was more aware for the following laps and really enjoyed it. Was closing people well on the short climb at the end of the sprint section. Picked an easy gear out he corner and just span really fast! Just missed out on a 3rd place in Zwiftpower. If he'd known it was that close I'm sure he'd have found a few seconds.
    He said that would make a good course for a race too as plenty of places to attack and use your power ups.
  • It looks like our informal inter-club completion has come to an end as BRCC have started their club TTs - IRW - and as only one IRC raced last night they may have done the same. We are grateful to Matt Wilmington BRCC for compiling the overview on a weekly basis & all those who participated. I’m sure some of us may continue until our club HNCC/CCA starts TTs again and, hopefully, more may now do TTs in the real world too. I am only a novice myself!

PS - it was good to see Logan last night & when I passed him I did wonder how he had got so far ahead of me........

It will be interesting to see if some of the Zwift TT form translates to the real world. Perhaps that’s why they call it the race of truth.
  • Many IRC doing the Cycling Weekly 10 on Wednesday John so maybe why. Great level of competition over the covid period... Maybe a winter Zwift TT series is on the cards?....
  • Sounds possible Matt - I have been promoting a HNCC Zwift Race on Thursdays over the winter - but it was good to do the BC series of races & TTs rather than some other random events. CCA seem to have favoured the Tuesday races - for HNCC interest in the races waned & the focus was on Thursday’s TTs. It was great to have the youngsters participate too as well as the few women - kudos to them all! Or should that be ‘Ride-on’.
  • @Johnhighfield Logan always starts the TT’s flat out to see how far to the front the can get. With 4 seconds before the start he gets into a sprint and then launches at max speed!
    It doesn’t last long before people come by but he doesn’t mind. If he sees someone he knows he’ll try and stay with them if he can.
  • @ChrisP what happened?

Good result for Logan but not the best he’s ridden. His best time at this course though and his first ZP Gold. Happy boy.
  • Terrible legs and heart not in it today so I abandoned. Keeping my powder dry for first open TT of the year on Saturday. Great work Logan getting the win!
  • Only a few Ashwell out for the Thursday TT this week. Logan caught sight of @Ed N very briefly at the start and then Ed was off into the distance. Logan paced himself well up to the turnaround point and then had a bit of a dip for a few km. Couple of riders who had been about 10secs behind were starting to gain as time went by so Logan put in a few short sprints to get his speed up again and kept them behind him till the finish. He got second in CatD and 1st on ZwiftPower so he's over the moon. the 2 riders behind came in for sliver and bronze on ZP so he's even happier he put in that extra effort to stay ahead. New PB for Logan on this course too.