Welcome to the forum

WTRL Zwift Racing League Season 2

191011121315»

Comments

• Well done all. I suspect many of these teams may have been racing the Thursday night WTRL team time trials of which there have been nearly 100 for some time, so inevitably more experienced in TTT than us.
    Also looking at the Cardiff Ajax team which won the B's event yesterday, their 4 first finishers average 84 kg and 333 W to our first four 73kg and 263W! Hard to compete with that on an essentially flat course.

I remain optimistic we will be in a great place to challenge for the top 3 in the division next series in the B's after the promotions/relegations and with the experience of this series under our belt. Bring it on!
  • Thanks to Matt P and Matt S for organising and encouraging - much appreciated. and thanks to all who raced too.
    I know Dan mentioned this at the beginning of the season but you can donate to WTRL on their website. Doesnt seem quite right getting all this racing for free!
  • Well done guys, that was a really tough season. Was great to get some new riders on board for Season 2. Gutted for the A's but still a respectable 3rd place overall. Thanks to both Matt's for all the organising.

We should take John up on his offer and race Thurday, I'm not a big fan of the ITT but if we get a few CCA signed up it could be more fun.
  • Just want to echo the thanks for organising Matt and Matt. The races were great fun to be involved in and brilliant for both teams to finish up there near the pointy end.
    I was frustrated to also had a ‘technical’ on the start line last night by dropping my phone, and then playing catch-up for a bit - sorry chaps, must invest in a set of bluetooth headphones !
  • I’ve put an entry in for this race on 23 May, if anyone else is also interested:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/220779/Banbury-Star-Mens--Womens-Road-Races
  • There is also the Welwyn Wheelers Hilly 50TT on 2nd April (Good Friday) that some Nomads are entering, mainly on road bikes. It comes up & through Hitchin so nice & local.
  • likewise I want to thank Matt S and Matt P for organising us all and taking care of all the admin. I felt out of my depth in the A team but really enjoyed it, and it was a good way of maintaining some fitness during the winter lockdown.

John - I've entered the Welwyn Hilly 50 TT. Not sure why!!!
  • No race league this week but a few of us have signed up for the 7:30 BC race tomorrow, get signed up.
  • Volcano circuit with BC tonight at 7:30, can you hang on for 4 laps?
  • Sorry Dan, did an early one. Legs like concrete... Bobbins
  • Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone. I've signed up for this evening's Tri Ireland Race, cat B, 7.21pm. See you there.
  • Cheers Stef. Season 3 kick off is 6th April.

Just a note of consideration, Season 3 spans all of April and all of May. Now... sunshine, light evenings and unlocking of lockdown are heading our way so before we register our teams, it might be worth getting a show of hands for those happy to commit to 'most' races. It would be a shame to suffer poor league performance due to fading numbers. Maybe 1 team for s3 would be better?...
  • I’ll be up for season 3, can’t do all races though due to shift pattern
  • Hi all. I plan to be on the Tuesday chaingangs from early April so I’d be an occasional/casual for any of the Zwift races. Ta.
  • Think I'll be the same as Martin, gonna try and get out on the road more and join the chaingangs as evenings get lighter. Happy to race sometimes too. Guess there might be a rainy day Tuesday zwift sweepstake at times though !
  • Realistically I won’t be able to join in April/May. I’ll be focussing on outside riding and triathlon training. I think I’ll have forgotten how to swim so I’ll need to use any spare evenings for getting into the pool!
  • Thanks Matt- I'd been thinking about this for a couple of weeks, and I'm not sure I want to commit to another season at this time of year- first IRL races and TTs starting to appear, so my commitment to the turbo will probably dwindle a bit- need to get some winter base miles at some point soon...
  • Same here I'm afraid - whilst it's been great fun I really want to start going out on the road again when the clocks change, so can't commit to season 3, sorry.
  • The bonus of not being promoted is that we are under no pressure to maintain league position.

Likewise for Tuesday night chain gangs for me. Can't wait!

Perhaps instead we could pick an occasional weekday or weekend race that looks good and see if a number of us can join. Perhaps we should start another chat for such a thing.
  • Thanks Matt for all you have done & giving me a taste of the WTRL racing League - which was a real challenge. I too will be trying to get out more and and will probably do some TTs too. I would be up for a return to Zwift racing come Autumn.
  • edited March 2021
    Agree Matt, maybe ad-hoc Zwift racing is better over summer and we pick up ZRL in the Autumn.
  • Agree with the above, been great but now the world is coming out of hibernation its time for me to get a little more fresh air! i like the ad-hoc idea though
  • I'd definitely be up for some ad-hoc races - there will be bad weather days/evenings and always more fun racing with others from CCA.
    Would love to do the WTRL series again with the club, maybe Autumn as Matt says.