Welcome to the forum

Phoenix Ride Easter Monday

edited March 2011 in Sportives
Open for entries £12. Chip timed.

http://londonphoenix.co.uk/pages/easter-classic/11/

Comments

• I'm having this one again, cheers Robbie.
  • Theo and I are booked.

This one is a TOP LAUGH people.

Daniel
  • edited March 2011
    i'm in

if I can get out of bed of course!!
  • mark- signed up mate!

skeletor- any sign of top por favor?

enjoy argos- why you shopping next week when you could be riding?

mwahahaha!
  • ok.. was hoping to admire the scenery...!

through and off worked well on sunday so there is hope

grrrrr!
  • i've signed up too.
    goes through toot hill i see, doubtless past the green man where i worked behind the bar one summer quite a long time ago....
    can always pop in for a pint for old times sake if the through and off not going particularly well.
  • Just booked a place. Tailwinds guaranteed so they say :-)
  • Stef, don't think you'll have time for a pint. There was talk last year of a plan to get gold this year that involved comfort breaks whilst still on the move!
  • are we actually entered as a team or is it join up there and ride?

i got a friend doing it too who would like to hang on as long as poos with us
  • As long as he what, Chris? I don't think that's the kind of comfort break Peter had in mind... ;-]

I've signed up - though I'm actually unsure if I can make it right now.

The plan I recall from last year was to stick together, steady thru and off, and try and get as many blue shirt golds as possible. 20mph av should do it if they've kept the same standards. All friends welcome, I say.
  • bang goes the pub idea then, oh well,
    instead it will be 3 and a half hours (hopefully) of hanging on like grim death and wishing i hadnt eaten so many easter eggs...
    i've not quite come to terms with the comfort break idea yet

i'll happily buy pints at the green man after the event if we make the gold standard
  • I am signed up now too. I make that a train of 10 so far which will be a grin
  • Thats me booked, paid and confirmed.......
  • I'm in aswell
  • I can't make this ride now. Booo! It's sure to be a lot of fun and I reckon there'll be a few Golds for the boys in Blue.

Mark W: if you want my place - let me know. You're welcome to it - gratis.

Let me know

ta
  • Martin,

I think I will take you up on that, but I first need to check that I can get Stevie in. I will let you know tomorrow if that is ok?

Thanks,
    Mark.
  • No probs Mark - no rush. cheers
  • tim d

still up for car share and swift return?
  • Chris,
    Indeed, how about you drive over to mine for 8 and we`ll go in my car? I can take another 1 as well, Stef? I need to leave swiftly afterwards though.
  • perfect Timbo!

nice one, cheers

you out tomo?
  • that sounds good tim, could do with being back prompt too..

yours for 8 then, thanks
  • Anyone need a lift?
  • Timbo

Will share with Markc- he by his lonesome at mo if that ok
  • Tim, i'll grab a lift if you have space? how much room have you got ? James may well need a lift too? or I can take my wagn ???
  • Are there any more spare slots as Jason might well be up for it?
  • edited April 2011
    Looks like there's 30 or so tickets left to buy;
    http://www.riderhq.com/events/londonphoenixeasterclassic2011
  • There you go J, thanks Martin :-) How's oop north?
  • Off oop in the morning. Was out with the club today. It was like interval training at times!

Well done on the TT. Sounds like you learned a lot. Heat/hydration not a factor too?

Gonna sign up for the next interclub TT - I don't think I have any probs that weekend.
  • Naaa, my legs were too tired to work hard enough for that, every hill felt like Mow Cop with my stupid gearing!!!