Welcome to the forum

Phoenix Ride Easter Monday

13»

Comments

• doing a quick summary..we had out of 17 starters....8 gold and 7 silver...Dan,Phil,Theo and Robbie just missing gold.....I was a sorry 19 mins outside gold but thoroughly enjoyed the ride..will do this one again..agree with top 8 positions...they look well dodgy
  • edited April 2011
    i did cross the mat.. honest!

Tim, how did you work out my start time? I seem to remember being one of the first over when we started and also thinking - i hope it registered cos I didn't hear a bleep - damn!!
  • Hi Tim you were just infront of me so I made up the start time :-) Shouldnt be to far out .....
  • sounds fair :-)
  • So if we ignore top 8 as suspect, the event was won by Geoff Nutter
    Seems appropriate!
  • comments from bike radar. the second clearly refers to cca, the first probably too?!

"Fantastic event, kudos to all those involved in making it happen.

was a great ride, great weather and a higher than average level of riding skills from those participating made it a far better event than more expensive, "brand name" sportives."

"great ride and thanks to cc ashwell for the ride to the feed and the rollapalluza mob for the ride home - the fastest 70 miles i've ever done!"
  • There is a similar discussion to ours at Rollapalluza link CCA is name checked too.
  • "The CCA Paceline"....chapeau to you lads...some splash and Geoff Nutter conceding he rode CCA most of the ride..that's till he left you......so that's the pacy bunch I rode with at the end...wondered who the guys and 1 girl were in that gear....they rode well...they seem to have a similar approach to cycling judging by their forum...seems they think as we do about top 8 times.....